Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    10985389_856450841070368_1978520100378717089_n.jpg?oh=3ac0c4bf6db12334cd4848833c26525d&oe=5643AC5B

Also this one
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Since my mother taught me if I can't say something nice don't say anything at all I'll go with something nice because let's face it- Laura not say anything? I don't think so! DLB is rocking a fierce haircut, I love it!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Okay, I deleted my last post, but I'm going to reword it here, it's regarding the DLB comments.

It bothers me that people are being encouraged to be more body positive, and not body shame people who are overweight, but people who are super fit are still picked apart. I get it, I don't want to look like DLB either, but I don't think it's right to say she looks manly or scary. It's still body shaming. Just because she's muscular/fit doesn't make it okay. People wouldn't post things like that about an obese person, or they'd be torn apart!

I hope that makes sense. I know it's judgment free and I think you are all super great, but I just had to put my $0.02 in.

I wondered what your 'deleted' meant. Good point. I don't care for that look. I don't care for the anorexic look either. Both are too extreme. But totally get your point. And won't do it again and luckily, its within the hour, so I'll go delete it! :)

That's totally fine. Everyone's "ideal" varies of course. :smile:

It may have been mentioned already way back, but there's a double standard on body acceptance. You (general you) can't put down or say anything bad about an overweight person, but skinny people are told to "eat a hamburger" or accused of being anorexic when they're not. For some reason it's more acceptable to make remarks to a skinny person. I'm not sure why. I can only imagine the types of comments women like DLB must get, and while they might be used to it, I know I wouldn't want to hear unnecessary negative comments about my body.

ETA: Now I'm stressed about these posts. I am not trying to stir anything up so I hope nobody takes offence to me stating my opinion.

Actually, the woman I work out with on Saturday used to be a body builder. I have seen her pictures and to be honest I do not care for that look. However, she has talked about how people made fun of her if she was out to lunch, etc. and how it hurt, so I totally get your point, and I am not in the least bit offended. I appreciate the perspective and you sharing it with me. And I will think twice in the future! So, all good!

ETA: Why does my quoting of you have an ETA but what I see on the original post doesn't??? So weird? Must be a timing thing.

That is weird, it must have just been the timing lol
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Okay, I deleted my last post, but I'm going to reword it here, it's regarding the DLB comments.

It bothers me that people are being encouraged to be more body positive, and not body shame people who are overweight, but people who are super fit are still picked apart. I get it, I don't want to look like DLB either, but I don't think it's right to say she looks manly or scary. It's still body shaming. Just because she's muscular/fit doesn't make it okay. People wouldn't post things like that about an obese person, or they'd be torn apart!

I hope that makes sense. I know it's judgment free and I think you are all super great, but I just had to put my $0.02 in.

I wondered what your 'deleted' meant. Good point. I don't care for that look. I don't care for the anorexic look either. Both are too extreme. But totally get your point. And won't do it again and luckily, its within the hour, so I'll go delete it! :)

It may have been mentioned already way back, but there's a double standard on body acceptance. You (general you) can't put down or say anything bad about an overweight person, but skinny people are told to "eat a hamburger" or accused of being anorexic when they're not. For some reason it's more acceptable to make remarks to a skinny person. I'm not sure why. I can only imagine the types of comments women like DLB must get, and while they might be used to it, I know I wouldn't want to hear unnecessary negative comments about my body.

That is so true. I don't personally want to look like her, but I can't even imagine the amount of discipline and determination she has.

I totally agree with the double standard. It's not right. Having been on the thinner side my whole life, I've gotten steady comments about how I don't eat enough or how I need to eat more how I can't possibly be full after just eating a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. And now that I've been working out regularly, they make comments about how I don't need to workout or I workout too much. Blah, blah, blah.

How and what I eat are no concern of yours, so mind ya own bidness. As much as I love Mr. Mo, he's horrible about saying things like this to me. It's hurtful.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    10985389_856450841070368_1978520100378717089_n.jpg?oh=3ac0c4bf6db12334cd4848833c26525d&oe=5643AC5B

Also this one

that is a great one!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Also this one

:'(

• MoHousdon
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Since my mother taught me if I can't say something nice don't say anything at all I'll go with something nice because let's face it- Laura not say anything? I don't think so! DLB is rocking a fierce haircut, I love it!

