What would you say to your past self?

Options

Replies

• becomingbeautifultoday
    Options
    It’s long, I’m sorry. This is actually an exercise I did a while back where I wrote a letter to myself in the future if I didn’t make changes and continued to put on weight. It’s totally brutal, but when I feel like giving up, I have a read, and it helps keep me on track.

Dear Fat Laura,

I am writing to you today to tell you to STOP! Stop eating trash and start getting active. You’ve hurt your body long enough, you’ll be lucky if you don’t have any medical conditions! Don’t you want to live a long life and watch your children grow up? Don’t you want to be able to actually play with them for more than just a few minutes? Aren’t you hot under all that fat in the hot Australian sun?

I bet you’re looking back at me now, and wish you could just get back to your weight then. If you had just had some self-control, you would still be there, but instead you continued to make excuses as to why you should get to eat whatever you want and not exercise. If you’d just done a little bit of work back then, you wouldn’t have this massive mountain to get over now!

I know you’re ashamed of your body. You have probably been too scared to even step on a set of scales for years. You hide behind your baggy clothes, and hope no one notices you sweating from just walking down the road. You’re lucky you’re a nice person, because without that, you would just be the fat lady no one wants to be friends with. I guess it’s true what they say, fat people have to be nice.

Aren’t you tired? Aren’t you sick of hiding in the plus size stores? Don’t you want to wear beautiful clothes and feel good in them? Don’t you want to actually get a tan at the beach instead of having to cover up? What the hell are you doing? Wake up and fix this! You’ve got a lot of work ahead of you, but it needs to be done. You’re unhappy, ashamed, uncomfortable, and unhealthy, you need to fix this.

Do you really want to be the fat girl for the rest of your life?

Good Luck.
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    Options
    I like this one more though, it's a letter I wrote to my past self when I was fit.

Dear Past Fit Laura,

It’s been a while since we’ve seen each other, and although nothing happened suddenly to separate us, there’s no denying that over the last 8 years, we’ve slowly drifted further and further apart. I still think about you all the time though, I look at pictures of you, and even kept all your old clothes.

I know now that you never really appreciated how great you were then. I know you were self-conscious, and wanted to be thinner. I know that you felt you needed to wear shorts with your bathing suit to hide your thighs. It’s really a shame that you couldn’t be happy with how you were then, and enjoy yourself and your body before it was too late.

We’re both at fault for letting us drift so far apart. You discovered how yummy plain pasta and cheese is, and had movie marathons with lots of chips, chocolate, and ice cream nearly weekly. You stopped swimming when you finished Cadets, and didn’t replace that exercise with anything else. This is when it all began, the drifting I mean. Your body slowly got bigger and bigger, but instead of stopping, you just wore looser clothes.

I’m at fault because even after I realized how far we had drifted, I didn’t do anything about it. I just kept eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and did absolutely no exercise. Yea, I missed you, but I was being lazy. I didn’t want to put in the effort to fix things.

Well, today I’m writing to you to tell you that I will do anything, whatever it takes, to see you again. We shared some amazing years together, and I want that back. And I know that our reunion will be better than ever, because together, we will be unstoppable.

I’ll see you soon, I promise.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    @becomingbeautifultoday can you write me a letter too?
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    Options
    eccomi_qui wrote: »

haha I can try. I don't really know anything about you though haha
  • eccomi_qui
    Options

Just assume I am a terrible person with very few redeeming qualities but I am funny sometimes. Is that enough?
  • Eelkov
    Eelkov Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey past me... you are fat.
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    Options

Just assume I am a terrible person with very few redeeming qualities but I am funny sometimes. Is that enough?

Hahaha okay, this was hard…. And again, it’s brutal haha, but I went off what you said and improvised a little. Hope you get a laugh out of it!

Dear He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named,

Perhaps if you stopped obsessing over your socks so much, you could focus of becoming a better person. Seriously, put the socks down and go do something. Learn how to build something, or how to cook, then maybe you could be useful for once. I get it, you’re a little funny on occasion, but that doesn’t make up for you stealing peoples’ snacks, or taking advantage during Pokémon card trades.

So man up, set some goals to better yourself, and make them happen! And for the love of god, STOP putting pineapple on your pizza!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Stop smokin that *kitten* and use the money to get a gym membership dummy
  • eccomi_qui
    Options

Hahaha okay, this was hard…. And again, it’s brutal haha, but I went off what you said and improvised a little. Hope you get a laugh out of it!

Perhaps if you stopped obsessing over your socks so much, you could focus of becoming a better person. Seriously, put the socks down and go do something. Learn how to build something, or how to cook, then maybe you could be useful for once. I get it, you’re a little funny on occasion, but that doesn’t make up for you stealing peoples’ snacks, or taking advantage during Pokémon card trades.

So man up, set some goals to better yourself, and make them happen! And for the love of god, STOP putting pineapple on your pizza!

You destroyed a man today I hope you’re happy
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    Options

You destroyed a man today I hope you’re happy

hahaha sorry man, you asked for it :wink:
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    Don't eat that.
    Don't sleep with him.
    And for god's sake, get your head out of your *kitten*.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    "Don't Date Her"
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Don’t eat the pad Thai from that place without windows
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Don't fall for that *kitten*
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    don't do things that you will end up posting about on a thread called 'what would you tell your past self' in the year 2018
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    don't do things that you will end up posting about on a thread called 'what would you tell your past self' in the year 2018

hahahaha accurate!
  • porcelanmermaid
    porcelanmermaid Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    "You don't have to sleep with every guy who calls you pretty"
    "Stop taking diet pills honey you are 11. your heart cant handle them and they dont even work"
    "Don't drink whiskey"
  • eccomi_qui
    Options
    Dear 14 y.o V:

You’re 5’6 and maybe 130 pounds soaking wet. You’ve got peach fuzz on your lip. You’re a runt, you’re a pushover. It gets better, trust us but you know what - throw that punch.

See you on the other side.
  • eccomi_qui
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Don’t install tinder you’re going to bat .000