What was your first “I’m getting fat” realization?

Options

Replies

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Pictures from a night out with friends at a murder mystery. One of my friends is very petite and I realized that I looked like a big blob next to her. It did take me another 4 months to actually start doing anything about it though.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just seeing pictures of me on the beach, clothes getting tighter and feeling like i could not move as fast as i used to
  • grumpopuppo
    grumpopuppo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    arobey11 wrote: »
    Bullying when I was very, very young. Wasn't even overweight, didn't know what 'fatty' realistically meant. Turned into something of a prophecy as I turned to food for comfort.
    But these days it's my chin (and whether or not there's two of them) and heart burn levels.

Yes!! I have to carry Tums around like I have some sort of weird addiction when I'm not eating right, and gaining weight. When I'm not overeating and I'm either losing or maintaining weight, I don't have that problem. Whoda thunk it? :)

Yeah, yeah! Get to a certain point on the scale and BAM on comes the heartburn. I hear the best guess as to why that is, is that the extra weight puts more pressure on the stomach and that in turn forces the acid up the eusophagus.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Tight pants

^ This. :s
  • geeta81
    geeta81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looking at photos taken at a celebration taken a few days before.
    I realised it wasn't a bad angle of the photo (as I had thought previously), but I was fat.
  • Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was like damn i can't see my abs.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    The pinafore that used to fit me perfectly is now too tight on me
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    This was more like a "Holy crap I'm fat again" moment, after I regain most of the weight I'd lost. When my "everyday" jeans barely fit me anymore.