Feeling guilty

Options

Replies

• elliemae1981
    elliemae1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Stop trying to justify undereating.

It's not healthy.

Had doctors tell me the same thing. But I always felt like crap after eating what they reccomend. I end up more tired and end up constantly in the bathroom. Eliminating fat is the only thing that helps uc and if eliminating fat also means less calories and I don't feel sick and weak then it's worth the low calories to feel normal. I occasionally eat something with more fat but I end up feeling sick. This is more than for weight-loss, it's to control a major health condition. I just know what my body can physically tolerate.

5'4 197 pounds. Down from 290 pounds. Goal is 110-115 pounds
  • xhunter561
    xhunter561 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wanted to take a salad to work today but for some reason the salad I had went bad so I went to a local convience store to get one and they didn't have any made and didn't have time to wait so I just grabbed a chicken sandwich. Didn't realize it was 770 calories! I think that I just really messed up. My calories are 1,520. I never get to that usually eating just a little over a 1,000 except for yesterday I logged over 1,300. Feeling guilty about the calorie amount of this one sandwich. Guess I need to make sure the salad I have in my fridge is good the night before.

don't feel bad if you go a little over because stuff just simply happens. the only real time you want to worry about your goal is if its constantly happening and not a one type deal. But feeling guilty does you no good just take it as a learning ex. But if possible i'd make my own salads with a little prep time to make sure you have a back up in case something happens. But only three salads in advance not a weeks worth sense a weeks worth would wilt and damage the nutrition of the remaining. home made salads normally are lower in calories and depending on what you add into it can be packed far more than lettuce salads you get at the store.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    We do not recommend women consume fewer than 1200 calories per day, or men fewer than 1500 calories per day. Eating too little can produce negative health effects.
    from https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/410332-how-does-myfitnesspal-calculate-my-initial-goals-
    The National Institutes of Health indicates that eating plans of 1,500 calories for men, and 1,200 calories for women, are safe and effective in achieving weight loss. To align with these guidelines myfitnesspal has implemented a separate calorie minimum for males of 1,500 calories per day. Previously, the minimum was 1,200 calories for both men and women.
    from https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1375583-a-message-about-myfitnesspal-s-updated-nutrition-goals

The facts as far as MFP goes is that 1,200 is the minimum recommended calories stated in more than one place. I could not find what you stated as MFP minimums. Where have you seen MFP state 1,000-1,200 for women and 1,200-1,500 for men are the minimums?