Keto and Intermittent fasting is working!

Options
mbjo
mbjo Posts: 17 Member
I’m 61 and it’s been years since I’ve been able to budge the scale. I was introduced to Keto late in 2017 and lost 10 pretty quickly, to my surprise and delight! Kept it off over Christmas. This month (Jan 2018) was a on plateau until I added intermittent fasting (no food between 6:30-7pm until 9:30-10am) and the numbers are quickly moving south again! So happy!

Replies

• rgcmsg
    rgcmsg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I'm beginning today so getting this tip is great.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Awesome! i am thinking of trying this soon!!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    The initial water weight loss as a result of switching to keto can be a great motivator - but keep in mind it will return as soon as you reintroduce carbs to your diet.

Keto and IF aren't a magic bullet, but if they're helping you keep at a calorie deficit and you enjoy this way of eating, go for it!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Munchberry wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    jazzb9363 wrote: »
    Man, why are people so threatened by the keto way of eating? Telling people to pull their heads out of their a $$es? Are you afraid? People on keto and IF are losing weight and feeling great and you tell them it's not real or not magical? No-one said it's magical. Eating at a calorie deficit isn't magical either. And eating at a calorie deficit never helped me in the past. I just felt deprived. Now, I eat. Good food. Wholesome food, and I don't go hungry. I've lost weight, I've lost inches. My blood sugar came down. My blood pressure came down.

With a calorie deficit, but still eating carbs, I had high blood pressure, high blood sugar. I became a diabetic. Now, I control my blood sugar without meds. I control my blood pressure without meds. And I need to get my head out of my @$$?! Try again.

Exactly! I honestly believe the "magical" aspect of Keto is reduction in cravings/hunger. Anyone can lose weight on a calorie restricted diet, but the person that doesn't feel like they want to eat the world and can maintain. Why can't some people just accept that keto works for a lot of people, so to each his own.

That’s what many people seem to miss. We don’t care that people do it and are glad to to see that something works for people. The reason people get defensive is because people spread misinformation about keto and IF. No matter the diet, it all boils down to the calories.

With the spread of misinformation people wind up trying these diets and then end up over eating and not losing at all.

I wholeheartedly support any and all safe diets that allow people to feel good and reach their goals.

I personally reach all of my goals by doing flexible dieting. I’m currently sitting in camp eating carb loaded chocolate chip cookies. With no detriment to my goals. Not feeling restricted or starved in anyway.

It isn't all about calories. It is about insulin.

If you don't care how others lose and keep off weight WHY diss them so hard? Maybe you are the misinformed one. How's calorie restriction working for the vast amount of people out there?

Wrong. Insulin CANNOT create energy from nothing or make ingested energy just *poof* disappear. So yeah it is all about calories!

rgfgdocud9hb.gif