Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• runtodayamyrun
    runtodayamyrun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Before I met you, a big part of my daily and weekly routine was planning my booze:

Wonder how much vodka I have left in the fridge
    Do I have enough olive brine
    Should I stop at the liquor store on my way home. But I was there just the day before and the check out lady was being too friendly for my taste. She pretended I was an acquaintance
    Maybe I go to the other store today.. But traffic....
    Do I have enough for 3 doubles. What if I need a 4th
    Yes I know I'm getting fat but I workout
    My doctor will never know

Yes I was having alcohol problems

I think this speaks volumes to a lot of us who have had these same thoughts. Thanks for writing them out for us to reflect on!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @Alzzi76, for me it is this time of year in the northeast USA where it is cold out and I am finding I am inside too much because of winter. I started having cabin fever well before I quit drinking. I am sure my body is healing after what I did to it with the drinking so much. Maybe it is the same for you? Just something to think on. Maybe you are feeling that way because of the toxin release, too?
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    @Alzzi76 There are no dumb questions here but if you prefer not to share, simply google whatever your concern is. I am certain it is out there on the internet somewhere. Good luck <3
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @Alzzi76 - I also find myself wanting to be a little less social. It's not easy for me to be in big groups of people and even harder when most of them are drinking and I am not. Most of my social situations revolve around, or at least include, alcohol. I think it may take a little time to adjust to this for me. I also have been finding myself seeking out more social opportunities that do not involve alcohol.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Before I met you,

Yes I was having alcohol problems

You are AWESOME. Big hug!

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have got to kick the doggone chocolate habit!!! Uuugggghhhh!!!!
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm a recovering addict. I used to drink to replace my DOC. I don't even like to drink, but it's my replacement. I haven't touched my DOC in over a decade. Yay! But I have relied on alcohol over that period from time to time. At my worst I drank everyday a whole bottle or even two of wine. My divorce was the black hole that sucked me in. Breakups always kill me...happy to report I'm single for 6 years and I stay away from men. Yes, relationships with men are what trigger my relapses so sadly they had to go. Lol

I was training for a half marathon (cuz addicts don't do that) and still drinking that much daily!!! I have no clue how I did it, but most my daily calories were alcohol & I somehow lived & reached my goal weight & completed the half marathon. Wow!

Fast forward to today. I have almost stopped drinking. I will admit I only drink when in a social setting. Which is usually only once every other month (6 times a year...been on this routine for 2 years) I cut myself off at 3. Alcohol wasn't my DOC so I guess that's why I have been able to do that. Not saying other addicts can do this, but to me I hate how I feel after just 2 or 3 drinks I remind myself of that at parties & social settings. Progress right...

I'm training for another half marathon and this time doing it without all the drinking.

You are in an inspiration! xo

Thank you for sharing. It is very inspirational! I have never been on any marathon. Maybe you lit a spark for me to do one in the future. :) Good luck and enjoy your next marathon!!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of 5 here. I’m really finding Annie Grace’s daily emails and videos are pretty thought provoking. I am really enjoying them.
    So I use to log my food most days but would stop after lunch. I rarely logged dinner because I knew with it and the liquor I’d always be over. Today I’ve logged my whole day and I am over by 237 calories. Now think back when I would have drank probably 500 calories and then eat crap right before I went to bed. No wonder I can’t loose any weight

yeah I was easy drinking 500 a day