Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    @crazykatlady820 What a difference! That is really amazing and I can't wait to start seeing those changes myself. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    ku1980rose wrote: »
    I made it! Didn't drink last night and am going to make it to the end of the month!!

• Alzzi76
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »
    On day 28 of not drinking. I can't drink right now even if I wanted to because I'm on antibodies from oral surgery that I had on Thursday. I'm surprised that I don't miss it.

well done for going that long! ... Wish u speedy recovery.. B)o:)
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I just happened to be scrolling through my pics today when I came across that picture and I couldn't believe how miserable I looked. So, I had to make a comparison collage because that's not even me anymore. I remember taking that pic (but had forgotten about it) because I wanted to remember what it felt like to live the life I had been living, a life of just existing.

Congratulations to the new you. You now look so ALIVE.
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Thank you guys! I just happened to be scrolling through my pics today when I came across that picture and I couldn't believe how miserable I looked. So, I had to make a comparison collage because that's not even me anymore. I remember taking that pic (but had forgotten about it) because I wanted to remember what it felt like to live the life I had been living, a life of just existing.

Congratulations to the new you. You now look so ALIVE.

Agree totally!!.. you also look well now. Im so happy for u. <3
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    bdbchick wrote: »
    On day 28 of not drinking. I can't drink right now even if I wanted to because I'm on antibodies from oral surgery that I had on Thursday. I'm surprised that I don't miss it.

well done for going that long! ... Wish u speedy recovery.. B)o:)

Thank you!
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    @NormInv That was wonderful and really hit home for me. Thanks!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Neither of these photos are especially flattering, but I wanted to share them anyway. I tried to take them from the same angle for a better comparison. The bottom one was taken 108 days ago and the top one today. That bottom pic was my day one of being sober and almost 40 pounds ago. It was my rock bottom. Today's pic? That's the girl I've been searching for this past decade. That's me sober, happy, and full of possibility. And it's still just the beginning.
    hmdspi7b1bp8.jpg

Seriously amazing, you look so much happier now :heart:
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    I caught this thread just today, but I quit all alcohol on 1-1 and haven't touched any since. I feel better, sleep better and have lost 12 pounds (along with diet and exercise). I plan to go at least until 3-1. Unfortunately I've replaced alcohol with Coke Zero, so one vice at a time !

So happy for you! Very impressive! We will start a February thread this week with the same name basically. Check back often. We would love to have you share what worked for you. How did you get by those first few weeks ?
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,170 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    @NormInv That was wonderful and really hit home for me. Thanks!

I agree! I liked reading the article. I was quite similar to her. I would watch my friend drink her wine, and think why is she drinking so slow. I better slow down. I should have had a glass before she came to the restaurant. I remember thinking why can't I just sip and find one glass enough. My friend always stops at one. And I'd come home and have two more.
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    @NormInv That was a great story, I never thought I would be continuing into February, but I am ready.
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »

Thanks Buddie, that really helps. It's an incredible story and an inspiration.