JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 hope all goes well, thinking of you❤️.

Drink water-64oz min.
    Track all my meals today with a focus on reduced carbs/increased protein. So far, so good. Definitely impacting my binge tendencies.
    20 min walk with dog in park-too cold!.
    Start chili & freeze some for the weekend.
    Read today's Simple Abundance.
    Afternoon, meditate 25 mins.
    10pm bedtime-remind myself how good I feel the next day.
    Continue reading "New Book Of Lifting For Women"-the chapter I'm on talks about breaking down nutrition and quotes a lot of interesting studies.
    Based on what I've read, I'd like to transition to eating more grass fed meats/eggs/dairy for the heslthy omega 3s. Also, a friend is going to show me how to make homemade yogurt. Adding a 1/3 cup of nuts everyday to one of my snack times. Double my fish oil intake.
    Prep paint class today/tomorrow to eliminate stress on weekend.
    Try on son's hockey skates for Saturday. Yikes!

Weighed today 202.
    GW: 150
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm going to use this as my monthly as well as my weekly. I don't figure it's worth doing this again tomorrow morning.

Weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight for the year Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish
    Progress so far:
    Jan 31 170.4
    Jan 24 172.2
    Jan 17 175.4
    Jan 10: 174.8
    Jan 3: 176.0

January goals
    Under 175. Less would be better but I'm aiming low as I have a couple of birthdays. ✅
    Finish Mark's quilt and mail off.✅
    Medication on track. I tend to forget a dose when unscheduled things pop up and then don't feel well.➖ as much as possible as I ended up actually sick
    Continue, from before seasonal challenges, decluttering entry.❌ sick and trying to not be
    Accountability.✅

February goals
    Under 168
    Medication on track. I tend to forget a dose when unscheduled things pop up and then don't feel well.
    Studio twice+ /week
    Finish bags
    Work on pink/blue quilt, hopefully borders finished quilting
    Declutter entry
    Accountability
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    So, i walked all over the school this morning, and will be for the next few days, delivering testing passes. I'm thinking i may skip swimming.
    the husband says i still have to swim.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Check this out for a transformation!

0tpaldz9l7jz.jpeg

exc8n6qjq5i7.jpeg

Wowie Zowie! That's a huge difference! Hope you and your kiddos can get lots of enjoyment from your "new" space.

@Bex953172 that is an amazing transformation! What did you use to get the algae off the stones?? Your back yard reminds me of scenes from Coronation Street. When I visit my family in Canada, we have to watch it. I'm a bit of a fan, but I gave fallen way behind! Enjoy the new space. Your girls will have lots of fun there.

I did it all with a pressure washer!
    The whole thing lol! Just blasted the gunk off and hen directed it all to the drain!
    Did require a very lengthy shower as I got a lot of it on me.

My partner wants to go over it with yard disinfectant though just to be sure lol!
    I've seen the sheet/pillowcase combo...never think to try it...thanks for the reminder!

You lot sleep weird. :lol:

Had to read a couple of times but yes I get it haha
    Thought back to the time I went to America for holidays when I was younger and I do rememver the extra sheet!
    Yep we just have bottom sheet and duvet. But sometimes we put “throw cushions” on haha
    And also a quilt to drape over the end of the bed. But that’s purely decoration not for any sort of practical use haha

And I suppose your sleeping pillows are square?

No rectangle!! Who has square sleeping pillows! Sounds awful lol :lol:

The Belgians for one, lol! It was so weird at first. You can buy them in the States...they are called European pillows.[/quote]

Hahaha I feel like you’re having me on!!
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    JFT WEDNESDAY RECORD
    1. stick to calorie goal :)
    2. Join gym :)
    3. Go for a swim and sauna :)
    4. Metafit class :)

I’d forgotten how amazing swimming can feel- completely lost myself in it and well under my calorie goal after all this exercising. I’m currently aiming for 1lb loss a week but wondering about sometimes aiming to eat 500 calories under my goal- to make me at the 2lb week loss range, but without the pressure of always aiming for this which comes from changing calorie goal formally. Oh decisions decisions!

JFT THURSDAY GOALS
    1. stick to calorie goal
    2. Go to gym or swim in morning
    3. Go to yin yoga
    4. Go to Ashtanga yoga
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in

Starting weight Jan 1, 2017: 217
    Starting weight Jan 1, 2018: 195.
    1st Goal weight:175
    2nd goal weight: 170
    (5'11" tall, 66 years old)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8
    November 1: 187.7
    December 1: 187.0

2018:
    January 1, 2018: 194.5
    Feb 1, 2018: 190.6

Jan 6 195.5
    January 13: 193.8
    January 20: 192.4
    January 27: 191.6
    January 31: 190.6

These were my January goals
    1. Lose 3 pounds - goal weight 191 :):) 190.6!!
    2. 8 glasses of water at least 5x a week :) Even though the past week I've been slacking, I am doing so much better! That red cup has really helped me!
    3. log all food at least 5x a week :)
    4. exercise at least 5x a week :)
    5. gratitude journal at least 5x a week :/:/ Need to work on this. My problem is I am so busy during the day, and evenings I want to sew until I am exhausted, and ready for bed!
    6. get on here everyday to be accountable :)

Goals for February, 2018
    1. Lose 3 pounds - goal weight of 187.6 (Trying to get back to where I was last October :s )
    2. concentrate on 8 glasses of water, at least 5x a week
    3. get on here everyday - be accountable
    4. weigh every saturday - and post on here - the good or the bad
    5. work on gratitude journal
    6. try and declutter the guest room closet, and my sewing room closet

Borrowed from several another MFP posters:
    If I don't do what I can today, I won't be able to do what I want tomorrow.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @cory17 - good for you for signing up for a marathon! Great goal to have!

@bcTRAI - great job at meeting your January goals!!!

@toaljasa-- This year as I felt the need to really work on getting healthy, the phrase that came to me was "stand firm." When obstacles that are trying to derail me from reaching my goal arise (and of course they will) stand firm. This has been helpful in battling temptations and has empowered me to stay strong. If/when I stumble I will get right back up and again I will stand firm.
    I LOVE THIS!!! I will have to remember it also -- to stand firm!

@Saragirl2 - thank you for the protein pancakes! THis weekend I am going to try them! I am also trying to up my protein - so far, I am up to around 100 gms of protein. And like you, I noticed that my cravings are not nearly as bad ... but I know I need to be better getting my water in!

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Chill out :) I managed to get one whole load of laundry done today without breaking into full blown body sweats and getting faint. Yay :D
    3. Month end, unfortunately even though I'm not working this still needs to be done so a quick stop after close. I don't want to get anyone else sick. :) hubby drove me into town
    4. Brush and floss :)
    5. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Trim furnace filters (wouldn't you think they'd make furnaces and filters that fit together?) I will be wearing a mask.
    3. Chill out
    4. Studio time, if I am able
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30

PROTEIN POWDER There was a commercial on TV today for boost protein powder with no additives or fillers. I wondered if that wouldn't be awesome for many of us. Has anyone seen it in stores yet?
    @joan6630 Way to go on your January goals too. We CAN do this!