Eye opener

Options
I've been counting calories an trying my best to get healthy for almost a month now. I cut out sugar an white foods. I went brown an cut way down on carbs which are my weakness. I have not been hungry that is until last night. I went out with friends an ate 2 small pics of vege pizza with lite cheese. An hour after I ate I was starving. It was the bread crust it triggered my hunger. I never connected that until last nite. Eat clean, avoid sugar an eat luw carbs an u got this........

Replies

• bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Haha I get what you are saying. Sometimes I give in and have half a bagel for breakfast. It ALWAYS ends up being a mistake because 40 minutes after I eat I’m starving and craving everything! So even if something isn’t out of my calorie range I try to avoid foods that trigger me. Lol
  • dottyrainesimon
    dottyrainesimon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm so happy I figured that out. Dahhhhhh
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, but for me, it's sugar. Like I have sugar in my coffee every day the same amount always, but sometimes I'll have a cookie then I go into a sugar rush, and even when I know I'm not hungry I still want to eat more sweets, and that can last a couple of days, so most times I have to say no to even one cookie.

But I want to be an 80% healthy gluten-free clean eater.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Op, were you drinking alcohol? Cause that was probably the likely culprit.

When I eat carbs like pizza it fills me up and I do not get hungry again. So not sure if it’s just your reaction or a fluke.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I think OP also left out the possibility that over-restricting foods s/he enjoys, and/or perhaps over-restricting calories, creates a problem.

OP, if you're willing to "cut out sugar an white foods" and "go brown" forever, you've just had a useful insight. If you're not willing to eliminate those foods permanently, you might want to have a bit of a rethink.

Either way, wising you success and happiness!
    Exactly. My mom? She has done that and I can't remember a time in my 30 years that she has eaten much "white colored foods" and save for her occasional serving of gelato she eats "healthy/clean/whole foods". She has been able to maintain that and stay healthy physically.

I, on the other hand, love baking, generally prefer white rice to brown (though well cooked brown rice is really good), and have steadily lost or maintained my weight, give or take 10 pounds for over two years (which is as far back as I've tracked my weight with any frequency). When I am tracking my calories it's a matter of making sure I have room to eat whatever it is that I want to eat and potentially overestimating the calories if I'm eating something that I haven't prepared myself and isn't packaged. It just doesn't make sense, generally speaking, for me to say, "ok I need to cut out this large group of foods that I am not allergic, don't have a food intolerance to, or don't otherwise pose an undeniable risk to my health".

Of course I also say this after having just finished a late evening ride on the bike inside, partially because I needed to not risk getting out of the habit of my three times a week rides (yay base building...), partially because I had put today's ride off until today as opposed to Wednesday, and partially because I knew I'd be burning around 500 calories which allowed the cider I had this evening to fit quite neatly into my calorie budget for today.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    It's good that you're finding ways to make your diet work and keep you happy. :)

I, on the other hand, found that lack of carbs has that hunger effect on me. I eat oatmeal or an english muffin for breakfast because anything without carbs just doesn't keep me full. Throughout the day, I balance the rest of my meals with a nice variety of veggies, fruits, proteins, fats, sugar, and more carbs.

I focus on a variety of food that keep me full, happy, and as close to my calorie goal as possible. Definitely no restrictions unless it's just not worth the calories (for that day, anyway).
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Two slices? Not that many calories because ite cheese so low fat and minimal protein. Two macros lots of people find they need to not feel hungry two minutes later. Mystery solved. Not the white food (which is often no better or worse than "brown" food).
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Most Fridays I go to Blaze pizza and have my typical pepperoni veggie pizza with goat cheese. I EAT THE WHOLE PIZZA. I'm not starving 40 minutes later and I'm still within calorie range for the day.

OMG! I just discovered Blaze Pizza last night. I had an entire pizza for 660 calories! I had the craving for pizza and the calories to spend.... and it was GOOD!