Any Senior’s out there?

Options
Hello. I have been using this app since 29Oct and so far have lost 15 pounds with 15 more pounds to lose. I would love to connect with other Seniors for support over the Christmas season and beyond.
For exercise I walk and go to aquasize classes at the local pool. All I want for Christmas is a Series 3 Apple Watch so that once I start swimming it will count my swimming strokes. Is anyone out there?

Replies

• paulab4me7982
    paulab4me7982 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Congratulation on the6.5 pound loss. You can package up the fudge! Remember others will appreciate it so more than your hips will
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Congratulation on the6.5 pound loss. You can package up the fudge! Remember others will appreciate it so more than your hips will

Thanks but I should eat my evening meal before I get started! ;)
  • paulab4me7982
    Options
    Absolutely. Package up when you have a full tummy
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have been using this app since 29Oct and so far have lost 15 pounds with 15 more pounds to lose. I would love to connect with other Seniors for support over the Christmas season and beyond.
    For exercise I walk and go to aquasize classes at the local pool. All I want for Christmas is a Series 3 Apple Watch so that once I start swimming it will count my swimming strokes. Is anyone out there?

Hi! I'm 67 :) I've been here since around the middle of 2016, and I've lost 50 lbs over the last year and a half. I run and bike, and do some light weight training a couple of times a week (working on adding a third day). Glad to meet you!
  • paulab4me7982
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Seniors? High school, college, or . . . um, aging? If the latter, I'm 62, lost 50+ pounds in 2015-16, now maintaining a healthy weight (upper 120s, 5-5") at age 62. There's s light-traffic yet good group at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group.

I row, mostly.

I’ll check out that thread thanks
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

Hi! I'm 67 :) I've been here since around the middle of 2016, and I've lost 50 lbs over the last year and a half. I run and bike, and do some light weight training a couple of times a week (working on adding a third day). Glad to meet you!

You are my hero!!!
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    ... I row, mostly.
    Ooh - my present to husband this year is a rowing machine ... he is super excited and I intend to use it too - running is the love I am building back towards and my knees thank me for every pound I lose.

61, lost 10 and about 8 more to go, and honestly almost didn't click this thread. I don't think of myself as a senior at all! Maybe after I retire in another ... 8 years or so ...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    ... I row, mostly.
    Ooh - my present to husband this year is a rowing machine ... he is super excited and I intend to use it too - running is the love I am building back towards and my knees thank me for every pound I lose.

61, lost 10 and about 8 more to go, and honestly almost didn't click this thread. I don't think of myself as a senior at all! Maybe after I retire in another ... 8 years or so ...

Machine is a good workout, fer shure. On water > machine for pure wonderfulness, though. ;) (I do both, but only because my river gets crunchy in Winter. Also, been retired for 10+ years, at 62 = more time to row! :) ).
  • mph323
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »

You are my hero!!!

Aww, blush.
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 and my food diary is open to friends. Losing and loving it. I plan on getting in shape one last time and maintaining it. I want and have to if I want to see old age haha
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm 68. Lost 23 lbs since July. I try to get 10,000 + steps a day, mostly by walking around the house, marching/jogging in place. I have a nice bicycle, but have lately been unmotivated to use it. My weight has stalled these last couple of weeks, I think because of diet fatigue and not being as careful with logging or portion size. I would like to lose about 10 more, since that seems to be what's remaining around my middle. :)
  • mph323
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    I'm 68. Lost 23 lbs since July. I try to get 10,000 + steps a day, mostly by walking around the house, marching/jogging in place. I have a nice bicycle, but have lately been unmotivated to use it. My weight has stalled these last couple of weeks, I think because of diet fatigue and not being as careful with logging or portion size. I would like to lose about 10 more, since that seems to be what's remaining around my middle. :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks#latest

Hi! You might want to check out this thread if you are experiencing diet fatigue. It's helped me tremendously!