Replies

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Welcome,
    1-didnt late night binge o:) though i was over by 35 cals
    1-complete day 2 of 30DS
    Way to go with controlling the binging! :) 35 into the red is awesome.
    May I ask what 30DS is?
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    jkhoffer wrote: »
    nanakaryn wrote: »
    Love this thread. Your goals inspire me. I am keeping my mine short and will add more and I go along and conquer each one. First on the list is cutting out the sugar. Huge for me as I swear I am addicted to candy and cookies.

I'm a sugar addict too and the holidays really messed me up. In a way, it's good that I ate my way through Nov and Dec, because that led me to MFP and developing healthier habits. Since starting last Tues, I've really cut back on sugar and I feel MUCH better. However, it's tough dealing with cravings. Sugar is the devil.

Sugar...sigh.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    I have to be missing something, 976 calories for the day? Might need to eat some nuts for dessert.

Found it! Didn't eat my usual breakfast.
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    DRBuchholz wrote: »
    Hi I'm Debbie. Trying to lose 20-30 lbs.
    JFT 1/7
    Yoga
  • DRBuchholz
    Options
    Today's update and tomorrow's goals

JFT 1/7
    Yoga
  • DRBuchholz
    Options
    What am I doing wrong? It only shows a couple of lines of my posts.
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    @joan6630 Day of rest hey?
  • bcTRAI
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @DRBuchholz often if you type in a smiley MFP cuts the post off. If that's what's happening and you want to insert a smiley, or what have you, use the pull down menu in the app/program and you should be fine. :)
    Hope that helps.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Okay so this is TOTALLY off topic but I’m at a bit of a loose end!

My eldest has chicken pox. I have calamine lotion.
    She is point blank refusing to have any put on to the point where she is hysterical. She doesn’t even like me looking at her tummy or back to check them. She won’t actually let me without a major meltdown.
    It’s just took me 20 minutes to do about 15 spots on her face and that was with the promise of chocolate and she was defiant throughout. I had to take it one spot at a time but I can’t do that on her whole body.

So any tips? Ideas? Help? To get her to show me and let me put it on her? I’ve tried talking to her but she can’t tell me why she doesn’t like it.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

JFT Sunday
    • Log all food eaten
    • 64 oz water
    • 10K steps
    • Meet with daughter for financial planning lesson we are making this a weekly event
    • Create encumbrance adj for Nov Financial Statements - worked on it - not done yet
    • Start clearing the desk at old job. (6 official days left) Yep, started. Can accumulate a lot of junk in 13 years

Oooh! I DO like crossing things off. <3:)

JFT Monday
    • Log all food
    • 5 fruit/veggie
    • 64 oz water & log it
    • NO Chocolate today
    • 10K Steps
    • Finish encumbrance adjustment for Mo
    • Train payroll staff on leave accrual

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.
    – Jim Rohn

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

She is point blank refusing to have any put on to the point where she is hysterical. She doesn’t even like me looking at her tummy or back to check them. She won’t actually let me without a major meltdown.
    It’s just took me 20 minutes to do about 15 spots on her face and that was with the promise of chocolate and she was defiant throughout. I had to take it one spot at a time but I can’t do that on her whole body.

So any tips? Ideas? Help? To get her to show me and let me put it on her? I’ve tried talking to her but she can’t tell me why she doesn’t like it.

Can you let her put it on and make a game of it? If it is the pink lotion and not the clear maybe see how well she can cover up the spots as the lotion dries. Count the number covered and the number uncovered - see how you can make the count change. ???
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Have you done the oatmeal bath thing?? at least you would get a look even if you wont let you put the calamine on afterwards and it might have soothing effects. Good Luck!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    penko47 wrote: »

Have you done the oatmeal bath thing?? at least you would get a look even if you wont let you put the calamine on afterwards and it might have soothing effects. Good Luck!

What’s the oatmeal bath thing? What do I do? X
  • penko47
    Options
    "Warm baths blended with 2 cups ground oatmeal such as Aveeno Oatmeal Bath (they sell this at the grocery store in the US) or home-ground oatmeal can help reduce itching in children with chicken pox. Adding one half to one cup of baking soda to a warm bath may also put a halt to itching."
  • penko47
    Options
    I actually love oatmeal baths and find them soothing even as an adult without chicken pox ;)