Do I need to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Am 5'6. In 2013, I was almost 200 pounds and a size 12. After dieting and exercising, I was 117 pounds and a size 0-2 by 2015. I'm now 148-151 pounds (according to every scale I've tried including the doctor's office) but I haven't changed in size at all. At ALL. But I'm too close to technically being overweight and want to get back to 117. I feel like I'm in a pickle. Help?

ddjlvc8ayb2y.jpg

It seems like something is up with your weight difference there. If you look like your picture (which is still hard to see since one in the bathing suit is tiny and the one you posted above covers alot), I would guess you weigh about the first weight, you look kinda skinny. Are you sure about this 117lb previous weight and 148-151 now, were you on the same scales and are you naked when weighing? One consideration, you may have 10lbs extra hair there in your beach picture if you didn't have long hair back then. But something seems very wrong here, and if that is your current weight you really dont look like you have weight to lose. If all checks out, go to the doctor to go over this, not online to discuss with random people who can't really adequately judge from pictures, something seems not usual here. Be sure to present it the way you did above, your past weight in the same size clothes and your current weight and not changing clothing size, otherwise they may dismiss it as being usual for you.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    OP I am 99.9% sure I recognize you from one of the keto groups I mod for on Facebook (you've posted that bikini pic more than once). If you are who I am pretty sure you are you definitely have no room to lose weight, I thought you were going to work on recomping if I remember your last thread correctly?

I am in a keto group on fb. Unfortunately, I'm too weak to go back to lifting weights like I did in 2015 and 2016. I switched to light cardio because I'm tired all the time.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    No you don't need to lose. You look thin already and it looks like you have nothing to lose.
    Could you work on maybe beginning a strength training program. I saw you mentioned that your too weak to lift right now. Why is that? Are you ill? ( You don't have to answer, I'm just trying to think of what could possibly be going on here)
    You also mentioned a keto group. How many calories are you eating? What calories where you eating while you gained the 30 lbs? Where you down to 117 because you lost a lot initially by switching to Keto by means of water weight? Are you still eating keto ? If so what is your carb intake like?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    You definitely do not look like you have weight to lose, at least from your photo there. Did you run bulk cycles to gain muscle and get up to that weight? Or did it just happen suddenly? What does your doctor say?

If you are happy with how you look and your body composition, then I wouldn't worry too much. I am 5'7 and I would love to be heavier.. my ultimate goal is around your weight.

Thank you :) xoxo. And no. I have a fear of bulking actually.

*alarm bells ringing*

Um...I think you should talk to a professional about this. Not just about the mysterious 30lbs which somehow have not caused any visible difference nor caused any increase in clothing size, but this fear of "bulking".

I've been huge before when I was obese. Why would I let myself go back?

The use of the word "fear" concerns me. But even that aside you really need to go to the doctor.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you look thin now. I can't imagine what you would have looked like at 117lbs. Do you have any photos when you were at that weight? I honestly can not see where you need to lose even a pound.
  • 100_PROOF_
    Options
    Honestly, you look thin now. I can't imagine what you would have looked like at 117lbs. Do you have any photos when you were at that weight? I honestly can not see where you need to lose even a pound.

I don't see it either. I think you are right that a before picture might help clarify this situation.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    Options

Kinda. Here's a before and recent pic. Left side 117 pounds. Right side 148.
    25pla35.jpg
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Kinda. Here's a before and recent pic. Left side 117 pounds. Right side 148.
    25pla35.jpg

Wowsas it's amazing how a 30lb gain doesn't make any difference on your frame. I would stay put at the weight you are now, it'll be healthier in the long run.
  • 100_PROOF_
    Options
    I can't explain why you have remained relatively the same whilst gaining 30 lbs.
    I can say that it doesn't look like you have anything to lose now though.
    If you feel well enough and are cleared through your gp , I'd suggest beginning a progressive strength training program.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, you have a history of eating very low, and over exercising, a long with some body dysmorphia. If I'm mistaken, my apologies, your name looks very familiar.

No, you don't need to lose weight. I agree with those suggesting you should see your doctor.

I remember the same. I think you look perfectly fine at the weight you are now and by all means shouldn't try to go back down to 117. You may be really lucky and just put on weight very evenly across your whole body so that it isn't noticeable, or there is something wrong. It doesn't hurt to bring the matter up to your Dr. Especially with the accompanying fatigue.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    Options
    If I remember correctly, you have a history of eating very low, and over exercising, a long with some body dysmorphia. If I'm mistaken, my apologies, your name looks very familiar.

No, you don't need to lose weight. I agree with those suggesting you should see your doctor.

I stopped the resistance training because of chronic fatigue. My calories range from 1,200 to 1,400 which is fine because I'm currently sedentary and I don't have much of an appetite with chronic nausea.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

I stopped the resistance training because of chronic fatigue. My calories range from 1,200 to 1,400 which is fine because I'm currently sedentary and I don't have much of an appetite with chronic nausea.

It seems like you are fatigued because you are not eating enough. I am much shorter than you and weigh much less but my maintenance calories are around 1600 for a sedentary lifestyle.
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor and get blood work done. Chronic nausea could mean lots of things but with the fatigue it sounds like anemia. So yes please go to your doctor ASAP. You should also try to eat at a maintenance level now too at least until you figure out what is going on.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    At 5'6" and 117 lb you were in a size 0-2. Now at 148 lb what size are you in?

How long were you able to maintain at 117? When you look at yourself nude in a mirror, do you like what you see?

My wife is 5'6" and doesn't exercise. You could very well have more muscle mass than her and be perfect at 148 while she'd have some excess fat at 148.

I don't exercise either. I did weight training in 2015 then stopped by mid-2016. Now I just walk around. I'm still a size 0-2 (wearing my same old clothes). But I want my weight back down. Carrying excess weight isn't healthy in the long term (plus diabetes and heart conditions run in my dad's side).

Even without the pictures that show no excess weight, 148 pounds is in the normal/healthy range for someone who is 5'6", so you're not carrying excess weight.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    megs_1985 wrote: »
    Go to your doctor and get blood work done. Chronic nausea could mean lots of things but with the fatigue it sounds like anemia. So yes please go to your doctor ASAP. You should also try to eat at a maintenance level now too at least until you figure out what is going on.

^^This. See your doctor.