Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    dena789 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I found the stash of leftover Halloween candy that my daughter put away for the kids. I ate some of it last night and it's been calling to me all day.

Well, remember that it isn't yours to eat!

True. If it wasn't all stored in my sewing room, it would help. My sewing room was where I went to release my frustrations and find some calm. I can immerse myself in a project and not think about stuffing my face. However, my sewing room has become my daughter's dumping ground for anything she doesn't know where else to put. As a result, I can't easily access anything much anymore without spending a lot of time rearranging (piling the stuff higher) or digging through the pile to find what I need. Can you tell it's frustrating?

It really doesn’t help to go to your de- stress place and to be tempted. That is really not fair.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    It's 3am and of course I'm awake. I've fed the sproglet on both sides, fresh nappy, cuddled and burped, and she's looking up at me all wide eyed, as if to say, 'why sure you can try putting me in my bed, but I'll probably go ballistic. We're fine right here, why change the status quo?' maybe so Ellie, but mummy needs to sleep.

One month old today!

Also, just eaten a curly wurly in bed for about the tenth night in a row. Stops me from falling asleep while holding her. It's fine, breastfeeding cancels it out. I'm winning at life!

Thank you for this post and lots of nostalgia.
    What is curly wurly?

A long thin chocolate coated toffee thing by cadburys. Only 115 cal and my go to emergency treat as it takes some chewing. I want one now!
  • raymax4
    Options
    It's 3am and of course I'm awake. I've fed the sproglet on both sides, fresh nappy, cuddled and burped, and she's looking up at me all wide eyed, as if to say, 'why sure you can try putting me in my bed, but I'll probably go ballistic. We're fine right here, why change the status quo?' maybe so Ellie, but mummy needs to sleep.

One month old today!

Also, just eaten a curly wurly in bed for about the tenth night in a row. Stops me from falling asleep while holding her. It's fine, breastfeeding cancels it out. I'm winning at life!

Thank you for this post and lots of nostalgia.
    What is curly wurly?

A long thin chocolate coated toffee thing by cadburys. Only 115 cal and my go to emergency treat as it takes some chewing. I want one now!

Sounds like something I would like. Is the toffee crunchy or is it like salt water toffee
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I found the stash of leftover Halloween candy that my daughter put away for the kids. I ate some of it last night and it's been calling to me all day.

True. If it wasn't all stored in my sewing room, it would help. My sewing room was where I went to release my frustrations and find some calm. I can immerse myself in a project and not think about stuffing my face. However, my sewing room has become my daughter's dumping ground for anything she doesn't know where else to put. As a result, I can't easily access anything much anymore without spending a lot of time rearranging (piling the stuff higher) or digging through the pile to find what I need. Can you tell it's frustrating?

I am assuming (which could get me in trouble) that your adult daughter and her kids are living with you and that she has taken over your retreat space. If that's case, take it back.

It's 10 days until Christmas and 16 until 2018. On New Year's Day, you should have a meeting with her, lay down the law and "crisis clean" your space - toss anything that is actually trash (including Halloween candy), put away anything you love, wear or use, give away anything serviceable that you don't love, wear or use. If you have your space to sew, then you will be able to stay away from the candy because you want to keep your projects clean.

If it's not, ignore my rant. I am sorry.

I am assuming (which could get me in trouble) that your adult daughter and her kids are living with you and that she has taken over your retreat space. If that's case, take it back.

It's 10 days until Christmas and 16 until 2018. On New Year's Day, you should have a meeting with her, lay down the law and "crisis clean" your space - toss anything that is actually trash (including Halloween candy), put away anything you love, wear or use, give away anything serviceable that you don't love, wear or use. If you have your space to sew, then you will be able to stay away from the candy because you want to keep your projects clean.

You are very intuitive. She hasn't exactly taken it over, just puts stuff in there that she has nowhere else to keep. Trouble is, it goes in there and never gets taken back out or a proper place found for it. It's a very difficult situation. There are 8 people living in a smallish house so there isn't much extra space. Because of that I feel a bit guilty for having that room when there are kids doubled up in rooms and I have my bedroom AND another room for myself. I'm not sure that I can or would be able to 'lay down the law' with her as you suggest. I have dropped both subtle hints and a Christmas request that I get my sewing room back but we shall see. I could, however, just get in there and start cleaning out.

I live with 6 people in 787 Sq ft. I know about small and I know the stuff takes over if you don't clear it out as I suggested. If she needs the space, then maybe adding shelving in the sewing room?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Bulimia tip: if you intentionally purge after drinking you can impress Russian boys with your ability to drink more than them and not pass out lolol

Less than a week left!!! :o

Sigh...
  • spamarie
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    We've taught the toddler to do a King Kong impression every time someone says monkey. Parenting win.

