(POST 3) BATTLE OF THE BULGE - Summer Slimdown Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Biggest-Loser-Meal-Plan.jpg

FINAL RESULTS ARE IN!!!

***WEEK 10 RESULTS***
    The Week 10 Biggest loser in both categories is: :bigsmile: lacielamp with 9.5lbs lost and 6.01% of body weight lost!!!

***MONTH 2 BOB BIGGEST LOSER GOES TO....***
    :bigsmile: MikeyKeith7 with 18 lbs lost and 8.87% of body weight lost during weeks 5 - week 10!!!

Runner up goes to...
    :bigsmile: lacielamp with 7.57% body weight lost
    :bigsmile: agilegazelle with 14 lbs lost

*Month 2 results are the total weight and total % of body fat lost DURING week 5 - week 10; it is not a cumulative loss for Week 1 - Week 10! Cumulative results will only be posted at the very end (for the ultimate WOW factor! :wink:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    32157.gif

THURSDAY - AUGUST 4TH! - Day 80!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK - WEEK 12 OF 15
    This week's challenge is to do AT LEAST 25 minutes of nonstop activity DAILY!

Today's challenge brought to us by: :drinker: jessilea35

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    A lot of us have those bloated, fat days! But more times than not, it’s not a weight gain but water weight. So, with that in mind, today’s challenge will be to stay under your sodium intake for the day by 500 mg. If you do go over your daily goal, drink an extra 4 oz of water for each 100 mg you are over. Keep that water retention at bay today!!!

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. Salt Shaker--Ying Yang Twins featuring Lil Jon & the Eastside Boyz-www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJEzl31zL-I
    2. Push It--Salt & Pepa- www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU
    3. Water--Brad Paisley- www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AHnQtY1bg4

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    My success is all about portion control. I still continue to eat the same things I did before I started this journey. I will still eat tacos, pizza and french fries. But instead of 8 tacos or a whole pizza, I will cut those portions in half (sometimes more). There is nothing in the rule books that say you can not enjoy the great things in life, just enjoy them in moderation 

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge

*THIS WEEK'S POSTERS (didn't receive any since Saturday which is why we're lookin lonely!...)
    Fri Aug 5 Irene8509
    Sat Aug 6 kathvg
    Sun Aug 7 tsmom1128

*I'll post the week 13-15 assigned posters tomorrow along with the week 11 biggest losers results!*
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS THIS WEEK!
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the winners!

Jessielea35....great post! I needed that after the garbage I ate on Wednesday! I will watch more what I put in my mouth. Thanks!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i no longer eat second helpings of anything unless it's of something i can have like veggies or fruit...but even that is limited. i am so proud of myself and the way i handle my eating now.....
  • journey2size10
    Options
    great job to all the losers! keep up the great work!
  • ksutte
    ksutte Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers!!! You all rock!!!

Portion control is sooo important. I really have a hard time with it sometimes, but have really been trying to keep an eye on how much of everything I've been eating.

Feel free to friend me, I do not have much time to be on the boards but do post on my friends accomplishments daily.
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE LOSERS. WE ARE ALL WINNERS.
    Portion control is key. For me I still eat anything that I want to eat but Instead of overdoing it, I watch how much I eat, more than what I eat.
    Best of luck to all in the next weeks till the end.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the Losers but we are all winners!!!!!!! Portion control is so big in my life now. I weigh or measure everything that I put into my mouth that isn't already in a measured container. It has been such an eye opener for me. When I think of what I thought was 3 ounces of fish or anytype of meat as opposed to what it really is....I was stunned. I am stuck on weighing things....thank goodness for my scale.

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    It is quiet here...or is the topic moved?

Pam
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    It is rather quiet. I hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend!!
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    We are becoming a lonely bunch.:noway: :cry: :sad:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Shall we make up our own challenge? I say get your workout in and 8 glasses of water today!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm still around,.just on vacation! I.just moved almost 2 wks ago and am in indy through tomorrow. Diet not so wonderful on vacation....however I am watching my portions and certainly getting my exercise in! I bought tone up flip flops and have been wearing them alllll over downtown. Back to my routine Monday morning!
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm around. Just got back from vaca. My guess is that most threads thin out over the summer months due to people being away or simply busy. Stick around, I know I am, and I'm sure the thread will pick up again. Congrats to the most recent losers :happy:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hey BOBers! Sorry to have been absent so much lately. My husband's sister & family were in town from across the country for a week, followed by my brother & family being here from out of state for a week, before they moved to Germany yesterday (Army). So, hope you all are doing well! Have a happy, healthy week!! Can't believe we are nearing the end of this challenge!!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    it'sa pretty busy summer for me and not as much time as I would like to "play"

on the computer lol. Miss all my BOBer pals a lot and hope you are all

healthy and happy today!:glasses: time is coming around to see this challenge

through with many more to come. May you all do the very best you possible

can and enjoy the journey:flowerforyou:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I have only submitted one set of measurements to Kristy besides my originals.

Does anyone know when we are going to measure ourselves again for this

challenge? LOL just wonderin' :wink:

Question answered, went to the website,,,apparently we have the option to

weigh-in and measure each week:glasses:
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    it'sa pretty busy summer for me and not as much time as I would like to "play"

on the computer lol. Miss all my BOBer pals a lot and hope you are all

healthy and happy today!:glasses: time is coming around to see this challenge

through with many more to come. May you all do the very best you possible

can and enjoy the journey:flowerforyou:
    [/quote

True, guess everyone is busy these days. hope you are healthy & happy as well. You know, I am enjoying this journey as I will never be fat again. So glad for all the support you as well as mfp has given me. Although this is not the end, I have a ways to go yet, but just saying thanks.:flowerforyou: . Have a fabulous day.
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Here is a challenge for today. Let everyone know what this groupe has meant to you. I am not some one that checks out the board each day and responds to all of the challenges (an for that I apologise), but weighing in each week with you gouys has kept me motivated and focused.
    Since this challenge has started I have lost close to 10 pounds even though there were weeks that I felt I was trappened in endless stagnation. To everyone who has kept this group going ...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!