Any women trying to gain weight

13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    Hi everyone.
    Im also trying to gain weight, im about 7 stone the highest ive ever been lol and 5'4. Just wondering do you think i should take a weight gainer which has carbs protein and calories in. Or to take protein shakes? I cant decide because i am struggling to get my calories high everyday. Thanks!

You are better off making your own high calorie shake. Mass gainers are very poor quality and just loaded with dextrose and maltadextrin (fast metabolizing sugars) which often cause stomach issues.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Hi everyone.
    Im also trying to gain weight, im about 7 stone the highest ive ever been lol and 5'4. Just wondering do you think i should take a weight gainer which has carbs protein and calories in. Or to take protein shakes? I cant decide because i am struggling to get my calories high everyday. Thanks!

I use MyProtein whey isolate powder and mix with full fat milk- sometimes I add bananas and/or peanut butter to bump up the calories.
  • whitney12rodriguez
    whitney12rodriguez Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2017
    I make a morning shake: 1c of milk, 1c of oats, 3 eggs, 3 egg whites, 1 scoop of protein powder, and 1banana. You can add peanut butter. It taste like a banana shake and it's like 1,146 calories. I would prefer this to mass gainer any day. I hope this helps. I add a pic of the macros so you can see how many grams of protein, carbs, and fats. Of course it also depends on the brand of food you buy but it's a more or less. ylneqp6r7226.png
  • dmulkey68
    dmulkey68 Posts: 12 Member
    Yesssss!! Finally people who don’t want to lose weight! People look at me crazy when I say I’m trying to gain weight!! And I genuinely get offended lol! They have no clue the mental struggle someone who wants to gain weight but can’t go through! I’m 5’6 and I have recently gained 3lbs since I started at 123. I’m turning 30 in June and my target weight before then is between 140-145. Ultimately I would like to maintain my weight between 150-155. Anyone feel free to add me! I need the support of those who understand my struggle!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    dmulkey68 wrote: »
    Yesssss!! Finally people who don’t want to lose weight! People look at me crazy when I say I’m trying to gain weight!! And I genuinely get offended lol! They have no clue the mental struggle someone who wants to gain weight but can’t go through! I’m 5’6 and I have recently gained 3lbs since I started at 123. I’m turning 30 in June and my target weight before then is between 140-145. Ultimately I would like to maintain my weight between 150-155. Anyone feel free to add me! I need the support of those who understand my struggle!

Zombie thread from a year ago!

Lots of women on here gaining, though. Do you lift? 150-155 at 5'6" is on the high side. I'm 5'5"ish and bulking to 145 or so before cutting down.
  • julia_quezada
    julia_quezada Posts: 13 Member
    Does anyone else not like that fact that this app doesn't congratulate you when you gain weight only when you loose weight

Lol it actually congratulated me when I gained 7kg
  • yolliebear2017
    yolliebear2017 Posts: 1 Member
    I am doing the Bony to Bombshell program and it has been amazing. I have been with it for a year. I just posted my first transformation photo today on my status. Anyways good luck with everything.
  • PrincessSoraya27
    PrincessSoraya27 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm also trying to gain weight, gone from 105lbs to 148lbs in a couple of months. Fat of course but im happy with the way I look. I need to gain 18lbs more to finalise.