To the "Cool Kids"

Options

Replies

• AprilPayne24
    Options
    Being mean isn't cool. Being rude isn't cool. Being snarky isn't cool. Being a kiss *kitten* isn't cool.

I'd rather be kind and uncool anyday.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Oh, and totally agree with OP, though the term "cool kids" makes me feel like the fat kid in dodgeball.

i dont care at all about this thread but just wanted to say love love love your "you're a warrior" pic will you message it to me if you can
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I consider anyone with 2000+ posts part of the "cool kids" group?

But really, you are all helpful and usually very entertaining :drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Being mean isn't cool. Being rude isn't cool. Being snarky isn't cool. Being a kiss *kitten* isn't cool.

I'd rather be kind and uncool anyday.

Having a sense of humor and the ability to laugh at one's self, however, is pretty awesome.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I consider anyone with 2000+ posts part of the "cool kids" group?

But really, you are all helpful and usually very entertaining :drinker:
    Depending how long they've been here, they could just be part of the "needy" group.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I want to be a "cool kid". I know.....I'll start a thread about how awesome they are and how I admire them from afar. Then I'll post close-up pics of my muscles, so they'll think I'm awesome. Then I'll get some friend requests and I can be a "cool kid" too. Doh!......my life will be complete. :wink:

ding ding ding!
  • Waterbottlefiller
    Options
    Where I do I send my application?
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have been on here a long time <---- I come and go...I disappear completely during my peak months. However, I also dont post a lot. I have seen very little nastiness. Most of what is said is helpful or true opinion. A lot of humor (much needed) and a lot of support. Those trolls that start *kitten* are needed and wanted. They serve a purpose. They start people communicating and joking about stupid comments. Heck, my MIL takes the cake on rudeness and I get a kick out of her ALL the time. :) Keep laughing people, it burns calories! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    Oh, and totally agree with OP, though the term "cool kids" makes me feel like the fat kid in dodgeball.

LOL... this made me SO laugh!! I love it!!!

I also agree about the "Cool Kids" - they have given amazing advice and I read every word of it!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    OP - You just threw me into the twilight zone. o.o
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i have so much heart for this thread. the cool kids are sexy, awesome, fantastic beasts. i'm happy to say i've collected a few... i mean.. in a totally not creepy way... >_>
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree the info on here is great, and some of these people have answered the same questions hundreds of times, and still they continue to answer them. even when I send emails (sidesteel) with questions they have been answered, when they could just blow them off. These people have helped my lose 40 pounds, drop body fat, and re think nutrition all together. Before I met these people if you would have told me I could have 70 grams of fat a day and still lose body fat I would say your crazy. Thank You to everyone who posts on here to help others, You guys and girls have helped me a lot.
    Thanks
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have been on here a long time <---- I come and go...I disappear completely during my peak months. However, I also dont post a lot. I have seen very little nastiness. Most of what is said is helpful or true opinion. A lot of humor (much needed) and a lot of support. Those trolls that start *kitten* are needed and wanted. They serve a purpose. They start people communicating and joking about stupid comments. Heck, my MIL takes the cake on rudeness and I get a kick out of her ALL the time. :) Keep laughing people, it burns calories! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree. The "rudeness" on this site has nothing on RL...or my MIL for that matter! ;):laugh:
  • ValiCaly
    ValiCaly Posts: 111
    Options

I'm not sure where you get this. I'm thinking about the people I think are the cool kids here, and they are beasts that go after it. They have their down days and their struggles like the rest of us, but they get results. I'd name names, but then it would start to approach if not completely violate forum rules because people will feel left out that they weren't named as one of the cool kids. But suffice it to say, the people who get tired of explaining the same thing over and over again, of answering a question and then getting blasted that the answer wasn't the one that the OP had been looking for, that can get kind of snarky and that sometimes have some random inside jokes, those folks get it done. Just sayin.

Why do people think they have to answer something over and over?
    Why not just not respond instead of getting "snarky"?

THey respond over and over because it is posted over and over. And from what I see, the truly cool folks around here, answer it because occasionally people listen and learn and are appreciative. And they stay cool and don't get snarky with a hard edge until someone starts asking questions clearly for the purpose of baiting, or arguing back answers because it isn't the answer they wanted. As I see your several posts on this otherwise awesome thread, I'm thinking there might be an example of someone baiting and answering questions just for the purpose of being irritatingly dense. Of purposely driving slow in the fast lane.

In civil society we don't purposely irritate others. And if we did, and then turned around and played the victim, "I'm asking a question because it is important to me!!! I need support!!!" Well, in real life we'd be shunned for that behavior. But it happens here and suddenly its about all those meanies over there.

There's been some suggestion that it is like high school to talk about the "cool kids", but really the mentality of the whiney side is more pre-kindergarten. Teacher! That girl was mean to me after I called her bulky!

At least it took about 5 pages before this cool thread was inevitably ruined by douchebaggery.. That might be a record.

People can choose not to respond over and over just like in real life. Just as I could of chosen to not respond to your post but I am.

Where in "As for that fast lane goes I stay in it." did you see the words that say I drive slow is beyond me. Contrary to your misreading of my post, I do not drive slow in the fast lane. I am the fast driver who is irked about the slow driver who refuses to leave the fast lane but as a general rule I stay there, anyway, usually fairly close to the cars rear end. I was actually agreeing with the slow lane analogy. Now tell me who is baiting whom here?

