Can you eat pizza with a fork?

Options

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I kinda giggle when people say I only use a fork when it is hot, like cutting off a bite with a fork and eating it makes it cooler.
    I almost always start off with a fork because it's too hot. Then end with picking it up when it cools. :) She will be fine either way.

@Timshel_ makes a good point. How does the fork help with hot pizza?
    Because you can cut a bite, blow on it and enjoy while the rest cools. Not to mention that it promotes slower eating, which is always a win!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    On the flip side, would you ask why if someone ate something with their hands that customarily was eaten with utensils? If somebody just scooped up a handful of pasta and ate it, or mashed potatoes.....would that lead to questions?

Well in the Philippines you may find people eat with their fingers alot. It is a strange sight, but not everyone can afford utensils. ;)
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Don't need to go to the Philippines to see that, can get the same sights in the Roberto Clemente Projects in the Bronx where I grew up ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My friend is going on a date and thinks she'll be made fun off if she uses a fork to eat her pizza. I think it won't be an issue.

What do you all think? Is it wrong to eat pizza with a fork?

vealhplzc5nw.jpg

Not wrong but not typical. I only do that if the pizza is thin and floppy.
    If she always eats pizza with a fork then she should do that. If someone would make fun of her over that then it says something about their character.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The moment pizza is pierced with a fork, it disappears. I'm sorry.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I like to chop it up and snort it. Unless it’s deep-dish. Then I use a spoon. And a lighter. And a little baking soda.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    If someone doesn't want to date you because you eat pizza with a fork, then that is a bullet well dodged.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Depends on the pizza...normally I wouldn't eat pizza with a knife and fork, but sometimes we get this combo that's called Greg's Albuquerque the Magazine Combo at our favorite pizza joint...it's piled with so many toppings that you pretty much have to eat it with a fork.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I kinda giggle when people say I only use a fork when it is hot, like cutting off a bite with a fork and eating it makes it cooler.
    I almost always start off with a fork because it's too hot. Then end with picking it up when it cools. :) She will be fine either way.

What I don't understand is if it's too hot to touch is it not too hot to eat?
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Whats worse is that I know its going to burn my mouth, but ...in it goes anyway.
  • Yolibeee
    Yolibeee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Only if it's deep dish and only if it's from Zachary's.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I've eaten pizza with a fork before if it's particularly messy or too thick or I need to keep my hands clean. Anyone that would make fun of someone on a date for anything would be someone I'd not want to date again. I might eat it with a fork just to weed out the a-holes.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Pizza with a knife and fork? Never.

A Snickers bar, however...

11934823_965010690279588_843875318_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIyNzA0MjQyNjQyMTUwODY4Mg%3D%3D.2
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Whats worse is that I know its going to burn my mouth, but ...in it goes anyway.

I hate it when I burn my mouth and then can't taste anything
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I love all you people with your “only if” stipulations as though that will have any impact on how I eat my pizza.

I don't give a fork. :smiley:
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    This NYer is highly offended by those who eat Pizza with a fork.

Pick it and fold it already and please DO NOT sop up the grease with a napkin either.