Keto diet who's doing it!!

Options
Hello friends!! Today is the first day of my keto journey and I'm just seeing who all else is doing the keto. and who all loves it who all hates it. what's your loss? and what keeps you going?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I hate it. life is too short to not have a glass of wine or bananas or insert nice food here.

I just eat any foods I like but fit them in my calories.
  • ketofire51
    ketofire51 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Love it! BUT, I am willing to sacrifice many foods that I like or are triggers so that I can achieve my goals. I have lost 46 lbs since August, have gotten off T2 diabetic meds, lowered my LDL and triglycerides, and feel much better! I have also been Intermittent Fasting for those health benefits as well. For more info www.dietdoctor.com
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    There’s a search function where you can look for the hundreds of posts and groups that already exist about keto before posting a new thread. Your question is vague enough that you’ll get more answers by looking through all of those.

IMO keto is a waste of time and is not a sustainable way to eat for any length of time.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    ketofire51 wrote: »
    Love it! BUT, I am willing to sacrifice many foods that I like or are triggers so that I can achieve my goals. I have lost 46 lbs since August, have gotten off T2 diabetic meds, lowered my LDL and triglycerides, and feel much better! I have also been Intermittent Fasting for those health benefits as well. For more info www.dietdoctor.com

You can achieve your goals without keto.
  • ldjj1295
    ldjj1295 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m starting up again! I got off track over the holidays. Need to get back!!! This time around I’m creating a meal planner. Any good recipes anyone wants to share?
  • sbryanthc
    sbryanthc Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Eating fat keeps me full for much longer than just watching my calories. I’ve tried cutting calories and I am always hungry. With keto I rarely get hungry.
    Keto works for some and not for others.
    Will I do this diet forever? Probably not. But it has shown me faster results than any other diet I’ve tried and that’s all I care about. I’m awesome at maintaining my weight eating what I want. But I need to diet if I want to lose weight.
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options

But what if keto makes it easier to achieve your goals?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

Then that is great, as long as you realise it is a WOE.

It holds no magic that makes you lose extra weight.

• Scarlettknits
    Scarlettknits Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like it- it's the easiest way I have found to lose the weight and then I can add in foods til I find my "carb threshhold" for maintenance. Keto eliminates my trigger foods so I find it much easier to stick with
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

Then that is great, as long as you realise it is a WOE.

It holds no magic that makes you lose extra weight.

Every single way of eating is a WOE, even if there is not a specific name for it.

Many keto'ers in these groups:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

There is a lot of knowledge and support in both groups. Good luck.