Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Day 33 dry. Had a fun evening with friends. Went to a bar for drinks and appetizers. Felt fine just drinking club soda, of course:)
    Then went to hear an 80s band and friends continued to have more drinks. Must say that I felt a little left out not drinking but had no temptation to drink. It just felt a little awkward, so instead, I danced a ton to the music.
    Afterwards, the gang went to another bar and I came home. I know I will feel so wonderful tomorrow morning when i wake up. Have coffee , exercise and relax in the morning. No regrets at all not drinking, but I can see why people start to limit going out to bars when they're sober. It just feels different. Xo

But at least you danced a ton! :)
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Wow, this has been amazing for my weight loss, amazing, I am need to do the whole month now
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @Norminv, you had us going.. for a second! Ha ha. Haven't had that in awhile. Added another option to the list...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    eminater wrote: »
    Wow, this has been amazing for my weight loss, amazing, I am need to do the whole month now

Awesome. I'm hoping it will be good for mine as well. The menopot MUST GO. lol
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get way more done not drinking my life away!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm a recovering addict. I used to drink to replace my DOC. I don't even like to drink, but it's my replacement. I haven't touched my DOC in over a decade. Yay! But I have relied on alcohol over that period from time to time. At my worst I drank everyday a whole bottle or even two of wine. My divorce was the black hole that sucked me in. Breakups always kill me...happy to report I'm single for 6 years and I stay away from men. Yes, relationships with men are what trigger my relapses so sadly they had to go. Lol

I was training for a half marathon (cuz addicts don't do that) and still drinking that much daily!!! I have no clue how I did it, but most my daily calories were alcohol & I somehow lived & reached my goal weight & completed the half marathon. Wow!

Fast forward to today. I have almost stopped drinking. I will admit I only drink when in a social setting. Which is usually only once every other month (6 times a year...been on this routine for 2 years) I cut myself off at 3. Alcohol wasn't my DOC so I guess that's why I have been able to do that. Not saying other addicts can do this, but to me I hate how I feel after just 2 or 3 drinks I remind myself of that at parties & social settings. Progress right...

I'm training for another half marathon and this time doing it without all the drinking.

You are in an inspiration! xo