JFT 2-3
    no pop
    log food
    feb. challange
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @Faebert That is an awesome cake! Did you use fondant? and, if so, did you make the icing yourself? Way to go either way. Great job!

Thanks @bcTRAI! The ‘box’ is a normal homemade sponge (one layer choc, one layer vanilla) with fondant icing that i bought. But the ‘pizza’ is actually a homemade biscuit (cookie) that I then used a mix of glacé icing, white chocolate and coloured fondant to decorate.

The little one has just seen it and is happy so worth the effort! And I squeezed in a workout before she got up - phew! X

Side pic here
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    The pizza cake!

That cake is amazing! You are very talented! It looks absolutely delicious! And good for you about the workout! I've been to the gym 5 days this week so I dont know if I want to take a day off or not.

The DH has to run to his job today even though he's off and wants me to go with him, but it's a half an hour away so maybe I will. I dont know yet. Lol. I have a kind of full day, but if I rearrange my schedule and dont go to the gym it should be feasible. Lol. I actually slept to my alarm this morning! It was only set for 6:30 but that's the latest I've slept in about two weeks, so it was pretty nice. It's absolutely freezing here this morning so I was curled up under my heated blanket all night and boy was it comfy! Lol. I'd be curled up under it now sitting on the couch but I'd have to move my DH and he's sound asleep so I'll just suffer. Last night was the first time in 4 days that he hasn't snored all night and the cat wasn't too much of a jerk so I actually got a pretty good nights sleep. I felt pretty amazing when I woke up. Lol

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I'm not quite death warmed over at this point so if I'm still OK it'll mean back to work. The first day back will be a shorter day so at least I can ease back into it a little and spend time in the office rather than on the floor. Then hopefully it will continue along the same vein.

I'm glad you aren't feeling as bad as you have been the last few days but still take it easy. Try not to do too much. Lol. What kind of store do you run? It sounds like you're a manager.

I hope you keep feeling better!
  • CHAMM014
    CHAMM014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am coming in a little late, so doing a little catch up.
    Goals for Feb.
    - Loose 6 lbs
    - Log meals each day (be honest)
    - Drink 8 glasses of water/day
    - Exercise 5x week for 60 min/day
    - Daily Devotional
    - Write in Gratitude Journal every day
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @CHAMM014 Welcome! This is a great group! Those goals look very doable!
  • CHAMM014
    CHAMM014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    JFT 2/3

- meal planning for next week
    - pre-make some meals
    - inventory freezer and clean out old stuff
    - log meals
    - drink 8 glasses
    - clean bedding and find alternative for geriatric cat sleeping under my covers.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @sarah74_vt What do you make in your shop? Is it an Etsy shop?
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 LOL I will never visit the U.K. in March :wink: dechox-that would be too painful for me. I swear I eat some form of chocolate everyday.

Drink water-64oz min.
    Track all my meals today with a focus on reduced carbs/increased protein-still a challenge but easier when I preplan.
    Pack protein bar & apple in bag as we're going to Y today. DD has swimming so I will do weights while there.
    20 min walk with dog in local park. The wind chill is too cold for me so it's short.
    Read today's Simple Abundance-way behind on this but it always keeps me grounded.
    Meditate 25 mins.
    Double fish oil & take echinacea.
    Read for 15 mins "New Book Of Lifting for Women".
    Pack canvases & paints/brushes for tomorrow afternoon.
    Double check Sunday School story details-helps eliminate stress by not rushing Sunday am! It's the Good Samaritan which is one of my favorites.
    Aim for 10pm bedtime.
    Update on my Chiropractor visits-it's not for everyone but my shoulder & hip have stopped hurting. My stiffness is only occurring in evening. I'm not sore when I wake up. I knew I was sore, but didn't realize how bad it was and I would just pop ibuprofen throughout the day. I'm not "cracking" as much compared to the first week when she does the adjustment. I'll be down to 1x a week soon.

Attended a wake last night for a student's parent who had lost their battle with addiction. Broke my heart. I keep wishing there was someone to blame for robbing this child of their parent's presence. I have to remind myself to live each day to its fullest & be compassionate.

