HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Update: just because I freaking love the most recent picture :D . Counter-clockwise from top left: Summer 2016 - Fall 2016 - November 14, 2016 - June 26, 2017. Heavy lifting, including training for competitive powerlifting and slight calorie deficit.

fi62p4h5alm8.jpg

Incredible progress in such a short time! I truly admire your dedication and good luck in your competition!

It was Saturday, @ythannah. Go check out the Confessions thread. My vids are there.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    That was fantastic @quiksylver296.
    It took me a while to find your lifts so here is the link for anyone else who wants to drool.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/40202719#Comment_40202719

Cheers, h.
  • anonymouse37
    anonymouse37 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    awebster2 wrote: »
    awebster2 wrote: »
    NOTE ON HOW THIS WORKS - this is a totally shredded, flexed stage look that is DESIGNED to emphasize muscle (and gives an illusion of being bigger because of the extreme leanness) so not real life lol! Weight went from about 180 to 110 in that pic. I wear a size 2-4 in pants. In real life I have people say I'm TINY (5'2" and about 115), but also comment on how buff I look. No one is like - ew! You're way too muscular! You also have to realize I now eat and train in specific ways to build muscle. And, coming from this weird world now, trust me, at higher levels even the women aren't immune from having a little "help" along the way. So those super scary pics you see are probably not natural. Heck, some of those even scare ME lol!

stvrv40fif5q.jpg

Holy *kitten*! I want to be you! Those quads! Love it!!! <3

Ignore this question if you want, but how old are you?

I'll be 59 Sept 3rd. Didn't pick up weights until 55. Also went through breast cancer in there. If there is an easy trip through cancer, I had it, but I still give my trainer a hug after every workout because he could have saved my life. If I hadn't lost the weight, I may not have found the lump. My life lesson - if you have a voice telling you it is time, listen to it! You might have something coming down the pike you need to be ready for.

This is so inspiring! I am 55 and have had a hard time mustering the commitment to lift weights because I felt like it would be impossible to get results anywhere near what you have achieved. (I run and do a little HIIT to stay in shape) Would you talk a little more about how you got to this point? What was/is you nutrition routine? What was/is your workout routine? How did you choose a trainer? Now that you have some experience under your belt, do you feel like you are genetically gifted?
  • TristaJ80
    TristaJ80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To go with the video above....

Thanks for sharing this video! So helpful!
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    @awebster2 I'm so impressed with your dedication, and what was likely so much work!! Thank you for sharing.
    I know the competition photos (and what you do to get ready for the competition) is designed to really highlight how built you are. I've always wondered what a competition bodybuilder (sorry if that's the wrong term) looks like when they aren't in competition. You mention your friends saying you are tiny and buff - do you have a pic in normal non stage conditions to compare? Sorry I hope thats not rude or intrusive - I was just think that it might help the ladies here who are concerned with what lifting will do to them to see how even people who have specific building goals don't necessarily always look like like they do during competition.
  • sara1882000
    sara1882000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Minaz95
    Minaz95 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How did you accomplish this
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Bumpity bump bump.

It’s that time of year and I want women to get the memo.

Memo received. I just met with the health coordinator at my gym to get rates for trainers. I'm a bit cash poor, what with the holidays coming up, but will be using YAYOG in the meantime. Once I have recovered from the spending spree I will be getting a trainer to teach me form for the 5 SL's.

Looking forward to the bulk!
  • Ddonna82
    Ddonna82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    andreae13 wrote: »
    LOVE that more and more women are starting to realize the benefits to lifting heavy and move past the myth!! I absolutely love being strong!!

Here are my pics (lifting pic was taken about 3 months ago so I've gotten a little bit more definition since then but you get the idea). Still not at goal but getting there :wink:

Before 323lbs
    9e0b5ef0-2295-4a91-8440-2cc0dd4c0b9e_zps3546232b.jpg

Current 183lbs
    Gym12-1-13_zps75a2d729.jpg

Wow great job!! Could you please go in detail with your full eating plan and lifting routine.. I'm 350 and need advice desperately...
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Ooh @quiksylver296 you are the first person I have used the new button line up with. Had to inspire (which you are) instead of awesome you.
    Cheers, h.
  • rockmartin50
    rockmartin50 Posts: 1,747 Member
    Options
    good job my friend-WOW
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    The first pic I am the same weight as I am in the last pic- the only difference being a year and a half of progressive lifting :)

What a gorgeous example of a recomp! Go, you!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    The first pic I am the same weight as I am in the last pic- the only difference being a year and a half of progressive lifting :)

Second that! What a great job!
  • stephaniedenise28
    stephaniedenise28 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Thank you :) I started at 76kg (not shown) Got down to 61kg at the end of last year, and now back up to around 68kg give or take!

Are you a powerlifter? I have been training and looking to compete in strongwoman stuff, but the UK comps seem to be either very light, miles away or massively heavy ha!

• quiksylver296
    Options

Thank you :) I started at 76kg (not shown) Got down to 61kg at the end of last year, and now back up to around 68kg give or take!

Are you a powerlifter? I have been training and looking to compete in strongwoman stuff, but the UK comps seem to be either very light, miles away or massively heavy ha!

Yep. Relatively new, started competing in February.
  • stephaniedenise28
    stephaniedenise28 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Yep. Relatively new, started competing in February.

Hows has it gone?

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!