Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    @MaryBethHempel thanks for your kind words above.
    Bravo to you! Despite temptation of your hubby drinking , you didn't budge from your resolve. Freedom is a perfect word. In fact, instead of writing any resolutions the year I chose one word to sum up my goals- it is FREEDOM. What a coincidence you used that word today in your post. I want to be free from addiction , people pleasing and so much more. Xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    edited January 2018
    Options
    https://youtu.be/1SwPEe0a-bY

For anyone who needs some motivation today, this guy says some sound truths. It's 18 minutes long, but it may be good to listen to while you exercise. It's more for someone who wants to quit, rather than someone who is moderating.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Losing weight so much easier....

It really is
  • ccdillavou
    ccdillavou Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a motivating book title, website, or YouTube videos that inspire them?

Yes!! Read "This Naked Mind" by Annie Grace... it's all about controlling alcohol intake. SO good and motivational!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    ccdillavou wrote: »
    Does anyone have a motivating book title, website, or YouTube videos that inspire them?

Yes!! Read "This Naked Mind" by Annie Grace... it's all about controlling alcohol intake. SO good and motivational!

Thank you so much! I have started it and it is truly eye opening! Thanks for sharing !
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @MaryBethHempel, I am so impressed! I don't think I could avoid drinking wine if my husband were drinking two bottles right next to me. My own husband, the bourbon drinker, stopped drinking on Jan. 2 just because he saw me abstaining. That has helped but made me a bit jealous because he does not seem to be struggling with it as I am. He is a heavy drinker when he drinks, but apparently he can take it or leave it pretty effortlessly. Are you getting any insights about your own drinking as you observe someone right next to you drinking heavily? Again, I'm amazed that you are being so successful in that situation. Congratulations!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    It’s day 6 for me. I’ve finished most of my cleaning and I worked out earlier. It’s 2 pm and I’m trying to decide what to do. I’m not only doing dry January, I’m also getting my diet back on track. That means I also can’t be snacky all afternoon, lol. I think I’m going to make some coffee right now and find a good movie to watch since my son doesn’t want to play a game with me. Hope everyone else is having a good day!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is the chosen movie!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Does anyone have a non-alcohol related goal this week? Mine is to journal one sentence every day. Not hard to do.
    Another is to go to a yoga class. And finally, the last is not to eat any chocolate or other treats.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a non-alcohol related goal this week? Mine is to journal one sentence every day. Not hard to do.
    Another is to go to a yoga class. And finally, the last is not to eat any chocolate or other treats.
    I’m doing a very intense 30 day fitness challenge through the exercise app Aaptiv - my whole body hurts lol!

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options

My goal is to go to the gym 3 times and do yoga 2 times. That’s actually my weekly goal going forward along with keeping track of my diet with MFP and keeping alcohol to one day a week
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I've been exercising consistently all my life, but for the remainder of January I've set up a schedule of specific workouts I want to do each morning. This rotation is pretty challenging and ambitious and the only way I can do it is if I don't have any wine the night before. I started with this schedule this morning and I am psyched to continue!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Went to a bday yesterday. Immediately I was bullied into having a glass of wine. I declined. But i did have small glass of Sangria and one shot of Titos for the bday guy. I am proud of the fact I stopped at that and just had water for the rest of the night. That is a big step for me!!!

Great job! You did well!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is the chosen movie!

If I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep, I can always count on Smithsonian channel to have Aerial America on. It's a wonderful show, but not if you've seen EVERY EPISODE at least 50 times. Sadly, Smithsonian channel is not what it once was and the reruns are out of control. Helps me sleep though! :)