You Brits are so funny

Options

Replies

• brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    It funny to British people, that alot of Americans think us British are quaint and talk fancy, well ta ta for now.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I hate having a British accent. I want something exciting!

hahah, I am English (I live in London bruv, and we speak proper English, innit?) but actually lived most of my life in Sydney and I can't tell you how much I wanted to get rid of my Aussie accent and get back to the English Twang...

When I speak to Australian's now, they don't even realise I am from Sydney, when I talk to English people I don't know, they ask me where abouts in Australia I come from.

I have no idea how I sound....I go home to Sydney for the first time in 4 years in 3 weeks time, so I'm assuming they are all going to say I don't sound Aussie anymore! (Hoorah! haha)
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    I hate having a British accent. I want something exciting!

hahah, I am English (I live in London bruv, and we speak proper English, innit?) but actually lived most of my life in Sydney and I can't tell you how much I wanted to get rid of my Aussie accent and get back to the English Twang...

When I speak to Australian's now, they don't even realise I am from Sydney, when I talk to English people I don't know, they ask me where abouts in Australia I come from.

I have no idea how I sound....I go home to Sydney for the first time in 4 years in 3 weeks time, so I'm assuming they are all going to say I don't sound Aussie anymore! (Hoorah! haha)

I love Aussie accents! It's just so relaxed and it sounds happy. If that makes sense! I think I sound common but have been told I'm quite posh haha load of b*****ks
  • ayshamc
    Options
    I love Aussie accents! It's just so relaxed and it sounds happy. If that makes sense! I think I sound common but have been told I'm quite posh haha load of b*****ks

Oh god, are you serious? I hate it... I watch Home and Away these days and absolutley CRINGE!!

I love the English accent and love the words/slang we use for everything....I say b*****ks waaay to much these days haha!
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I've learnt, whilst doing ones ironing what a waste of ones life.

One couldn't agree more old chap, house work is a bally waste of one's time in one's opinion! Toodles! Mwah! (etc, etc)

hahaha we dont speak like that :p
    thats old english
  • haylz24
    Options

Oh god, are you serious? I hate it... I watch Home and Away these days and absolutley CRINGE!!

I love the English accent and love the words/slang we use for everything....I say b*****ks waaay to much these days haha!

Yeah although I don't watch home and away anymore cause its boring. No offence :p

Omg I have such a potty mouth! Always getting told off by my bf! Haha I use the C word quite a lot. It's pretty bad!
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    But their teeth.

yeh ok, someones obviously never watched Jerry Springer...
    Altho maybe they cant be classed as having bad teeth when they havent got any...
    ;)
  • haylz24
    Options
    But their teeth.

yeh ok, someones obviously never watched Jerry Springer...
    Altho maybe they cant be classed as having bad teeth when they havent got any...
    ;)

*giggle*
  • ayshamc
    Options
    Yeah although I don't watch home and away anymore cause its boring. No offence :p

Omg I have such a potty mouth! Always getting told off by my bf! Haha I use the C word quite a lot. It's pretty bad!

Absolutley no offence taken, it's boring as sh*te, but it's filmed in Sydney so it's a little bit of home when I'm feeling homesick...I have considered watching with the mute button on though, so I don't have to hear the god awful squawking accent haha!

Ohh you're a CBomb Girl...you naughty thing! LOL, I'm not a CBomber but I do use the F word a bit too much - I am trying to reign that in though haha!
  • katijjane
    katijjane Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hahaha i love it when americans say y'all!!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options

i from texas and i have tried to stop saying it but saying anything else makes me uncomforable! lol thanks yall!
  • haylz24
    Options

Absolutley no offence taken, it's boring as sh*te, but it's filmed in Sydney so it's a little bit of home when I'm feeling homesick...I have considered watching with the mute button on though, so I don't have to hear the god awful squawking accent haha!

Ohh you're a CBomb Girl...you naughty thing! LOL, I'm not a CBomber but I do use the F word a bit too much - I am trying to reign that in though haha!

Aww yeah I bet you miss it loads! 4 yrs is a loooooong time. It is so boring though. I swear theres new people every week!

I use the F word a lot too :/ I should stop as well haha sooo hard though! It just sounds so powerful when I'm angry lol
  • katijjane
    katijjane Posts: 57 Member
    Options

i from texas and i have tried to stop saying it but saying anything else makes me uncomforable! lol thanks yall!

haha no don't try and stop! it's my favourite accent to listen too!
  • kelmarie25
    kelmarie25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a lot of Americans think a "British" accent means talking like the queen. English characters in American films are usually Eton-educated Hugh Grant foppy-types with country estates and a butler. Watch EastEnders. That's how I sound! I rarely come across people who speak the Queen's English.

O'right laaaav! x
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I avoid the scale. I do believe that thing is a muthaeffing liar.
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    Believe me mate there is nothing quaint or charming about me at all!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Believe me mate there is nothing quaint or charming about me at all!

Nice!!!
  • ayshamc
    Options
    Watch EastEnders. That's how I sound! I rarely come across people who speak the Queen's English.

O'right laaaav! x

Aaah, PROPER English lol :smile:
  • ayshamc
    Options
    Aww yeah I bet you miss it loads! 4 yrs is a loooooong time. It is so boring though. I swear theres new people every week!

I use the F word a lot too :/ I should stop as well haha sooo hard though! It just sounds so powerful when I'm angry lol

There are...Neighbours is just as bad these days, I don't really watch either anymore to be honest! Would rather watch Eastenders LOL

Hahahaha, Yes, it can! But I know I use it waaay too much. My Mama is going to go mad if she hears me saying it when I go home after 4 years - she will wonder what this country has done to me!
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Now the Irish- wow- had one Irish friend and Iiterally had no clue what he was talking about. The closest I can come to comparing it to someone in the states was the time I was in Louisiana and tried to understand a Cajun. I had no clue.

Hey! I'm half- Irish, born & raised in cajun country, married to a said cajun, & lemme tell ya sha, I dunno whats you talkin bout, no!