Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    @JulieAL1969 I can truly relate to you when you said no mood swings!! I noticed that I had really bad mood swings and I was constantly snapping at my husband like I had no patience. I thought it was because i was in perimenopause. After I stop drinking I noticed that I am much more patient and little to no mood swings.

My mood is so much more stable. Like you I would snap at my husband or kids, and then I'd feel bad. But I knew why I was snapping and moody. I bet they did too:(
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Day 10 and feeling good. Another good night of sleep. Oddly my anxiety has been ramping up the last few days. But not using wine to cope is a big win. I’m enjoying reading about people’s victories, realizations and thoughts every day. My husband who is not doing Dry January has definitely taken his craft beer drinking down a notch since I’ve been “dry” and he said he notices a difference in how he feels.
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Hi, everyone! I had my last drink on January 7th...so I am only four days in but I would love to join you guys. I am doing this for several reasons. I blame my drinking of lots of wine over the years for packing on 30 lbs. Well, I though it was only 30 lbs but when I got on the scale yesterday I realized it was actually 38 :(

I started buying boxed wine about a year ago because it was more cost effective but it took a huge toll on my health because i started just drinking whenever I felt like without measuring... and you cant really look inside the box to see how much you've had either.

Already, I feel better and I feel like I am sleeping better. I also saw a 2 lb drop on the scale this morning so I am happy. I did notice that last night I had some CRAZY dreams..not really nightmares but some pretty intense stuff and I feel like I never have dreams so I am thinking it could be a light withdrawal symptom.

Anyways, I will keep following this thread to help look for inspiration when times get tough!

Welcome and good for you! Everyone here has made a conscious decision on how to make this challenge work for them. Some of us want to get on a more sustainable moderation track and others want to simply make an effort to quit (short term or long term).

Jump on in and good luck!
  • slimbyjune18
    slimbyjune18 Posts: 101 Member
    Day 10 for me. I am definitely feeling the benefit and not getting a craving between 6pm -8pm. I intend to stay dry this weekend and into next week, before probably having the odd glass next weekend. My half marathon is mid-March so I will be dry again from early Feb until the race.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Day ten for me! I'm a little upset because my knee is bothering me right as I'm about to get more in to my work outs (it's an old injury). I had my first "not totally happy all day" day today so I guess tonight will be a good test. I am thinking about getting back in to yoga a bit though so if I find myself with down time tonight I might do that instead of walking like I've been doing. Friday night will be easy since my son has his Pinewood Derby and the cub scouts do not have alcohol at events, obviously, lol. Then the long weekend ahead. I'm hoping my knee doesn't get worse and get my down. I did so great last weekend so maybe it'll be fine.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Also, I’m using the Dry January app and it says that I’ve saved $54 dollars so far this month - yay!

That is a cool app. Think I might use that.