Time it took to lose: 4 months
    How long in maintenance: 12 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 99-101

Average weight recorded from October: 103.9
    Average weight recorded from November: 100.9

Avg 26 Nov thru 2 Dec 99.8
    Avg 3 Dec - 9 Dec 99.1
    Avg 10 Dec - 16 Dec 98.9
    Avg 17 Dec - 23 Dec 98.4 (Happy Scale moving avg is 98.8)

Success/struggles of the week/month: 12 weeks in. I guess my success this week has been that even though I am not able to run, I have been able to walk and it's been really interesting to see that my TDEE is NOT significantly different without the jogging!!! WOWWWWW!!! That's eye opening. TDEE at 1850. I think it means that for me the whole eat your exercise calorie thing back might be inflated somewhat. Trend looks down but it's COLD and honestly my scale seems to weigh a lot lighter when it's really cold and dry out. Hopefully it will flatten out. I am still playing with intake increases and the rate of loss at this point is leveling out nicely.. I am also cautiously optimistic that I will be able to get back to running again soon - miss those endorphins and the "feel" of it.
  • 92019start
    92019start Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Name: Kate
    Height: 5'6”
    Total Weight lost: 25 lbs pregnancy weight
    Time it took to lose: 3 months
    How long in maintenance: Feb 2016
    Maintenance weight range: 115 - 120

Week of...
    3rd December: 115.6
    10th December: 114.2
    17th December: vacation, n/a
    24th December: 117
    31st December:

Success/struggles of the week: Last week when we were on vacation, I basically ate whenever everyone else was eating, plus my usual evening snacks, which I am in the habit of always having. I tried to log, but that’s tough when you’re at restaurants eating foods you’re not accustomed to eating (“Excuse me, Monsieur, how many calories are in this terrine de foie gras?”) I’ve always been terrible at estimating weights for logging purposes (“OK, let’s see, that looks like about 8g of bacon. Or is it 18? Eh, call it 8 and I’ll have two!”) (Usually I do try to weigh at home on a digital scale.) That, and I often forget how many French fries I've nibbled off of my kids’ plates. (I only took two, right? Riiiight! Lol). Now we are home so I’m happy that even though it’s Christmas I can at least log with some degree of accuracy so I’m not completely ignorant of how many calories of wine and cookies I’m indulging in, haha. Last night we went out for dinner as part of the Christmas celebration and I banked calories all day. I’m not unhappy that even though I ate more than I planned, it was worth it. That evening I simply ate a smaller bedtime snack. We have another dinner out at a restaurant tonight, but it’s not a place that’s super special to me with any food I’m craving, so I plan to eat lightly, like seafood and salad. Tomorrow is Christmas, of course, and I’m planning to have a few treats in small portions, which I’ve already logged.

Exercise-wise, I’m thrilled to be back at the gym and running outside. It’s an invigorating way to shake off winter cabin fever.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Name:Pam
    Height:5'5
    Total Weight lost: 190
    Time it took to lose:Started Jan 1 2016
    How long in maintenance:Sept 2017
    Maintenance weight range:145-150 (changed since I keep losing))

Week of...
    3rd December 143:
    10th December:142
    17th December:141
    24th December:140
    31st December:

Success/struggles of the week: still fighting sickness and don't have much appetite which might be a good thing this time of year. My Plan for the New Year is get this maintenance thing down path.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~76 lbs (I dropped about 16 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal of 135)
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I have continued to slowly lose so I'm not really sure.
    Maintenance weight range: 120 - 125 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from June: 122.8
    Average weight recorded from July: 122.1
    Average weight recorded from August: 122.5
    Average weight recorded from September: 121.4
    Average weight recorded from October: 120.9
    Average weight recorded from November:120.0

Week of...
    3rd December: 119.4 scale/119.8 trend
    10th December: 120.0 scale/119.8 trend
    17th December: 119.0 scale/119.1 trend
    24th December: 120.6 scale/ 120.0 trend
    31st December:

Success/struggles of the week: I did weigh in the morning. I'm up a bit this week, but I am happy about that. I am right where I need to be. Yesterday and today I have been having more treats than usual, but I feel confident about getting back to my usual routine tomorrow.
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachel
    Height: 5'8.5"
    Total Weight lost: about 50 lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 16 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: below 153, preferably 140s...

