What was your first “I’m getting fat” realization?

Options

Replies

• missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My clothes were getting pretty snug, but I just chalked it up to all the working out I'd been doing and kept thinking that it was muscle gain. It wasn't until I went to the doctor and weighed in at almost 20 pounds more than my previous weight the year before (which was also at least 10 pounds more than the previous year), and some reflection over the next few weeks, before I realized that it wasn't muscle gain and I needed to look carefully at my food intake, not just working out.
  • ftmtyler
    ftmtyler Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First was when I couldn't fit into jeans borrowed from my stepmom (size 14), but most powerful was realizing it's uncomfortable to sit in the lecture seats at my school (which i have to sit in often)
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was at six flags and my thighs were super tight when getting on some of the rides. I thought they were just making the seats smaller until I looked over and saw a large lady having the same problems. Yes, that was when I officially realized my fat a** had to shrink. Plus I was just wearing those hanes stretchy pants everywhere and any type of jeans felt uncomfortable.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    -beginning to see a double chin form
    -unflattering pictures
    -unable to fit into clothes
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I've always been overweight, but when 4x was threatening to become 5x, I knew I had to do something in order to save my own life. I was a heart attack waiting to happen.
  • Tinkachu
    Tinkachu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I lifted my jacket one night and looked at my huge bloated belly spilling over my jeans.

I do that a lot actually and it's very distressing when I can't stick to counting calories and I keep over-eating. =3=
  • meloyellow27
    meloyellow27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Having to roll to my side first to then push myself up to out of bed... Yup! That did it for me!!
  • tiffanyx7
    tiffanyx7 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I knew I was putting on weight but I continued bingeing and eating whatever I wanted. I needed a new coat so ordered one in my usual 'big but normal' size, and it was too tight. I was gutted.
  • davepollack
    davepollack Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Really noticed it when I had pictures taken without me knowing. Saw how I looked from different angles.
  • kingleahnidas
    kingleahnidas Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I came out of the womb at 10 lbs 8 oz :D
  • jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Seeing a photo of myself, realizing that I've been blocking out the image of what I really look like when I look in the mirror. My image of my self is really messed up
  • blujp
    blujp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I’ve been overweight my entire life but my most recent wake up moment was when I went to a con with some friends, got a pic with one of my fav actors and could barely stand to look at the picture because I looked so awful.