This made me laugh. Teaching your kids to do tricks.
    Definitely a parenting win. I wonder what else you could condition them to do? XD

Currently my not quite two year old will very enthusiastically help take laundry off drying racks and put folded stuff away. Trouble is he's not very particular. stuff on the rack doesn't have to be dry and stuff going in the drawers doesn't have to be clean. I caught him trying to put away his sister's dirty (poopy!) vests in my T-shirt drawer. Eek. His heart is in the right place!

He also gets very excited about closing curtains. It's a thrill a minute over here.
  • raymax4
    Options
    We've taught the toddler to do a King Kong impression every time someone says monkey. Parenting win.

Definitely a parenting win. I wonder what else you could condition them to do? XD

Currently my not quite two year old will very enthusiastically help take laundry off drying racks and put folded stuff away. Trouble is he's not very particular. stuff on the rack doesn't have to be dry and stuff going in the drawers doesn't have to be clean. I caught him trying to put away his sister's dirty (poopy!) vests in my T-shirt drawer. Eek. His heart is in the right place!

He also gets very excited about closing curtains. It's a thrill a minute over here.

Up until the indiscriminate putting away of clothing I was envious. Still it is great practice for him to help you.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

Awww, that’s so cute that he tries to help though.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

You are very intuitive. She hasn't exactly taken it over, just puts stuff in there that she has nowhere else to keep. Trouble is, it goes in there and never gets taken back out or a proper place found for it. It's a very difficult situation. There are 8 people living in a smallish house so there isn't much extra space. Because of that I feel a bit guilty for having that room when there are kids doubled up in rooms and I have my bedroom AND another room for myself. I'm not sure that I can or would be able to 'lay down the law' with her as you suggest. I have dropped both subtle hints and a Christmas request that I get my sewing room back but we shall see. I could, however, just get in there and start cleaning out.

I live with 6 people in 787 Sq ft. I know about small and I know the stuff takes over if you don't clear it out as I suggested. If she needs the space, then maybe adding shelving in the sewing room?

There already is quite a lot of shelving in there but it's got my stuff on it. I'll have to figure something out.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

There already is quite a lot of shelving in there but it's got my stuff on it. I'll have to figure something out.

Maybe you could donate some of your stuff and your time and teach sewing at the Boys and Girls Club or your local equivalent? I bet they would love to have you.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Hey, all. Been down sick. I've caught back up. I'm pretty impressed we're at 2523 pages.

I made some buckeye balls for Christmas and I'm thinking of dipping Oreos for another "christmas candy." If you were going to dip an Oreo in white chocolate and top with crushed candy canes, would you use original, mocha, or the hot cocoa flavored Oreos?

Buckeye balls:

0up9d152h05f.jpg
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I would use original and your Buckeye balls look good!
  • spamarie
    Options
    Please explain buckeye balls! Looks like something I might need!!

Original Oreo vote here. I'm so hungry for rubbish now! Emergency night curly wurly isn't going to last much longer.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

It really doesn’t help to go to your de- stress place and to be tempted. That is really not fair.

I agree! Also, I've tried having just a little if it fits into my days calories but then the next thing I know, I've decided to eat the whole thing and still go to find more. I've asked my daughter to have a bit more fruit in the house.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Please explain buckeye balls! Looks like something I might need!!

Original Oreo vote here. I'm so hungry for rubbish now! Emergency night curly wurly isn't going to last much longer.

Buckeye Balls:

7fa4qptc3cxf.jpg

Blend peanut butter and butter together. Blend in vanilla.

Add powdered sugar. Blend on low til completely mixed/smooth. (I found this to be too sweet. My Grandma Max used to have graham crackers in hers. I'm going to make another batch and do half pulverized grahams and half powdered sugar.)

Form into balls. Freeze at least one hour.

Dip in chocolate!

Done.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Original Oreos and my mom always used 1/2 pound of confectionery sugar and did half dark chocolate and half white for dipping. The peanut butter balls stayed together fine with less sugar.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    It’s my last night in Russia!! Sniff sniff. Celebrating by going to the gay bar and getting drunk again. I’m going to miss this city so much...!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    It’s my last night in Russia!! Sniff sniff. Celebrating by going to the gay bar and getting drunk again. I’m going to miss this city so much...!

Have fun. Be careful.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    There's a hug button!! YAY! I definitely approve of this one!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    There's a hug button!! YAY! I definitely approve of this one!

Me too.