I DO love her hair! AND she has a beautiful smile.

• ShibaEars
    Options

Also this one

that is a great one!

Why can't I see these? There's nothing but blank space :(
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

That is so true. I don't personally want to look like her, but I can't even imagine the amount of discipline and determination she has.

I totally agree with the double standard. It's not right. Having been on the thinner side my whole life, I've gotten steady comments about how I don't eat enough or how I need to eat more how I can't possibly be full after just eating a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. And now that I've been working out regularly, they make comments about how I don't need to workout or I workout too much. Blah, blah, blah.

How and what I eat are no concern of yours, so mind ya own bidness. As much as I love Mr. Mo, he's horrible about saying things like this to me. It's hurtful.

I can get this. I was really hurt last time I visited my Mom she is always criticizing me for my weight (being too heavy) now all she could say was I was too thin... Its like ... seriously, Mom, can't I ever be just right?????????

Maybe not exactly the same but I was hurt. I like the way I look right now. So there!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @froggybug Good luck!! Fingers and toes crossed for you!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I guess no matter what you look like, or what you eat, someone will feel the need to voice their unwanted opinion.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The way I want my body to look changes pretty much from day to day. Sometimes I want to look softer and I think the weight I'm at now is fine if I could just rearrange fat in some places and put it elsewhere. Sometimes I want to be much more slim, but still soft. Sometimes I want to look like superwoman and have super toned and muscled arms (not as muscled as that woman posted, but still awesome). I feel like I am never truly happy with my body.

I find women of all different body types beautiful :tongue:
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Woohoo! It's finally (just about) 4:30 here! Hope everyone has a super great weekend! It's a long weekend here, which I am very excited about. :smiley:
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

ETA: Now I'm stressed about these posts. I am not trying to stir anything up so I hope nobody takes offence to me stating my opinion.

Ehh. You're reminding us to not be judge-y - I don't think people should take offense at that!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

Ooo I've always wanted to do #1 too!!! You're hilarious! :p

My friend emailed me to say she was going to have to cancel a workout, so I sent her this:

pplb7gu3pyx7.jpg

And it made me think of it.

this made me laugh-snort at work. Blowing my cover, @ShibaEars ... it's either you or @MoHousdon getting me in trouble with snickering while I'm s'posed to be doing serious bidness.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm going to a place called The Melting Pot. I'm going to pig out and I don't regret it for even a second!!!

Have fun! There's one of those in downtown Portland. I hear that it's delicious, but I've never been. Happy birthday!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

It's easy to make. Butter, confectioner's sugar, cream (just a bit), dash salt, dash vanilla or cocoa powder depending on flavor. Takes just a few minutes and OMG is it worth the effort.

That's for buttercream and if you whip it longer/sub heavyweight whipping cream for the cream it gets super fluffy... More butter, it gets fudgier...

Omgggg, don't tell me this!!!!

For chocolate buttercream, I use melted chocolate chips and a little brewed coffee instead of cream. I always use unsalted butter and never add salt.

Other flavors I've tried recently- maple (just added maple syrup instead of cream), raspberry mocha (raspberry extract instead of vanilla), and lemon. (Edit- I almost forgot my favorite- peanut butter buttercream on a dark chocolate cake!)

You are just evil!!! But I like it! ;)
  • jthurman3
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Good choices were not made at lunch today. At least it has potassium. :/

I think you made a good choice. I really like those kind!

My morning didn't start so good either. I ordered Starbucks and they made the first drink wrong so they gave it to me. So instead of one Starbucks drink, I had two today. :( So double the calories. (I wanted an iced caramel macchiato but they made a hot one first with a bunch of caramel in it).

Also, just as an FYI-I got our first relationship counseling session scheduled for Aug 13 (it was the soonest that our schedules would allow). Crossing fingers!

Crossing fingers too. I hope it goes well.

@FroggyBug I hope it goes well, too!
  • jthurman3
    Options
    11825658_940901039303685_673752295597313416_n.jpg?oh=3dc68214d1f3f249a316d7c34142f98f&oe=560F0DBF

I saw this and thought of y'all

:heart:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

Omg, this is awesome. I'd love to do both of these things too! Haha