Dry January!

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Still dry...had Mexican for dinner and it would have been nice to have a beer with a lime, but I had water with lime instead. Made the bill cheaper.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Still dry...had Mexican for dinner and it would have been nice to have a beer with a lime, but I had water with lime instead. Made the bill cheaper.

I had mexican dinner and watched my friend drink a margarita. But I had club soda and saved a lot of calories that way. Best wishes!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Dry January kind of sucks.

Hang in there! It's half way over:)
  • BradR_82
    BradR_82 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    January sucks all around really, lol. Cold, fat, dry etc. I'm late to the thread but I do dry January every year. I'm a social drinker so I tend to just avoid anything social and just go through my routine (work, exercise, sleep!)
  • karengineer
    karengineer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Made it through my first weekend of the challenge (joined late)! 5 days dry for me. The last couple times I've planned for a dry spell I've always found an excuse to add in an occasional drink. I'm finding this attempt much easier since I've made changes to my diet at the same time. Tracking my macros and calories and aiming for very low carb is an extra motivation for me to stay dry. I'm already feeling better and looking forward to more improvements in both my health and the pocket book!

Stay strong this week, everyone. You're half way there!
  • eddie_fields
    eddie_fields Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    16 days down...keep rolling guys and girls!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    We are not the only people doing Dry January. The NYT has an article giving a number of incredibly fancy mocktails just for people like us:

https://nyti.ms/2Foe8gt
  • srclark89
    srclark89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Only just heard about this today, It's my problem area so I'm going to jump on in and do 4 weeks as well.
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Ok so I haven't posted here in days, but I am happy to report that other than 2 specifically set aside special occasions, I have been dry for 18 days. So that's actually 16/18 days. I consider this a success and plan to extend this into February.
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    lanzerco67 wrote: »
    Thursday starts the weekend! Not looking forward to getting home, workin' out, then settling in with a crisp vodka and diet tonic with a lime. I'll be looking for the relief death will bring resting comfortably in about six or seven hours!

I got a better kick out of reading this than I've had from a drink in a long time. Thanks!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    On Fridays my wife and I used to have cocktails and stay up late watching movies. Then, I'd be tired all Saturday. My goal tomorrow is to have a cardio session, a good dinner, retire early, then get up early Saturday and go do something fun!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Day 17 for me in the books- my husband cracked open an IPA and it looked mighty tasty but I stuck to my sparkling water :)