The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I think that I am going to have to re-evaluate my goals. This plateau is terrible....and long lasting. I've been stuck now for over a month. Back and forth from 126ish to 128ish.

I am hoping for a better upcoming week. This week, I had one or two days that were over in calories. Plus, I had less days of exercise. And...I can't seem to mentally accept that I can lose more weight by slightly increasing my calories. Combined, I'm just not feeling like I did very well (even though it really wasn't THAT bad). Does that even make sense.

I just received my Turbo Fire. Planning to start that on Monday, in addition to my current Butt Bible routine. This is my plan for the next 12 weeks. Then....I think I may buy a weight set....or join a gym. If those things don't work....well I just don't know what I will do.

Weekly weight is due tomorrow. See you then!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!
    Thought I'd check in before I went to the gym this morning......
    My weight is up....not sure if this is due to TOM or my not so great week.....

Weight-132.2 (up 1lb)
    Waist-26 1/2
    Hips-36 3/4
    Bust-32 3/4
    Leg-20 1/2
    Arms-10 1/2
    Lower Abs-30 3/4

So my inches have finally started to decrease after doing the 30day shred for 26days (thought I was never going to lose anything). I have only gained weight on the program, which does not make me happy, but if I lose some inches within the next couple of days I'll be happy. Only 4days left.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oopsy, forgot to put my workouts:

Monday-30day Shred Arms and Legs
    Tuesday-30Day Shred Arms and Legs, Treadmill and Step Mill (Legs?)
    Wednesday-30Day Shred Arms and Legs, Elliptical and Strength training (arms)
    Thursday-30Day Shred Arms and Legs, Stationary bike, step mill (legs?) and strength training (arms)
    Friday-30Day Shred arms and legs, elliptical, treadmill, step mill and strength training (arms)
    Saturday-30Day Shred arm and legs, elliptical, treadmill, step mill and strength training (arms)
    Sunday-elliptical, treadmill, step mill, and strength training (arms)

Not sure if you consider the cardio a leg workout??

Hope everyone enjoys their day!!!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Tough day for me today. It started out with some good old fashioned up-chucking for some reason. I didn't weigh in until after I had quite a bit of water and late morning, so my weight might be thrown off by that. Anyway, here are my stats for today.

So.. I lost an inch in my lower belly... gained an inch in my thighs (too many lunges?) and overall am about a pound heavier. I could really use some input on this. I raised my calories this week since I thought they might be too low but got in a sweets rut, so that is not helping. Is this fat weight? muscle weight? I'm sick weight? Give me your thoughts, please/

weight: 133 (gained weight)
    waist: 25 (same old)
    lower belly: 31 (lost inch)
    hips: 38.5 (same old)
    thighs : 23 (added an inch)
    arm: 10 (same old)
  • vsetter
    Options
    WOW!!!! There seems to be a trend this week! I gained one pound too! I am so discouraged by that. I did not take measurements. My weight today is 128#.

I did not exercise as much as normal, but I did upper body strength training 2 times this week and lower body once. Not my best, but not my worst.

I re-checked my fancy digital scale that tells body fat percent. Last week it said 26.6%. Today it said 26.2%. I know muscle weighs more, but how long does it take for that muscle to start burning off the remaining fat???

I'm so sick of this plateau.....2 weeks ago I weighed 125.5#. Last week I was 127# (but I blamed it on TOM --- and it was my first TOM in 10 months so it made sense that i weighed more). Now I am 128???? WTF????
  • vsetter
    Options
    Oh --- and don't worry about posting measurements weekly (unless you want to, of course). For this challenge, we only need to take measurements once per month.

Each Sunday though, be sure to submit weight and exercise. AND --- I've done 30 day shred --- I think it definitly counts as strength training. It made my legs hurt with those squats and lunges :)

Thanks!!!!
  • vsetter
    Options
    So my new Turbo Fire schedule says that I should be eating about 1500 calories per day, but that includes my exercise calories (if I am reading this right). So all I get is 1500 calories....no matter how much I exercise.

Not sure what to do? Should I keep my settings (1/2 pound loss = 1460 calories per day) and not eat exercise calories??? OR Should I go back to 1200 and then eat exercise calories? OR should I keep doing what I am doing (which caused me to gain a pound)???

I'm so confused and discouraged. I'm willing to gain muscle, but I need to see these numbers change SOON!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same. I'm entering the third week at 138. :(

Regarding exercise, I'm not sure what would count as upper or lower, since I try to do total body stuff:

Monday: Yoga and Running
    Wednesday: Ripped in 30 and Zumba
    Thursday: Yoga and Zumba
    Friday: Yoga and Zumba
    Today: Yoga, Zumba, Walking

We just got to the beach today for vaycay, and I'm kind of worried about eating wayyyy too much. But I brought my food scale (to the slight annoyance of anyone who isn't my fiance). At least he's being super supportive as always.

vsetter -- I upped mine to 1500, which means .6 lbs. per week. I'm hoping it busts me out of this (almost) plateau. I would eat back exercise cals, and if you don't gain, stick to that. I'd rather have to reduce after a teeny gain than think I'm not eating enough. I had a problem with that before, and never want to go there again.
  • vsetter
    Options
    Please don't take this the wrong way......but I am kind of glad to hear that so many of you are "stuck" at this weight. I hope that we can all bust past this plateau, but in the meantime, I'm glad to know that I am not alone.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be the odd person out this week - but I lost. :smile: Not huge, only .7, but it's still a loss and I'll take it!! Down to 150.2.