This could be an awesome thread if it were not for the fact that there are many more with conflicting opinions about how "honesty" is expressed by the 'cool kids'. There is a way to be civil and then there is "snarky".

Not sure where you live but where I live it is perfecting OK to ask questions and ask for support.

And, yes, I see the "cool kids" as being equivalent to those who are still in school and have yet to learn to walk away from subject matter that annoys, irks, and even angers them when they resort to "snarky" responses. I see the ones who ask questions as being simply uninformed with some being more so than others. We all have our own starting point and capacity level for learning.
    As for the 'teachers' or 'advisors' here, just like in school, some teachers where fantastic and others....well....they should of went into another field of study for their career choice.

What I get here is that certain someones do not particularly care for me expressing myself based on what I am seeing on my side of the screen.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    so glad we have you here to police how people respond to questions over and over. So glad we have you here to respond and over quote over and over so everyone is precisely clear on what you think. And so glad we have you here to quote all the everything over and over.

this thread was started by someone who appreciated the folks that answer questions over and over and who are smart enough to sometimes be funny about it. Those folks answer over and over because they are helpful, kind, generous individuals who have learned a great deal while here and are willing to share.

They get snarky sometimes when people blast them with ridiculousness after they have attempted to help. The overquotes are making me feel that you are blasting the very people the OP was thanking. Pretty rude/uncool.

I get that you don't think whoever you think was identified as cool by the OP is actually cool. You've made that very clear. However, it is derailing this thread, which is uncool by the definitions lined out in the rules of the forums which we all agreed to read before posting and which are conveniently stickied above this thread. You want to talk about how much you dont like other members of this community and how they act and how you are much more better than them because you are soooo supportive, go make your own thread. this one was a thread about appreciation. Of your 110 posts, it seems like half of them might be on this thread in which you are attempting to clarify that no one should be thankful for the people the OP said thank you to. How is that supportive? You know what, don't answer that.

You want your opinion respected, yet you keep demanding it on a thread where you don't respect the opinion and gratitude expresed in the OP. I find that rich.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

Where in "As for that fast lane goes I stay in it." did you see the words that say I drive slow is beyond me. Contrary to your misreading of my post, I do not drive slow in the fast lane.

snark

And, yes, I see the "cool kids" as being equivalent to those who are still in school and have yet to learn to walk away from subject matter that annoys, irks, and even angers them when they resort to "snarky" responses.

pot...meet kettle...

What I get here is that certain someones do not particularly care for me expressing myself based on what I am seeing on my side of the screen.

again...pot...meet kettle...

plus this is the same argument people always like to throw out. They are "expressing" themselves so it's ok. Why is it not ok for a "cool kid" (which was only a term of endearment coined by the OP, so everyone that is having flashbacks to grade school can unclench already) to express themselves in a different manner than you may find acceptable to your obviously sensitive palette? If you have a right to express how you feel, so do they. They have a right to express frustration when people don't search for an answer before they ask the same thing that has already been covered, don't they?
  • ValiCaly
    ValiCaly Posts: 111
    Options
    People do not need to click or stay on a thread they know is going to irk their very last nerve. That is like going ahead and sticking a finger in fire even though it is known doing so is going to hurt like hell.

What amazes me are the people who have accused me of saying things I have not. This really makes me wonder WHY? I suppose I'm hitting close to or right on a nerve.

If you will take notice, I said, "And, yes, I see the "cool kids" as being equivalent to those who are still in school and have yet to learn to walk away from subject matter that annoys, irks, and even angers them when they resort to "snarky" responses." Pay attention to the last six words of that sentence instead of taking what I say and turning it into something I have not.

People who use exaggeration as their come back tactic do so only in an attempt to change the balance of favor to their side. Take notice to I said "attempt".
    There are now 12, count them, "cool kids" posts. Not 56 plus. You are exaggerating by saying over half of my 110 posts are in this thread.

I am not here to police anyone. Accusing me of that is just downright wrong. That is not why I'm here and why I am here has come to an end. If you happen to be one of the "cool kids" then policing is your job description when you go around being "snarky" to the newbies and uninformed simply because you don't like the content of their posts or the manner in which they post and behave.

At no time have I said I don't like members of the group, I'm neutral at this point because I don't know them to like or dislike them; it is the coordinated attacks on the newbies and less informed by a certain group of people who are connected with and get the green light from the higher-ups that I have cause for concern. Also, I have not said I am better than anyone nor am I wanting respect for my opinion (I don't need it). It is what it is.

One last thing before I go, I want to say that I found it amusing that Taso came forth, so readily, telling the Community how he will be "snarky" to people for "entertainment and boredom" reasons. That is so not for reasons of helping anyone but instead for pure and simple self serving enjoyment at someone else's expense.
    See at page 7 "Any combination of, but not limited to the following: entertainment, boredom, counteracting misinformation, giving a straight honest answer without "sugar-coating"."

Now, without any further ado I'm walking away from this matter and this site.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    ^Deactivated.

Remember what I said in the beginning, about putting down your baggage?

If you want to put walls up and be indignant and think you already know everything, well I don't even see why you'd use a forum in the first place. Allowing a disagreement with one person to cause you to pick up your ball and go home does not mean there's anything wrong with this site. It means people are overly sensitive, stressed, and looking for any reason to quit.

Sometimes the help you need doesn't come from someone saying, "It's alright honey, if someone was mean to you you go right ahead and quit." Sometimes it's someone saying you need to stop talking, listen, and never, ever give up.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I haven't had anyone say mean things to me. I must not be worth the cool kids time. how sad is that?