Maintainers weekly Check-in January 2018

Options

Replies

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @fidangul ss hun, hope you feel better soon! Nothing worse that food poisoning! Nice to have your mum nearby. Take care, mf.
  • jemalme
    jemalme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @fidangul Food poisoning is no joke, and it can take weeks to fully recover as your gut flora gets all messed up in the process! Take it easy, rest. Listen to your body and feed it well. Hoping you feel better soon!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @mk2fit thanks for the words of encouragement. I am focused on having a focused and productive week. @fidangul best of luck with your recovery!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Name: Rye
    Height: 162 cm
    Total Weight lost: 41 lb
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: since Jan 1, 2018
    Maintenance weight range: 143-150

(As a guide for January) Average weight recorded from December: 154.5

Average weight recorded from 2017 (12months): 175

Week of...
    1st January: 152.2
    8th January: 151.6
    15th January: 149.2
    22nd January:
    29th January:

Successes/struggles of the week:

Did a Five Day Fast Mimicking Diet this past week, so I’m unsurprised to see the scale go down. Back to normal this week but have low motivation for cardio for some reason. Therefore I plan to do weights today and save swim session for tomorrow.

My weight is just on the overweight side of BMI but my waist circumference to height ratio and calipers put me at lower end of normal weight. Since I went to goodwill and bought size six jeans ( not stretchy jeans either) and they fit - tight but not painfully or scandalously so - I’m thinking I am at a good maintenance high end weight. My mindset is still weight LOSS tho, and I’m unsure how to make myself FEEL I have permission to stop trying to lose weight.

Part of the problem is my clothes on my hourglass shape. My waist is pleasing, even a bit too small, but my butt/thighs seem huge to me. The 13 inch + difference between these two measurements means clothes, except for some types of leggings tend to an unflattering fit. Last night my husband said I tended to dress in old lady clothes, like Amy on the Big Bang theory and I hid my shape.

I think I need to borrow my niece for a goodwill clothing spree to see if I can learn to dress to better fit my actual shape, not the way I think I’m supposed to look.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    @ryenday I used to have that hourglass figure as a young woman. Losing weight and going through menopause flipped the script, and I now have only an 8 inch difference between waist and hips. (Mind you, loose skin and residual fat are part of the problem. Also, my tushy fell down!)

Highly tailored clothes always look great on an hourglass or X figure. There are lots of websites out there that can help you with finding looks that work for your figure. The hardest part is finding pants that fit a curvy frame!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    @fidangul Oh, my! That is terrible! *hugs*
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Thankyou to all of you for your well wishes. I'm more or less recovered from the food poisoning. And the pain in my hip and lower back is now much more manageable. I don't expect any success this week, I'll give myself a brake and hope to get back to things next week.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @fidangul (((hugs)))
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    Name: Fidan
    Height: 171cm
    Total Weight lost: 48kg
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 1 year 8 months
    Maintenance weight range: 73.3kg and below
    Average weight recorded from 2017: 73.3kg
    Average weight recorded from December: 73.4kg

Week of...
    1st January: 73.1kg
    7th January: 72.2kg
    14th January: 74.4kg
    21st January:
    28th January:

Success/struggles of the week:

I suffered food poisoning on Tuesday that continued through the week. It's the first time this has happened to me and the experience was horrific. The stomach pain was agonising.

Like that wasn't enough, on Friday night, my hip muscles decided to go into a spasm. A sharp pain like no other and I couldn't stand or sit up straight. The Doctor says it'll take 6-12 weeks for it to get better. He gave strong painkillers and they make me drowsy.... staying over at mum's until I'm at least a little better.

I've also been having hungry days and loss of appetite days. And cravings for sweet things. I think the health issues were a hidden factor. I probably eat for comfort. I had milk chocolate biscuits and cream crackers for dinner one night. And lamb doner for breakfast another day. Oops!

I gave up logging in my food diary for the last day. Ignorance is bliss 'n' all that.

Not my best week. Struggles all the way. Anyway I hope that the new week will bring better days.

That sounds terrible! I am so sorry you had such a rough week. Glad you are staying at your mother's until you are feeling better.