What was your first “I’m getting fat” realization?

Options

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I noticed when my clothes started fitting tightly and then stopped fitting. My kick my kitten in gear realization was being asked twice in a month if I was pregnant.
  • Harp224
    Harp224 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My baggy shirts no longer felt baggy
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I never thought I was fat, I had myself shallow halled lol but I started dieting because I gave birth to my little one and I weighed at 158 which was the most I ever weighed. I lost 30 pounds since then but looking back on my photos I was hugeeeeeee.
  • BackToBikini
    BackToBikini Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I saw a photo of myself on the last holiday from behind and didn't know who the woman was with my kid lmao
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My real moment was when a friend posted a photo of me on FB and tagged me in it. It is the worst photo ever. I know that it is taken on a bad angle and I wasn't dressed very flatteringly but it was horrific. I saw it, teared up, and messaged her to ask that she untag me. It was 2 weeks into January 2015 and I'd been trying for the umpteenth time to get on track but it really shook me. I lost 37kg after that, pretty steadily.

Since then, I've gained 26kg of that back, and I'm on my way back down again. This time there was no wake up moment, I know I was gaining, and just didn't care due to health issues and distractions.
  • penguina703
    penguina703 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely the number on the scale. I feel terrible that I let myself gain as much as I did.
  • iheartmakeup01
    iheartmakeup01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I would sit and feel the muffin top hanging over lol
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I remember using a bathroom stall somewhere and thinking dang why are they making bathroom stalls so much smaller these days?! That's when it dawned on me that the bathroom stalls weren't getting smaller, I was getting bigger.
  • jb050794
    jb050794 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wasn't fitting in my clothes anymore :( ...and my nephews even noticed I had gained weight haha. This year will be different! Down 4lbs already!
  • chanr427
    chanr427 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The first time (when I was 160ish lbs), it was when I saw pictures of myself and thought "Holy cow! Is that what I look like?!" Also, I found it was getting harder to tie my shoes if I was sitting on the couch (my jeans were cutting into my stomach).

I managed to get down to 130 lbs at one point, stopped logging, and now I'm up to 143 lbs. The second realization was that my jeans were getting too tight. Now I'm back to logging my meals because I refuse to buy new jeans. I've been pretty much living in stretchy pants the past few weeks!
  • LynzLovesCheese
    LynzLovesCheese Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    PICTURES of myself! Ugh, just my round bloated head smiling like a freak in every single picture. Clothes not fitting, actually seeing the scale moving up, never down... just an overall uncomfortable feeling?
  • azkabanned
    azkabanned Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    At about 3 or 4 years old and everyone saying that you're Fat, either directly or indirectly to my mother. This was the 70's when people told the truth. Basically as soon as I was able to comprehend "fat".

Wow, people can be so terrible.