Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Listened to the meditation app last night for sleep. It made me fell asleep but the schmuck kept talking and woke me again. I need an assistant to turn it off
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Listened to the meditation app last night for sleep. It made me fell asleep but the schmuck kept talking and woke me again. I need an assistant to turn it off

Can you set a timer?
  • NormInv
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »

Can you set a timer?

It was only 22 minutes long and was great actually. I'll look for a 10 minute one
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @norminv, I'm using the app to help me sleep, but now I'll forever hear the word "schmuck" when the guidance person starts talking. That's hilarious! Happy Day 9 everyone!
  • NormInv
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    @norminv, I'm using the app to help me sleep, but now I'll forever hear the word "schmuck" when the guidance person starts talking. That's hilarious! Happy Day 9 everyone!
    Sowwy
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    @becky3695 Every morning, we get a fresh start!! Good luck! You can do it!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969-I know what you mean about not wanting to break "the streak". Once you put the effort in to get past the first obstacle, you don't want to fail or the effort feel wasted.
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So glad to see all the success in this thread! I haven't been here since last Friday, which coincidentally, was my first fully sober day. :) Yesterday was as well. I feel like having stuff to do when I get home from work helps me not think about having wine! I haven't weighed myself in a few days so I don't know if that's been affected. I did start The Naked Mind... It's good so far. It's definitely not "light" reading, and I may need to read it twice. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the thing I appreciate most about skipping wine for a day is the sleep I get - heavenly! And I wake up feeling great! I love that.
  • winecountrygirl
    winecountrygirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am attempting the no drinking Sun-Thursday rule and keeping Friday and Saturday to 2 drinks. Sparkling water or Kombucha is a good substitute during the week, I even put it in a wine glass or martini glass sometimes.
  • mmccool719
    mmccool719 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A couple of you mentioned boredom and I think it’s so true. I drink out of sheer boredom when I get home from work.....Pour a glass of wine, sit on my butt and surf the computer or watch TV. I think I need to find tasks/activities to stay busy -at least for the 6 minute wave that the cravings last for!!. As the saying goes.....Idle minds do devil’s work!
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Had a chance today to listen to an hour conversation on NPR today about drinking and what is considered norm versus too much. Quite interesting.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Enjoying a little wine tonight. Only a little.