Does anyone else suffer from mental health issues depression, anxiety,etc and trying to lose weight

Options
Need help and motivation for weight loss but suffer from some mental health issues that keep me from staying motivated does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me

Replies

• KaitBurt1123
    KaitBurt1123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not just you!
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I have Bipolar and I went from initial 25mg dose of Quentapine to 300 mg in space of few months.
    To say it had screwed up my motivation is an understatement.

I work out at home. I have a treadmill,barbell and weights,kettlebell.
    Try and take it slow . Last weekend I felt so sick from increase I barely got through short workout without being sick but then last 2 days I felt good and done run weights and yoga.

Don't pressure yourself into trying to be perfect everyday just do what you can when you can and listen to your body.
    I have days when I sleep 12h and don't want to leave the bed and super productive days and they 're both fine.

I'm starting to lose weight again and it may be slower than for others but I will get there .
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    It's not just you. Mental health plays a large role in this. I suffer from anxiety and one of the medications I'm on makes it more challenging. The key is to just follow your routine and try and keep the stressors low. The higher stressed we are, the more likely we are to fail.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Im running off to work but im bookmarking this page for when im home, If i see you stick around and are still around when im home ill take my time and write out a solid reply, You 100% arent alone.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Not just you at all. Same here. This is the 4th or so time I’m re starting. Mental heath can be a huge challenge in this...I have to work on believing I’m worth the effort of changing my behaviour.
  • xXSamanthaG2010Xx
    Options
    You are deffo not alone!

I have Bipolar II, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Unresolved Grief Reaction.

Losing weight with mental health issues can be very difficult but it is possible :) I have recently lost around 10lbs after joining slimming world and changing my diet slowing and i have up till recently just done some exercises at home like crunches, sit ups ect so no one can see me :) It will happen just maybe a little slower than others. I am on two medications that can increase my appetite which is a pain but it is possible.

Sending you positive vibes and hugs xxxx

You can do this !!
  • AmandaEdwards1
    AmandaEdwards1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am codependent. I tend to concern with things I should not be concerning myself with rather than myself. I am getting better...slowly but surely. Following.
  • jenniferc933
    jenniferc933 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've bookmarked this discussion - depression/anxiety and other conditions are debilitating, no doubt about it and it's hard for friends to be constantly with a depressed/anxious person, so then you become more alone.

At least I now accept that I too suffer from depressive moods/anxiety and aloneness - so I'm going it one step at a time. Acceptance of this part of my character is helping but it is hard to get motivated when so tired from insomnia as well as depression. I will just keep jumping puddles.
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I do.