Keto diet

Options
Hi, I'm new to Fitness Pal and using this to keep an eye on my carb intake, anybody else on Keto and have any snack and low carb evening meal ideas that are quick and easy? I love the diet and feel great but seem to be eating the same thing everyday!!

Thanks
Emily

Replies

• tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Check out the LCD forum or the Keto forum.
  • kwalton65
    kwalton65 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    celery with almond butter. thats a great goto for night snack. or macadamia nuts, pork rinds, pumpkin seeds, peanut butter (watch for sugar)
  • camocutie1990
    camocutie1990 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to make "gummy bears".
    1 pckg of flavored sugar free jello
    1 pckg of unflavored gelatin
    1/4 cup water.
    dissolve over medium heat on stove and then poor into gummy molds of your choice.

or you can use you choice of zero carb tea or drink instead of water with 2 pkg of unflavored gelatin.
  • Munchberry
    Munchberry Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    kwalton65 wrote: »
    celery with almond butter. thats a great goto for night snack. or macadamia nuts, pork rinds, pumpkin seeds, peanut butter (watch for sugar)

I like those (I eat them). I also eat a piece of avocado. It has carbs, but lots of good fats and offsetting fiber. I also buy good cheese and eat an ounce or so. Have you tried Wisps? They are so good, but salty. They have a good crunch. I also sometimes like cucumbers. They taste so good to me since going keto. I sometimes also make a little cream cheese and salmon dip (w. a little caper, onion, dill and mustard) and smear it on celery or cukes. Prosciutto around a little cream or goat cheese for a special treat.
  • Dangitbrian
    Dangitbrian Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese and salami are an easy go to.

to settle my sweet tooth, I melt some butter in a bowl add splenda and cinnamon and pour over plain pork rinds.

Also sugar free jello and whipped cream
  • northernlass313
    northernlass313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices and lebneh for a snack.

My laziest meal is also my favorite—blackberries, unsweetened coconut flakes, and whole milk Fage yogurt. Super filling and all the flavors and textures keep it interesting.
  • sexysmiles22
    sexysmiles22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do follow Keto diet so I make different kinds of fat bombs and muffins, store them in fridge and freezer so I always have a go to snack. Recipes are under "HealthyPursuit-Leanne Vogel" web site or check out Pinterest. I bought her book "The Keto Diet" and it has lots of recipes in it. If really desperate I just take a tablespoon of coconut oil and that takes my hunger away.
  • SerenaB_1
    SerenaB_1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    kwalton65 wrote: »

Do you make your own almond butter or use store bought? Every brand I've seen contains sugars and I'm trying to stay below 10 sugars a day.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    SerenaB_1 wrote: »
    Do you make your own almond butter or use store bought? Every brand I've seen contains sugars and I'm trying to stay below 10 sugars a day.

Nuts contain sugar naturally. There are companies out there that do make nut butters with no added sugar BUT the nut butter is still going to contain some sugar contained in the ground nuts. Barney Butter, the "Bare" almond butter (they have a couple of different kinds) contains no added sugar.
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I am on keto. I usually grab either Babybel cheeses, or string cheeses, or home made fat bomb. However, if I want a bigger meal, I go with shrimps with mayo and guacamole (or other sauce), or cook a piece of fish in the pan (have a pack of frozen tilapia) and eat with spinach/other low carb veggie.
  • acruickshank6876
    acruickshank6876 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on Keto and have found that when I have enough fat I rarely snack, which is a big step for me - with four hungry boys I feel like I'm always in the kitchen, which is probably why I needed to go on Keto!!!
    I like to make chia puddings (1 x 400ml can full fat coconut milk, 1/4 - 1/2 a cup chia seeds & liquid vanilla stevia) pop it in the fridge and it is ready in a few hours. This is about 4 serves (which you could easily halve for a snack instead of a meal) and seems to keep in the fridge for about a week. I tend to use 1/4 cup of chia seeds, which still leaves it a little bit runny but 1/2 cup gives a super thick mix. Delicious with some cacao nibs, unsweetened coconut chips and blueberries/raspberries. I use avocado oil/ghee/coconut oil with most meals, lots of greens and keep dairy to a minimum. I like to bake serves of chicken breast as well - about 100g raw per serve - drizzle over some coconut oil and then a no-added-nasties spice mix. That way you can change the flavour up each week! Great to keep in the fridge if you need a protein hit - spread some avocado or nut butter on top of a piece and there's your snack!
    Good Luck!