SAHMU Team BLACK (closed group)

Options

Replies

• katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well ihad a "slump" day on both weds and thurs... but i will admit friday i got on things and did a double insanity workout! So proud!!! :)

Two friends are coming up today and we are gonna do it together, im excited about that... i havent seen them in a while so im glad we can put our workout into hanging out too :)

Wheres everyone from?
    Im from PA
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Im doing great, had 2 days in a row of a little weight loss! This "machine" is going to the water park with my family today SO hopefully I will get in lots of walking and swimming to burn a little. And being out in the heat I will for sure get my 64oz. of water in!

Katelyn so glad you were able to get over your slump, I was in one too and it feels pretty dang good to have gotten out of it and start losing again! Hope you have fun with your friends today! And hope everyone else has an amazing weekend!

OH, Im from TX.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm doing better now. I also had a slump of sorts for the past two days! I wasn't feeling so well and I kinda just lost track of adding my food in here - bad idea! But oddly enough today I decided to go do some shopping and errands that i had been putting off and it pulled me out of the slump! It wasn't the best weekend to decide to go do these things because i love in New Mexico, and this weekend is a tax-free weekend, so everyone and their brother was out today! What pulled me out of my slump was actually being in a mall for the first time in a long time! I forgot how many skinny mini's run around there, and how many clothing stores I wish I could shop at! Actually, being at the mall itself was a bit of a workout! So now I'm focused and going to get back to business!

Katelyn,- I think it is a great idea to turn you visiting time into workout time! I have seen a few people turn their "happy hour" into time at the gym instead of at the bars! Hope you ladies have a blast this evening!

Ashley- I'm sure you will be getting some good calories burned at the water park! I'm so wicked jealous ... they closed down ours many years ago and it's wicked hot here!

Well ladies you enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'm going to go relax for a bit before I get to my workout!

P.S.
    When did trash cans become so expensive? I wanted to go get a stainless steal one and they were like $50!?!?!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Had a blast at the water park today, burned a ton of calories and that was only an estimated amount of time spent walking around and swimming. Drank plenty of water so that helps for the challenges, I'll get back on my normal workout routine tomorrow. Glad to hear that we've all come out of our slumps and are back on the happy side of things!! Hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Sarah- Isnt everything super expensive nowadays?? LOL!
  • katelyn002
    Options
    How was the weekend for you all!?
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    hey guys...im back from weekend. I had blast!. Friday i did workout and lunges and crunches before leave to be out of town.my legs were sore!..Anyway, saturaday, I been walking all day to look around the car show..sooo FUN!. I must drink 3 gallon of water that day cus it was super HOT day!. sunday, didnt workout cus I been driving all day..it was very tiring day. now Im back to workout again and eat healthy food!! Im exciting!. hows everyone doing? Im trying find new repices...hmmmm.
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Did my normal workout today, even though i feel like Im catching a cold and not feeling so great today. Still tired and exhausted from this weekend but have to stay on the workouts. Weighed myself yesterday and even though I was way under my calorie count and worked out so hard last week and this weekend I gained 3 lbs. As of today I've lost 2 of that so IDK whats really going on. Hopefully I can have some kind of loss by wednesday that would be wonderful! Happy Monday everyone!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I'm doing well today better than well! I wanted to do something today that was out of my comfort zone, but that I avoid because i usually am too self conscious ... so .. I went to the swimming pool, participated in a water aerobics class, and spent several hours doing laps! I really enjoyed it and the funny thing was I didn't get self-conscious once! I think it was because I already dealt with it and decided to just do it before I even started driving. So, I'm going to try to go a few times a week because I really enjoyed it! And, if the MFP calorie counter is correct ..I burned almost 5,000 calories! When I put in the actual mins. it seemed so high, and it was even on a light/moderate pace ... so I didn't even add the aerobics class in. Accurate or not it's nice to look at in my MFP post! LOL

Ashley- I'm right there with you actually! I sneaked a peak this weekend and saw that I gained 5lbs! This is the second time this has happened and I have no idea why?! So, I end up having to burn those and still try to be lower than the week before. It's driving me bonkers and really frustrated me! I really hope I can show some kind of loss by Wednesday - I feel like this is a war!!!

Kristy = It sounds like you had a pretty busy weekend, but tons of fun. Let us know if you find any good recipes I always get bored with food and it's hard to find healthy, filling, and tasty!

Katelyn- How are you doing? Did you have a good "bff workout" the other night?
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    So here's my last part of the challenge, it's taken a while but here goes nothing!