Did a hodge-podge of activities this week ~ had my cousin's oldest son (age 9) this weekend so it was a bit of time outside, walks, kickball & knocking a beach ball around. I got to the gym to do my strength-training only once this week - did nautilus for both arms and legs. Plan to get to get more activity in this week & to the gym at least 2x to do my strength. Due to my continued back issues, I can only do so much. And am looking forward to a better week in the food department!

To all you plateau-ing......here's hoping that you call break thru this week ~ if even just a little! Have a good week all!
  • nickikole1
    Options
    I'm at 158 pounds right now... so I lost 1 pound. (I think it's just luck because I've been up and down all week). I did no real working out... well one day I did a (to use the last person's word) hodge podge of excercizes, including upper body workouts like push ups and weights. The rest of the week I just tried to be active at work by working in the shipping department instead of sitting at my desk and I'd throw in some calorie burning when the guilt of going over calories was too much at the end of the day.

(I had way too much cake also this week. I'm so glad that's out of the house now.)
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Current weight lost 140.2 - lost 1.2 pounds this week. Lower strength was three times. Was on vacation last week so routine was messed up with exercising, but got in LOTS of walking which definitely helped. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • bprague
    Options
    I forgot to give you my workout:

sunday running and weight lifting
    monday biking and elliptical
    tuesday running and weight lifting
    wednesday-nada
    thursday - running and weight lifting
    friday- active rest (walking)
    saturday- sick, nothing

hmmm... seeing it written out like this makes me feel like a slacker. A new week means new motivation.

Fun fact: I had a dream I was doing lunges last night.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Please don't take this the wrong way......but I am kind of glad to hear that so many of you are "stuck" at this weight. I hope that we can all bust past this plateau, but in the meantime, I'm glad to know that I am not alone.

I joined the group for just that-- the camaraderie. Congrats to those who lost! I hope to join you soon <3
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I never did measurements since traveling. I must buy tape measure.

Every Sunday thereafter, we will check-in and report the following:

I am 5'3
    Weight was 129
    Weight now is 127.7 (first lost in 6 months)
    --
    Workout schedule - Monday - elliptical, bike
    TU - run
    W - run
    TH- run
    F - elliptical, run, bike
    S- run
    S- run

Sadly no strength because on vacation and had to do mostly outside work.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Height: 5'8" Weight: 139

Workouts:
    M - 4.5 Mile Run
    T - 20 Minute Walk, 2 Mile Run, 10 Minute Weight Circuit
    W - Ab Jam
    Th - 4.5 Mile Run
    F - Rest Day
    S - 3.5 Mile Run, 15 Minute Weight Circuit
    S - 2 Mile Run, .5 Mile Walk

Measurements: (no changes)
    Height: 5'8"
    Starting Weight: 139.4
    Goal Weight: 130
    *Waist: 28 in.
    *Lower Abs: 36.5 in.
    *Hips: 35.5 in.
    *Thighs: 20.5
    *Arms: 10.5
  • vsetter
    Options
    Congrats to those that lost weight this week! You girls ROCK!! For those stuck at the plateau -- let's really push it this week and see what happens!!!

****** SPECIAL WOOHOO goes to Julie (roxiedo) and jalysons!!! Both lost just over a pound this week. GREAT JOB!

So far, 9 (of 16) have checked in for the week. You should get bonus points for checking-in on time! haha. Points were given for days where calorie goals were met (within 150 calories but not over), where water goals were met (minimum 8 glasses), where protein goals were met (within 10 grams) or exceeded, and for days of strength training (I gave one point per day of strength, regardless of whether it was upper body or lower body). Extra points were given to those losing weight -- 1 point per half pound.

Here are the top 5 as of today 8/8/11:

1st place - Brittany (bprague) - 21 points
    2nd place - Kate (kblue2007) - 17 points
    3rd place - Kristin (kerick9) - 15 points
    4th place - Jordin (jreuckert) - 13 points
    5th place - Nicole (nickicole1) and Valerie (vsetter) - 12 points each

****** SPECIAL WOOHOOs goes to ---
    Julie (roxiedo) for being the ONLY one who did not go over calories all week!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!! It paid off -- you lost a pound!

Brittany (bprague) and cheshirechic for meeting water goals every day this week!!!

Kate (kblue2007) for the most days of strength training! Keeping those muscles strong will help burn extra fat!

Kristin (kerick9) for reaching calorie goal (and that means eating back exercise calories)! She met goal 6 of the 7 days!

Brittany (bprague) met protein goals every day this week!!!!

Great job Ladies!!!!!!

It was really an eye-opener for me to see the table of points. I will try and figure out how to post it. To see it, spelled out, that I only met calories level three times and only met protein once, was tough. I've gotta get on the ball!
  • vsetter
    Options
    This week's extra point challenge

Since so many of us went over calories at some point this week, here is this weeks challenge:

You must log in your meals every day this week. Each day must be at or under calorie goal. No going over this week! If you go over calories (or miss a day of logging) you will lose 5 points at the end of the week.

Next week, I will report weekly point totals AND grand total point totals.

Message me if there is anything else you would like to see included or posted! Thanks! Keep up the good work!!!
    Val
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Ohhhh now I'm nervous :huh: I know Saturday is going to be really hard for me to log...we are going to a Bourbon, Beer, and BBQ party..........I sure will do my best but Valerie you can just take away those 5points now :laugh:
  • bprague
    Options
    Greek yogurt is the easiest way to get my protein. I kinda dislike it, so I just switched back to regular, but I'm halfway to my protein goal when I have a serving.