What was your first “I’m getting fat” realization?

Options

Replies

• JanesGame
    JanesGame Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My fat clothes suddenly became my normal clothes!
  • yorkyboy72
    yorkyboy72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Having to buy 40" waist trousers. That was enough.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I arrived when I was considering using the last hole on my belt
  • DanK1988
    DanK1988 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When my cousin told me I had the exact build of Haley Joel Osment in Entourage. So funny but it was true. I'm losing weight but we still refer to it.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Also forgot to add - snoring and getting diagnosed with sleep apnea.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    HDBKLM wrote: »
    cessi909 wrote: »
    @marykaylady2010: Yikes. Please proceed with caution with this guy. His comment is very much a red flag. Please don't normalize it.

I read it like he had an honest conversation with her and was very loving in what he said. I think a partner should be able to address weight gain that is causing physical attraction issues.

Not that it's up for a vote, but that's also how I interpreted it. The way it was shared in the post, at least, I got the impression that he was trying to share a specific concern that had negative potential for their relationship, and stressed that it didn't mean he'd stopped loving her. It's such dicey territory, isn't it, and I'm guessing he agonised over whether and how to say something before proceeding.

I think this would make an excellent thread. It seems it's hit a nerve with some of us. "How my weight affects my relationship with my partner?"
  • nirreha
    nirreha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for the first time in forever and picked up a few items in my usual size to try on, but couldn't actually get any of them on once I made it to the fitting room. Definitely an eye opener.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    bump
  • goalsforever03
    goalsforever03 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My kids asking if I have a baby in my belly
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    murp4069 wrote: »
    sdogg626 wrote: »
    It was always a photo caught me by surprise. My confidence has always been quite high, I used to joke that I had body promorphia in that I could always thought I looked better than I actually did.

Omg, I totally have this too but I always just called it "reverse body dysmorphia" lol. I always look great in my head and even fine in the mirror...but then I see a photo and I'm like woah, who is that fatty?! :D

This is so me!!

Me too.