Turkey bacon vs. Pig bacon

Options
124»

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread but I'll comment anyway because there is ONLY 1 kind of bacon and it's made from PORK BELLY. ;)
  • bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I actually buy beef bacon from a local shop. Difference is there is less fat on it and more meat.
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    From experience, I’ve noticed nutritionally there isn’t a big difference between regular bacon and turkey bacon and that is why I went back to my regular good ol bacon lol
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I agree with above posters; turkey bacon is not bacon! It is not even remotely close to bacon, smell, taste, texture; everything about it is all wrong. To be fair though; I am not a fan of turkey in general! My son actually prefers turkey bacon (he's 10), because he doesn't like the fat on regular bacon. I am also a fan of eating "the real thing" in moderation and not diet or lean everything. With that being said though; I think it just boils down to whatever you prefer.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    lawtechie wrote: »
    I've thrown out enough frozen bacon over the years, that 'm going to ask...

How do you store your bacon? As a single gal, I'm only have 2-3 slices in one sitting and probably not more than once/week. Its a huge PITA the try to peel off frozen together bacon slices.

How do you store it? Separate and store servings in baggies? Other suggestions?

Sounds like a good reason to use a foodsaver. But yeah, in your case separate and save by portion.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yeah unless you're avoiding pork in particular for religious or some other reason there's no reason to go with turkey. The nutrition difference is small, and a lot of center cut bacon has even fewer calories than turkey bacon per piece.