Have a great weekend JFTs!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    JFT, Friday
    1. go to the gym :/ Feel like I coming down with something .... slept until 11:30 am!!!! ANd then another 2 hr nap in the afternoon!!!
    2. go and pick up charity fabric to sew chemo hats! :):) More beautiful knits for the chemo hats! Cut out enough to sew up 25 hats! Now, I just have to stop on the quilt, and work on charity sewing !
    3. concentrate on drinking water -- remember what that red cup is for! :/ Not so good with this yesterday.
    4. PLAN 2 DINNERS worth of meals!! :/
    5. get back to organizing! I have not done any of this this week. Start with just the linen closet :):):) It was a stressful day yesterday ... but instead of turning to food, I turned to cleaning! I cleaned the linen closet, cleaned and organized the guest room closet (something I had been dreading even starting, and cleaned my sewing room!)) Felt good, and a great way to relieve stress! Have to remember this!
    6. read my response cards 5x :/
    7. get back on here - be accountable. :)

JFT, Sat
    1. resting, as feel like I am coming down with something! Hubby is having minor throat surgery next wednesday, so we can't get sick! So taking it easy
    2. work on sewing chemo hats. THey are all cut out ....
    3. clean house - scrub floors, dust
    4. work on those last few blocks of quilt
    5. start cutting up the big box of scrap fabric I have -- organize it
    6. remember water --- reminder of what the red cup is for
    7. try and plan 2 dinners with what I have in freezer
    8. get back on here .... be accountable
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What kind of store do you run? It sounds like you're a manager.
    I work in a specialty education supply/toy store. Nope, not the manager. Though I do a lot of things a manager should be doing. My job mostly entails computer work which I do while standing at a monitor on the floor so I can help customers if necessary. The employees have an agreement that if a person is under the weather we figure out something for them to do sitting in the office and I can always do my job in there.

@Bex953172 Dechox sounds doable. At least it's not in February. :D
    CHAMM014 wrote: »
    find alternative for geriatric cat sleeping under my covers.
    Good luck wth that. I find my cat sleeps where my cat wants to sleep. As an example, yesterday I stripped the bed, took the sheets to the washer, and before I got back to the bed she was curled up asleep in the middle of it.

@Saragirl2 I need to dig out my Simple Abundance book and have another look. It's been years.

@joan6630 Yes, do take care of yourselves. Stress,winter, and germs make for a great party apparently. Hugs for you and hubby. I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday.

@acrylicfox @eminater Welcome to this great, busy, supportive group of people.
  • wilsonkegler
    wilsonkegler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not going back for that extra spoonful of peanut butter tonight.
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 sorry choc free March is not for me...I’ll cheer you on from the sidelines though!
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    JFT SATURDAY RECORD
    1. stick to calorie goal :)
    2. Go to yoga class :)
    3. Go for swim and sauna :)

JFT SUNDAY GOALS
    1. stick to calorie goal
    2. Go to gym

Tomorrow going to be a challenge as out for lunch and not sure where I’m going to fit a gym visit in...
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister I love your post about how some people are just d*cks. So much truth in what you said! Don't give them enough power to ruin your day. (Easier said than done, I know, but I had to make a conscious decision to do that every single day at my last job!)

@Bex953172 4 weeks!! Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you! It also makes my heart feel good to hear you say how you are in so much better of a place than you were! Last year I was on here posting a lot of weight loss goals (which I totally failed at) but the one thing I did manage to get healthier is my mental and spiritual status. So, I figure 2018 will be the year to get physically fit! Hugs to you, my friend!

@Faebert Love the pizza cake!!! What a great job you did on that. My grandkids would love that. Thanks for sharing!

@joan6630 You inspire me every single day. I just want to say hi and send hugs your way.

@Saragirl2 I'm re-reading Simple Abundance again this year. I find that book helps me look at things through different eyes and brings me so much clarity as to what is really important in life. I have found that even though I just finished reading it, I'm picking up things I had forgotten about since I read the daily reading a year ago. Love that book.

@HGSmith0920 I love hearing you sound so happy! It puts a smile on my face hearing about your days. xoxo

@cschmitz110515 I don't know about you, but I miss Packer Sundays... :smiley: Winter just sucks the life out of me without it! We need to go to playoffs next year and extend the season.