Dry January!

Options

Replies

• thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Day 24 done (minus 2 days of planned occasions and 1 slip-up). So that's 21/24 days. Still proud of me! Going to continue it into February while working in a few pre-planned social drink meetups.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oops, still dry, just very very busy, so haven't posted much...crazy busy month at my church and also helping with a Race challenge here, so a bit tapped out there (between working out and posting stuff for it). Too busy to drink at this point. I may try to stay dry after January and only indulge during special events. Right now, the cravings have been minimal this year. Probably because I'm just so busy (by the time I think about a glass of wine or something, I'm too tired and lazy to act on it).

Though tomorrow I fly to my mom's and usually wine is the way I survive any time with her. Should be interesting this trip...I'm feeling many walks in my near future.

Kudos to all still hanging tough! Big hugs for y'all with the crazy temptations and still hanging tough! Way to kick off the year, and take some control back in your lives! :)
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Normally have my 4yo stay with me every other w/end, but ex had to swap so have free weekend and whilst bored at work caught myself planning where I could go out and who I could coax out with me - Ooops!! Luckily didn't get as far as actually making plans with anyone but was just so natural that had nothing to do Fri/Sat night so I would be going out drinking. Will just have to find something else to keep me busy!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    @dkabambe : Nice job redirecting yourself. That's how it's done!

At a certain age, I transitioned away from just planning nightlife in bars and restaurants. It gets pretty repetitive after a while. Don't know where you live, but there is always real fun to be had somewhere!
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I think it was just so rare for me to actually have a free weekend evening (let alone two) that I just went into auto-pilot Have to admit that before I caught myself I was really looking forward to a decent pint of beer! Anyway, I'm sure I'll find alternate entertainment.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    dkabambe wrote: »
    I think it was just so rare for me to actually have a free weekend evening (let alone two) that I just went into auto-pilot Have to admit that before I caught myself I was really looking forward to a decent pint of beer! Anyway, I'm sure I'll find alternate entertainment.

Well, I do like a decent pint of beer... I wish it liked me back!

I also have some freedom this weekend and no real plans. It's been a ridiculously stressful week. I'm asking myself: what's that (healthy) thing I've always wanted to do?
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Still dry despite being at my mom's. One more day to go here and I am to meet up with some buddies...at least it is for lunch so less likely to drink. And good thing I fly home in the morning on Sunday else I'd be tempted to get my usual drink at the airport. The end is in sight, but considering staying mostly dry even after the month is over.
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am interested in Dry February ... it's great to check in and read others' experiences -- During the last 20 years I have gone AF for as much as a month, but never more, so I will be on new ground. My personal challenge is 90 days, with a view to 6 months, with a view to AF altogether, because I think it will improve my quality of life immensely.
  • eddie_fields
    eddie_fields Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am definitely interested in Dry February as well. I am a teacher and my ultimate goal is making it to spring break the first week of April. But the day by day check in on a dry month thread is great motivation for me.
  • lanzerco67
    lanzerco67 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Keeping it dry until my birthday on Feb 17, on which day I will show alcohol just who's the boss. After that I'll do dry weekdays through Lent, which should be a breeze compared to this!
  • karengineer
    karengineer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll join you over on the dry Feb challenge. I'm 2.5 weeks dry. Made it through the weekend visiting with family. Lots of hanging out, playing cards with lots of wine poured. I stuck with my Perrier! It's getting easier and I'm feeling great!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ouch, I am sopping wet.