Average weight recorded from January: 188.4 lbs
    Average weight recorded from February: 182.2 lbs
    Average weight recorded from March: 176.8 lbs
    Average weight recorded from April: 171.1 lbs
    Average weight recorded from May: 165.2 lbs
    Average weight recorded from June: 161.3 lbs
    Average weight recorded from July: 157.7 lbs
    Average weight recorded from August: 152.2 lbs
    Average weight recorded from September: 149.4 lbs
    Average weight recorded from October: 147.3 lbs
    Average weight recorded from November: 145.0 lbs

Week of...
    3rd of December: 146.0 lbs
    10th of December: 148.6 lbs
    17th of December: 145.8 lbs
    24th of December: 146.0 lbs
    31st of December:

Success/struggles of the week: enjoying the joy and novelty of maintaining my weight. And because 'tis the season to be jolly, I have put in extra effort to pursue some of the traditional foods that I often haven't bothered with in recent years: like turkey, stuffing, mincemeat tarts, etc. Am still kind of astonished that it's possible to eat a lot of good food without penalty. Happy New Year gang!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    @mk2fit yep definitely will be continuing this group for 2018- I am so glad that you brilliant people are up for it <3

@lorrpb Wooooow that's an amazing achievement!!!! I think a celebration is in order :D
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    As you all know, I don't do the weekly "tree". I did start the month at 116# ,then went down to 115# for a couple of weeks. So, I went to visit my kids/grands for Christmas and, oops, lost 2 pounds. Weighed in this morning at 113#. That puts me 5# underweight. I didn't eat much on the road - 2 days @ 9 hours. Really only ate two meals/day since most was eating out. I did manage to exercise each day. I guess I can eat a bit more for a couple of days to "catch up." Lots of snow here so no running. Hello elliptical.

@lorrpb Fabulous!!!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    92019start wrote: »
    Ugh, this week is not going well. I’m doing the opposite of what I want to do—I’m eating even more unplanned food than last week on vacation and the holidays. I’m not even measuring because I don’t want to know or don’t care. I’m mindlessly nibbling off my kids’ plates, while I’m cooking, and when I’m not even hungry. Why is it that when it’s time to tighten up on logging, my other self rebels and tries to do the exact opposite?

We are both having that kind of week! Don't worry. It will be over soon and we can tighten back up until Valentine's Day! In the meantime, try to make an effort to _enjoy_ what you are eating. I find that is the worst of it. The mindless snatch-and-grab-full-on-Gollum compulsion, sucking down calories at warp speed and forgetting to enjoy them.

We need to give ourselves permission to do that. (I can do it for splurge meals, but multiple days in a row are still hard for me.)
  • 92019start
    92019start Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »

We are both having that kind of week! Don't worry. It will be over soon and we can tighten back up until Valentine's Day! In the meantime, try to make an effort to _enjoy_ what you are eating. I find that is the worst of it. The mindless snatch-and-grab-full-on-Gollum compulsion, sucking down calories at warp speed and forgetting to enjoy them.

We need to give ourselves permission to do that. (I can do it for splurge meals, but multiple days in a row are still hard for me.)

Wise words! I’ll try to enjoy the food. It is not pleasant to frenetically gobble down food like a crazy person.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    92019start wrote: »
    Ugh, this week is not going well. I’m doing the opposite of what I want to do—I’m eating even more unplanned food than last week on vacation and the holidays. I’m not even measuring because I don’t want to know or don’t care. I’m mindlessly nibbling off my kids’ plates, while I’m cooking, and when I’m not even hungry. Why is it that when it’s time to tighten up on logging, my other self rebels and tries to do the exact opposite?

Pull out some old progress pics to help yourself refocus !