HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• stephaniedenise28
    stephaniedenise28 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The first pic I am the same weight as I am in the last pic- the only difference being a year and a half of progressive lifting :)

What a gorgeous example of a recomp! Go, you!

Second that! What a great job!

Thank you!! :)
  • stephaniedenise28
    Options
    The first pic I am the same weight as I am in the last pic- the only difference being a year and a half of progressive lifting :)

Thank you :) I started at 76kg (not shown) Got down to 61kg at the end of last year, and now back up to around 68kg give or take!

Are you a powerlifter? I have been training and looking to compete in strongwoman stuff, but the UK comps seem to be either very light, miles away or massively heavy ha!

Yep. Relatively new, started competing in February.

Hows has it gone?

I hold my state's deadlift record for my age/weight. ;) So...pretty good? LOL

It's actually a LOT of fun. All the women are super supportive and root for each other. I really enjoy it.

Wow, amazing, well done :)

The closest Ive come is that I have the 4th heaviest deadlift in my gym, ha!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thank you :) I started at 76kg (not shown) Got down to 61kg at the end of last year, and now back up to around 68kg give or take!

Are you a powerlifter? I have been training and looking to compete in strongwoman stuff, but the UK comps seem to be either very light, miles away or massively heavy ha!

Hows has it gone?

It's actually a LOT of fun. All the women are super supportive and root for each other. I really enjoy it.

Oh, there are tons of people (men, mostly, I guess) that deadlift more than me. Now that I think about it, I may have the heaviest female deadlift at my gym. It's a powerlifting/bodybuilding gym. We have a woman that has won a gold medal in bench press at World's. And Jesse Norris trains there - he has multiple world records in powerlifting. Not bad for little Idaho.
  • stephaniedenise28
    Options

Hows has it gone?

Oh, there are tons of people (men, mostly, I guess) that deadlift more than me. Now that I think about it, I may have the heaviest female deadlift at my gym. It's a powerlifting/bodybuilding gym. We have a woman that has won a gold medal in bench press at World's. And Jesse Norris trains there - he has multiple world records in powerlifting. Not bad for little Idaho.

I forgot to say that that's the 4th heaviest girls deadlift ha!! Mine is the same kind of gym, which is why I chose to train there, couldn't go back to a chain gym now!! Your gym sounds amazing, I'm jealous!

• mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    5id868jpahhy.jpg
    o1iae9ct52uy.jpg

Awesome results!
  • stephaniedenise28
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »
    5id868jpahhy.jpg
    o1iae9ct52uy.jpg

Awesome results!

Thank you :)<3
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Guys, I'm so excited about this, I'm sharing it in every thread that is at all related to heavy lifting. 385 lbs!!! If I can deadlift this from the floor at my next meet (instead of a block pull), I'll break state record.

Does this lift make me look bulky?!? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfTgU1x_oS0

WELL DONE!! You rock!

edited to remove weird double quote
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Guys, I'm so excited about this, I'm sharing it in every thread that is at all related to heavy lifting. 385 lbs!!! If I can deadlift this from the floor at my next meet (instead of a block pull), I'll break state record.

You're my hero!!! #ladycrush
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! :)
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options

You rock!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Friggin' awesome, quiksylver296!
  • jax_006
    jax_006 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Rock on ladies
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!