Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a non-alcohol related goal this week? Mine is to journal one sentence every day. Not hard to do.
    Another is to go to a yoga class. And finally, the last is not to eat any chocolate or other treats.

I plan on working out everyday, I am walking on the treadmill and I have started lifting weights for my arms. Also get in my 8 glasses of water a day.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Lol, stripping the wallpaper in the up bath and continuing to patch defects in a room. Aside from that, 20 min. on the tread each day and drinking all my water each day. Oh and get back to brushing the cat.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I have heard that the light from the tv, cell phones and computer too much during the day and/or too close to bed can disrupt sleep. Also eating less than 4 hours prior to sleep.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    This board is just what I need. I seem to struggle with moderation
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    90Finisher wrote: »
    Sober since Jan 1st 2010, if I can do it anyone can do it.

Amazing! Thank you!

• SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What is the “woo” emoji? Is it good or bad?
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I thought it was good but now I question...is it sarcastic??!! :-)
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

It’s supposed to be a sarcastic woo like dumb diets and ideas that have no basis in science are considered “woo”. But a lot of people think it means “woohoo”, sooo....
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options

It’s supposed to be a sarcastic woo like dumb diets and ideas that have no basis in science are considered “woo”. But a lot of people think it means “woohoo”, sooo....

I thought it meant "wow. Wonderful . Woo hoo". Ooops
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I thought it was woohoo too but then the image looks like it’s rolling its eyes
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I also thought it was a cheer for the poster.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    I have heard that the light from the tv, cell phones and computer too much during the day and/or too close to bed can disrupt sleep. Also eating less than 4 hours prior to sleep.

this is an example of woo.
  • fatal_degree
    fatal_degree Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is a hard one for me. Drinking is part of by job, I work at a boutique wine & craft beer shop. We don't offer sampling, but several times a week sales reps come in with multiple samples. Those days I have to skip breakfast & lunch just to stay on target.

Normally I can polish off a whole bottle of wine a night. Comfortably, without sleep problems or headaches I stick to 450 ml a day or less.

This doesn't even address the high gravity/calorie beers that I am supposed to be familiar with. I have to buy those to sample myself and if I pay $15 for a 12oz barrel aged beer, I am not swishing & spitting or pouring it down the drain.
  • fatal_degree
    Options
    7:30pm is my "happy hour" hard time. I try to drink a 12oz unsweetened soda water between every serving of alcohol. Or tea. Set the glass down far enough away that I have to move the angry cat off my lap to reach it again.
  • fatal_degree
    Options
    mmccool719 wrote: »
    Dry January a wet one for me so far. Polished off a bottle of wine while talking on the phone for 2 hours last night. I just kept pouring my glass (I don’t stop at one, ever).

I have that same problem. Especially if the bottle is immediately at hand.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    mmccool719 wrote: »
    Ok, trying again. My last post only partially showed up. Weird.......Dry January a wet one for me so far. Polished off a bottle of wine while talking on the phone for 2 hours last night. I just kept pouring my glass (I don’t stop at one, ever). I felt like poo poo this morning, headache, dry mouth, brain fog - trust me you all aren’t missing anything!!! This week I plan to stay dry. I’ve been loosely Keto eating and I’ve lost a little weight. So I’ll keep eating Keto!! Anyway, love reading your posts. Proud of all you!

You made me smile when you said "trust me you all arent missing anything." This is a new week! You can do it:)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Alcohol is a hard one for me. Drinking is part of by job, I work at a boutique wine & craft beer shop. We don't offer sampling, but several times a week sales reps come in with multiple samples. Those days I have to skip breakfast & lunch just to stay on target.

Normally I can polish off a whole bottle of wine a night. Comfortably, without sleep problems or headaches I stick to 450 ml a day or less.

This doesn't even address the high gravity/calorie beers that I am supposed to be familiar with. I have to buy those to sample myself and if I pay $15 for a 12oz barrel aged beer, I am not swishing & spitting or pouring it down the drain.

I can't imagine how tough it would be for you to abstain. It's part of your livelihood.