What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Its Saturday, and I'm up at the butt-crack of dawn. WHY won't they just let me sleep?!

Maybe I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Naps? I slept til 7!!!
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Saturday is here :)
  • mybfisred
    edited February 2018
    Options
    mybfisred wrote: »
    Saturday is here :)

Aww man! Saturday was just here...give it back

And I'm keeping him ...he's mine
  • mybfisred
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Is there anything such as a real relationship anymore? Or is it all fake?

Good question

Cause even on here tons of people in relationships or married.. flirting and doing mfp "relationships" ...does that take away from the realness of their real life relationships?
  • mybfisred
    Options

Good question

Cause even on here tons of people in relationships or married.. flirting and doing mfp "relationships" ...does that take away from the realness of their real life relationships?

I think if their spouse knows and is fine with it then it doesn't take anything away from the "realness."

...but I doubt that's generally the case.

Fine with "mfp" relationships or just flirting

But ya pretty sure that's rare if truly ever the scenario
  • mybfisred
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

I wonder about this a lot. I know I don't want to get married, but sometimes wonder if I really ever want another relationship. We live in an age when people just don't ever seem to be satisfied

I'm in the same thought process as you right now...i won't ever remarry ...but do I even ever want a relationship ...
    It’s easy to let it all get to your head. Best thing you can do is take it all lightly. After all reality in this sense is truly subjective.

I think we mean real relationships in this case ...yes "mfp" relationships are or should not be taken seriously in that way...but I brought it up as a point to say they are going behind the spouses back...so does that take away from their real relationship...does it make them "fake"
  • Viking_Batman
    Viking_Batman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    whats on my mind? the number one anxiety favourite......the future.
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wondering why my life is sooo boring lmao.
  • WhisperingNighthawk
    WhisperingNighthawk Posts: 138 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

I wonder about this a lot. I know I don't want to get married, but sometimes wonder if I really ever want another relationship. We live in an age when people just don't ever seem to be satisfied

I'm in the same thought process as you right now...i won't ever remarry ...but do I even ever want a relationship ...
    It’s easy to let it all get to your head. Best thing you can do is take it all lightly. After all reality in this sense is truly subjective.

I think we mean real relationships in this case ...yes "mfp" relationships are or should not be taken seriously in that way...but I brought it up as a point to say they are going behind the spouses back...so does that take away from their real relationship...does it make them "fake"

I think anyone here who tries to strike up a relationship with another at mfp must not be completely happy, thus adding to their 'real' relationship (of course, only in their mind, since their partner doesn't even know about mfp). You start really caring about them and of course you have no idea they are even in a 'real life' relationship. Long story, short: they have the best of both worlds, their rl partner gives them what you CAN'T and you give them what their rl partner WON'T. In other words: you're being played, said person cares nothing about you.

Disclaimer: just an observation

Eta: You're right, NEVER take MFP relationships seriously.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I came back after a week to see everyone is behind bars and there are 476 new posts in the selfie thread. Things must be running smoothly around here.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I came back after a week to see everyone is behind bars and there are 476 new posts in the selfie thread. Things must be running smoothly around here.

Ha. You can't take breaks

You = not my supervisor
  • mybfisred
    Options

Good question

I think if their spouse knows and is fine with it then it doesn't take anything away from the "realness."

...but I doubt that's generally the case.

Fine with "mfp" relationships or just flirting

But ya pretty sure that's rare if truly ever the scenario

I think if you're in a relationship where you're very open about your desires and it's something that you engage in together, with no secrets, then it's fine, no matter what it is (obviously within reason).

But I agree with other posts that seeing it so often and so openly when you know it's being done behind their spouses backs makes you question the nature and stability of certain marriages.

But then again, some ppl don't view engaging in mfp relationships or heavy flirting as wrong, and maybe their spouse doesn't either, or just doesn't care about it.

You never know what a relationship is truly like if you're not a part of it.

100% agree ...you never know (Not just with in relationships) what others are dealing with
  • Nicole15502017
    Nicole15502017 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wondering when it's going to finally warm up and stop snowing....
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    @Caporegiem is a crazy huggable meshuggener who bearhugs the hugest most thuggish hiphugger-wearing chugalugs