Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• krushal8880
    krushal8880 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the no Alcohol for January and I'm thinking about stopping until I lose my last 17 lbs. Thanks for sharing your story. :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    justlog wrote: »
    Had a chance today to listen to an hour conversation on NPR today about drinking and what is considered norm versus too much. Quite interesting.

What was the consensus?
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I used to get real sleepy in the afternoons at work and at home over weekends. But not for a couple weeks now since I quit. I believe that this was being caused by a drop in testosterone....alcohol kills testosterone....now I have more energy and wanna bang all the hot chicks
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Lol @ bang all the hot chicks.

Day 8 done!! And I got new running shoes and signed up for fitness blender! I’m loving 2018!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    *Sorry double post
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,170 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    My fear at work happened this morning - but i handled it better than i used to.
    There were 8 beers to sample and its usually a 3-4oz pour. So almost 3 beers when i think about it.

I can’t say i was perfect - i had two 1oz pours - but im proud i didn’t have the usual 30+ ounces

Sometimes you have do what you have to do. But you made great choices at lunch:)
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I finished my granddaughter's sweater coat tonight. Didn't start drinking until then. Went to get another beer, knowing I'm about to go over...and it didn't put me over! Win!