Sarah-I think its great that you have decided to start living your dreams! As a mom we all know how hard it is to put ourselves first, but sometimes its got to be done. So happy for you that you made the decision to start getting healthier for yourself.

Katelyn-Im right there with you on wanting to be healthy enough to run with your kids, thats one of my main goals as well. It says alot about you as a mom that you want to be healthy for them, and that you wanna look good! I think we all agree on that one!

Kristy- Its a pretty powerful thing that you realized you werent loving yourself. I think in order to give love, we must feel loved first and that has to start with you! I think its wonderful that you are getting healthy and loving yourself again!

Keonia-I cant even imagine how hard it must be to be a military wife, it takes a strong person to do that and take care of your 4 kids AND try to balance working out and being healthy! My brother is in the Army and im a nervous wreck when he's on deployment, so I dont know how you do it!

All 4 of you are beautiful, powerful, strong women and awesome mommies! I'm so proud to be a part of this group with you all!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Hmmmm do I really wanna follow after Ashley?! That was super sweet!

Ashley, I love that like all of us our families are at the heart of our goals and dreams.
    Like you I realized that the best way I can help others is by first being able to learn to be
    "selfish" and help myself. You seem to have such a beautiful balance and perspective on life.
    You are so caring, focused, and organized! Your family is so lucky to have you at their center!

Kristy, I absolutely love your energy and joy you put in everything you do. I'm think you are
    so strong and I'm glad that you have decided to empower yourself during these difficult times
    instead of eating every emotion! You are a great mother and a fabulous sister! I hope you find
    your way back to love. ♥

Katelyn, I love your focus, drive, and consistency! I truly see that you are well on your way
    to getting the great new confidence your desire! And, I'm sure there is more to know about you
    and I look forward to finding out more as you continue your journey here on MFP!

Keonoa, I am so inspired by your drive and compassion for others! It takes a very special person
    to be able to be a person who constantly gives! The ability to be a military wife, student, mom of 4 kids, and your own
    person takes a lot of strength and character.

I'm so blessed to be on this team with each of you! In truth you all inspire me to be a better person and to
    continue to dream and strive for the life I want. It takes a lot of courage to start a weight loss journey
    when you have so many other commitments in your lives. But, at the end of the day we must take care of ourselves, be
    full as individuals, so that we may give and give ourselves to all those that needs us. The world would truly be a better
    place if more of our families had such devoted and loving mothers like you all. You are all so deserving of all
    the good things this life has to offer. May God continue to bless each of you and your loved ones.
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I'm doing well today better than well! I wanted to do something today that was out of my comfort zone, but that I avoid because i usually am too self conscious ... so .. I went to the swimming pool, participated in a water aerobics class, and spent several hours doing laps! I really enjoyed it and the funny thing was I didn't get self-conscious once! I think it was because I already dealt with it and decided to just do it before I even started driving. So, I'm going to try to go a few times a week because I really enjoyed it! And, if the MFP calorie counter is correct ..I burned almost 5,000 calories! When I put in the actual mins. it seemed so high, and it was even on a light/moderate pace ... so I didn't even add the aerobics class in. Accurate or not it's nice to look at in my MFP post! LOL

Ashley- I'm right there with you actually! I sneaked a peak this weekend and saw that I gained 5lbs! This is the second time this has happened and I have no idea why?! So, I end up having to burn those and still try to be lower than the week before. It's driving me bonkers and really frustrated me! I really hope I can show some kind of loss by Wednesday - I feel like this is a war!!!

Kristy = It sounds like you had a pretty busy weekend, but tons of fun. Let us know if you find any good recipes I always get bored with food and it's hard to find healthy, filling, and tasty!

Katelyn- How are you doing? Did you have a good "bff workout" the other night?

Hi

Yeah I have recipe, does anyone like salsa?? I love salsa in summer time!...im crazy about salsa!
    this is my favortie...
    its called

Mango Salsa w/ blue corn chips

1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
    1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
    1 Jalapeño chile, minced (include ribs and seeds for a hotter taste if desired)
    1 small cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
    3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
    3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
    u can add one can of tomato diced (drian the jucie out)...or not.

Mixed them all together in the bowl!
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Garlic salt to make extra flavor!...
    I always make double this cus everyone loves it!!
    \ Hope everyone like it!!

