Replies

• PoppyFlower1
    PoppyFlower1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Also I wish I’d put this question in chit chat! Not sure how to move it
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Well, you can strike another one off your list.

It is hard to feel special if you know you are just another fish in the sea.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don't have an opinion on how many you should date at a time. I've been married for 20 years to Mr. Right.

But I think this guy last night may have asked you what you were doing today to see if you were open to maybe having some more time together. I think maybe a missed opportunity unless you really didn't care for this guy.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    If everyone knows, it's fine. Polyamory is on the rise. If you're being secretive, or the other party is, then I'd say that's going to result in someone getting hurt.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if youre doing something you wouldnt want the other to know about, then its probably wrong. if you both know and agree to date other people, then its not a problem.

if my fiance was seeing other people, I would be single.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If they both know your relationship is not exclusive than it might be okay... not wrong. I say that because I have seen people who thought/said they were cool with it but someone ended up with hurt feelings and everyone went their seperate ways.
    I think some people may not know themselves or want to have some kind of relationship that they will agree when deep down it is not what they want. It is a risk. Talk it out with everyone involved if it is what you really want.

It would be wrong to date two people with one or both of them thinking they are the only person you are seeing. If you can't tell them then that is a clue it is wrong.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Do they know about each other?

I love in a poly household. 3 adults all in a relationship together. It can be difficult at times but we make it work. Sure, some people shake a finger at us and tell us how horrible it is, but we just ignore them.

So no, I don't think it is weird.

+1
    A relationship that is based on honesty is healthy in my opinion.
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That seems like waaaaay too much work for me! If both people know and agree then why wouldn’t it be fine?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Since when was dating the same as being in a relationship.

Well I think that's the question isn't it? Who is to say when that magic moment happens when one or the other is invested enough to not want to share? Luckily, honest conversations are free and easy to come by.
  • shannonprovenzano2812
    Options
    Only you know what’s right for you. No one can tell you if what you’re doing is “wrong”. Although if you didn’t have a guilty conscious you wouldn’t be asking this question.

Picture yourself if the role was reversed and a guy you were “dating” was also dating someone else. Would you be cool with that?
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Dating as in seeing potential partners and not too involved (ie sex) nope not wrong. It's when people start getting intimate with multiple people, that's where i draw the line at (personally).
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Honesty is always.............what?
  • russelljam08
    russelljam08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Is one of them a doctor?
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's wrong, but it's never really worked for me. I just couldn't get as excited as I'd want to be about more than one person at once, so it sort of felt like a waste of everyone's time to follow through on dates with others when my heart clearly wasn't in it. If that's not how it is for you, have at it!