Why I left Weight Watchers new "Freestyle" Program

Replies

• Honey5
    Honey5 Posts: 76 Member
    @gooz71 I am going to go back to the old Smart Points plan. I would rather use the online app and not have to track the points manually, but I have no other choice. I just need to buy some of the Smart Points materials to get started.
  • gooz71 wrote: »
    merzback wrote: »
    I left it a while ago, I loved it 10 years ago but what are the200 foods they now have added? Also, why not just do the smart points program since you have the info? I didn't like smart points because with the old program I could look at a food and tell the points plus too many points for carbohydrates.

Hi There -

You can't really do any old programs once they change it because everything is done on the WW app now. I guess I could still do it and be a -7 everyday but that would mess with my head seeing the - everyday. WW has changed so much if you haven't been on it in 10 years you would be in for a major change going back. The 200 food list I am sure you can google it "zero point food list" and find an image.

look into the app itrackbites :)
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    My problem with ww was I got 27 points and was just hungry all the time. I couldn't stick to it, The leaders response was to fill up on more veggies which was not satisfying to me. I crave sugar and sugar is really restricted on the plan. A piece of cake is 24 points
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    My problem with ww was I got 27 points and was just hungry all the time. I couldn't stick to it, The leaders response was to fill up on more veggies which was not satisfying to me. I crave sugar and sugar is really restricted on the plan. A piece of cake is 24 points

Depends on the size of the cake. A 40 to 50 gram size slice of cake was only 7 or 8 points. 24 points was for a multitier, frosting loaded bakery sized slice.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Different things work for different people. I like the structure of WW (I learned portion control and healthy eating) and the calorie control of MFP (because you can gain weight on overeating healthy foods). Both are flexible but require sensibility. Like the cake example. Yes you can have cake every day if you have the calories, points, whatever. Does it mean you should? I personally have no interest in continuing a behavior that made me obese. So I kicked the daily Little Debbie habit to the curb. YMMV.
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    I think WW is a good onboarding system. I joined in July, when they had a special that included telephone coaching. I got a lot out of checking in with someone, kept me focused and accountable. However, the long term price I just thought was too high when the program was focused on doing what I was already doing, namely eating more lean protein fruits and vegetables. That's just me; I can totally see how the simplified approach of points can keep people on track more easily than carbs or macro counting. Like everybody said, whatever works for you.
  • Honey5
    Honey5 Posts: 76 Member
    Download the iTrackBites app. You can track the Smart Points or previous Weight Watchers plans on the app.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I had a friend who was over 400 lbs and joined weight watchers. with the points this person was eating under 900 calories. stopped losing weight and weight watchers told this person their body was in starvation mode and to lower the points a little. for goodness sake that is way too little calories even for someone who doesnt have a lot of weight to lose. so now they are telling people higher calorie foods are no points? heck 5-6 oz of turkey is like what 300 calories or a little more?eggs at 74 calories for an large egg? give or take the weight of course. but if you ate nothing but these 0 point foods and as much as you wanted a person could enter into surplus calories territory easily. I dont see this lasting long.