I did the lunges..its killing me!!! but gotta love it!
    crunches..whoop whoop~!
    gallon of water everyday!..
    workout 45 mins everyday!
    expect sunday!..:(
    went to doctor today and had my weight check..its 185lb...whoop whoop!...
    hows everyone? seem everyone is doing really well! GOOD JOB BLACK TEAM!! lets go!!
  • katelyn002
    Options
    well here i go

Starting Weight on 7/20 - 211.8
    Week 1 on 7/27 - 211
    Week 2 on 8/3 - 212.2
    Week 3 on 8/10 - 211.7

Well im back to my starting weight!

and FYI thanks to all of you for being so supportive!!
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    Starting weight-187lb
    Week 1 8/3-190lb
    Week2 8/10-185lb
    Gw1-160
    Gw2-145
    Gw3-130 by my bday
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Morning ladies!

This is the halfway point of our 60 Day Challenge!! I can't believe it went so fast.

Thank you all for posting your weigh-in's .... don't forget each week we also need to know your points! I haven't done my weigh-in yet but here is this upcoming weeks challenge. Lets try really hard to get everyone on board this week! If you all could find the recipe by Monday that would be awesome!

Cardio:
    Your Normal Routine x3 days
    Dance!!! Dance with your kids, your Husband or by yourself. Have fun with it! x1 day
    Try something New! - be it take a class somewhere, try a new workout video, give running a shot, etc. etc x 1 day

Strength:
    Step ups x 3 min a day x 4 days (How many can you do in 3 min?)
    Different Heights Work Different Muscles
    A basic height step works the hips and thighs. A higher step works the hamstrings harder, while a lower step targets the quadriceps. However, the basic height for a step obviously differs from person to person, depending on the person's height. To set a step to work your leg muscles to the max, you want to be able to easily place your leading foot flat on the step. When you bend the leading leg at the knee so that your thigh is parallel to the ground, the foot of your other leg should be able to touch the ground while still keeping the heel elevated. Basically, your step up should not be higher than your knee when you stand in front of it.

Food Challenge: Desert Recipe (Yummy!!)
    Each person submit a recipe to your Team Thread then Teams submit ONE Desert recipe to the main thread that you all agree could win by Monday.
    Tuesday we will take a vote and there will be a winner by Wednesday and I will post that point along with the weight loss point.

Relaxation Challenge:
    Do something for yourself this week that has nothing to do with food. Take a bubble bath or read a book or give yourself a manicure. Almost like a congratulations for the hard work we have put in.

Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.

A special thanks to MichelleLydia,Purplefly,sisa2324,Jwlzboatie, and Lovenevrnds. You all made this challenge this week! You are awesome!
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    Ookay guys. I don't know how to do points. I did workout four days. I did post recpies. I didn't post of teams who I think of team..OOOPS! Sorry! Water- I did drinks alots of gallons!! So how I do this?
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    SW: 355 ?
    Lasr week: 342.4
    Current: 335.2

I seriously can't remember the other weeks weigh-in's!
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Hope you are having a good day. My sister (Karie) and I went and did her normal workout today and it killed me!!! I completed my step ups today! Yay!!
    I hope you all are working out hard and making healthy choices!

Kristy
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    SW: 355 ?
    Lasr week: 342.4
    Current: 335.2

I seriously can't remember the other weeks weigh-in's!

Great Job!!!!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    And Im back in the game!!! So glad my internet is back up, I've felt so lost!

So here's my weigh in for yesterday!

Starting Weight on 7/20 - 256
    Week 1 on 7/27 - 252.4
    Week 2 on 8/3 - 252.4
    Week 3 on 8/10 - 249.3

IDK if everyone has posted pointes yet but I got all 6 points! So proud of everyones progress! Great job Team Black!!
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    DESSERT RECIPE!!!!!!

Coconut Macaroons
    Always a favorite and very low in fat!!!

Servings: About 48 Cookies
    Serving Size: 1 Cookie

• 3 egg whites
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    • 1 cup shredded coconut
    • 2 tablespoons nonfat condensed milk

In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they are stiff. Add the sugar and lemon juice and beat until blended. Stir in the coconut and milk. Spoon the dough by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets lightly sprayed with cooking oil. Let the dough stand several hour to dry out. Bake the macaroons at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes 48 cookies.

Per Serving: 140 Calories
    1g Fat
    6g Protein
    26g Carbohydrate
    0mg Cholesterol
    130mg Sodium
    65 mg Calcium

I LOVE COOKIES!!!
    Hope you all like it..