God help me - Dr. Oz and the ACV “ detox overload” diet plan

Options
I’m home from work today and saw that Dr. Oz had a segment on ACV and weigh loss today. I don’t normally watch him, as I work during the day, but had to watch since I’ve never understood why so many people come on MFP asking about ACV.

Some “expert” is talking right now about how her ACV plan will help with “toxic overload” issues...you know you have it when you have bloating and weight gain.

No mention of what toxins are overloading our systems...no mention of any science about how ACV eliminates these toxins. And not one question from Dr. Oz asking about the science or peer reviewed studies that back any of this up.

Jesus, now I understand how all these posters come in asking about ACV and weight loss. How is this man allowed to promote this kind of crap and lend the credibility of his medical degree to that?

Rant over - for now - LOL

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Ugh... my aunt is trying to follow a diet along with me, but I'm doing better than her at sticking with it and she's not counting calories like I am. Today, she mentioned ACV and how I should try it because it's so good for you, etc. I told her what people say about it here and she says she's still doing it. I don't understand. WHY DRINK VINEGAR? WHY?

Cognitive dissonance I suppose. A friend of mine was going to spend a month eating 500cal a day because she wanted to drop weight for a VIP meet and greet with her favourite singer. Even after explaining how bad it was going to be for her, her reply was the same "I'm doing it anyway". Thankfully she didn't last more than a few days and gave up the idea, but still.