Starting Over...Again

Options

Replies

• kimberlybruzzese
    kimberlybruzzese Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too. I hate it and I am mad at myself for always gaining the weight back. I have lost the same 10-15 pounds to many times. I feel like I am harming myself. I am hoping that in 2018, I can lose the 15 pounds and KEEP IT OFF through 2019 and 2020. I keep going back to the same habits and once I start eating and drinking badly, I keep doing it over and over and it puts the pounds back. I am going to start logging my food again which is why I am here. I just joined two forums which I have never done. Hoping it helps.
  • anthonybraswell1
    anthonybraswell1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting over again.....for the millionth time. "this is the one". Too much riding on success this time. Here we go.....
  • criamora88
    criamora88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm in the same boat. I need the support as well. Looking forward to continuing the journey.
  • melissamohr
    melissamohr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I was 206 lost 40 lbs....I gain back all but 5lbs. I am wanting to feel healthy again... I encourage to stay strong and one day at a time and together we can loose this weight. Happy 2018.
  • christy46901
    christy46901 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! About 3 years ago, I lost 30 lbs. using My Fitness Pal and felt great! Over the past 3 years I have gained it all back and feel miserable in my body. I need some motivation to workout again and to eat healthy. Planning a Spring Break trip this year with extended family and don't want to be embarrassed in my swimsuit.

Feel free to add me and maybe we can motivate each other to be successful!!!
  • BrenMathers
    BrenMathers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am starting over as well for I can’t even remember how many times. Please all feel free to add me as I would like to have some support friends for this journey.
  • kimberlybruzzese
    Options
    I joined a boot camp at my gym beginning the week of the 15th - can't wait. I have done BC before and had success but as I said earlier, I put the weight back. 2018 is going to be the year that I keep it off. I need motivation to eat badly up until it starts. I need a head start and am having trouble with willpower already.
  • njroxanne77
    njroxanne77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My life story. I guess I’m hoping 2018 is different. I lost 30 in 2017 but gained 15 pounds back. All my friends and family notice the extra pounds and I don’t feel as confident.
  • mmull3062
    mmull3062 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The story of my life. Every time I get down about 20lbs life happens. Vacation, holidays, cookout, etc always get me. I always indulge myself and it throws me off track. Hopefully, this time I can push past that I make some of my goals realities. Add me and we can push and motivate one another.
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Looks like I've found the right place. I just got the courage to weigh myself and I've gained back the five pounds I lost before the holidays. Time for accountability!
  • tensquaredlives
    tensquaredlives Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am always starting over on everything in life. I 've just come to accept that it's part of the journey and not beat myself up about it. It's the fact that you get back up on the horse that matters most. I could use some "accountibilibuddies" so feel free to add me.

Ten
  • kimberlybruzzese
    Options
    I joined a boot camp at my gym beginning the week of the 15th - can't wait. I have done BC before and had success but as I said earlier, I put the weight back. 2018 is going to be the year that I keep it off. I need motivation to eat badly up until it starts. I need a head start and am having trouble with willpower already.

I meant to say that I need motivation to NOT eat badly up until it starts. !!
  • ashleyg960
    ashleyg960 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started AGAIN too!! Add me!! I need MFP active friends too.
  • Riqtoe
    Riqtoe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation from you all! Since December I have been eating chocolate every day and my sugar cravings are so hard to get rid of. I cut back from working out 5 days a week to 3 but going back to 5 to try to help get my butt in gear. Working out is my happy hour at 5:30AM but must clean up my diet! Alcohol as been another item I have taken to for the past three months. I have about 5 drinks a week BUT will put my self in DETOX for awhile to stop these sugar cravings. I look forward to getting motivated and watching you all do the same!
  • kimberlybruzzese
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of or completed the Whole 30 program?
  • CallMeRu
    CallMeRu Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Heard of it. I personally am against diets with names or time limits. What happens on day 31? You know what I mean?

I think it is best to eat healthy foods before junk, count calories and be active. Something you can do forever, not just to lose the weight.
  • kimberlybruzzese
    Options
    CallMeRu wrote: »

Heard of it. I personally am against diets with names or time limits. What happens on day 31? You know what I mean?

I think it is best to eat healthy foods before junk, count calories and be active. Something you can do forever, not just to lose the weight.

You are correct about Day 31. I have been there. The program actually has a 10 day reintroduction of the food groups that you had eliminated but I blew it big time. :( I need to kick my *kitten* and close my mouth.
  • CallMeRu
    CallMeRu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    CallMeRu wrote: »

You are correct about Day 31. I have been there. The program actually has a 10 day reintroduction of the food groups that you had eliminated but I blew it big time. :( I need to kick my *kitten* and close my mouth.

Honestly, I look at and daydream about a lot of these fad diets because they take away so much of the question "what should I eat?" and promise fast and easy results. It's so temptin, but not sustainable.
  • twinmombb
    twinmombb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, Starting over today or restarting. I platued and got stuck, then discouraged, then the holidays happen and well here I am,, one thing after another for an excuse. Changing simple things to get back on track. Feel free to add me.
    Good luck! :)
  • I_Pedal_4_Pleasure1
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...slacked off, ate what ever I wanted, exercised less, put weight back on. Time to get serious again! Add me friends!