Slender Sisters <3 Introduction Thread (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• sweetsapphire85
    Options
    just joined the fb group! I've been working my butt off at the gym everyday for almost a month and have lost almost 10 pounds, i'm actually starting to see results.

My family decided it was pizza night (one of my weaknesses) so I went out and bought a subway veggie sub instead. I REALLY don't want to mess this up...I must say no....
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    just joined the fb group! I've been working my butt off at the gym everyday for almost a month and have lost almost 10 pounds, i'm actually starting to see results.

My family decided it was pizza night (one of my weaknesses) so I went out and bought a subway veggie sub instead. I REALLY don't want to mess this up...I must say no....

Way to go!
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good morning sisters! Weighed in today at 169.4 - goodbye 170's!!

Great job! I can't wait for that day!
  • asiavenetia
    asiavenetia Posts: 31 Member
    Options

GOOD JOB at opting for a healthier meal :)
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    well, I haven't been doing my best for the last couple of days due to TOM, and today is no exception. I'm pretty much staying within my calories, BUT they are made up of all bad things! Trying to get past these cravings, which usually last for 3 days or so and then I can regain control. :)

128727530935428274.jpg
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    well, I haven't been doing my best for the last couple of days due to TOM, and today is no exception. I'm pretty much staying within my calories, BUT they are made up of all bad things! Trying to get past these cravings, which usually last for 3 days or so and then I can regain control. :)

128727530935428274.jpg

TOM always stinks I think. I always feel crappy for most of the week. I love the picture though, I think we can all totally relate!
  • elliej3
    elliej3 Posts: 29
    Options
    HAHA great pic! Keep on going through those TOM girls, its hard but you can do it! I'm going away for the next 5 days, but i will still have mfp on my phone, and possibly be able to access the forums, so please remember to weigh in on thursday and by the time i get back friday night i will have our first loss chart! YAY :)
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options

128727530935428274.jpg

I could do with pinching that pic for my front door when its TOM lol love it.
  • chrissypops
    Options
    A friend of mine told me about the 200 sit up program, its a 6 wk course to improve your core muscles and enable you to do 200 sit ups in one go at the end of it!

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

whos up for the challenge? xx

Hope ur all ok and ready for the start of a new week! xx

chrissy x
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    A friend of mine told me about the 200 sit up program, its a 6 wk course to improve your core muscles and enable you to do 200 sit ups in one go at the end of it!

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

whos up for the challenge? xx

Hope ur all ok and ready for the start of a new week! xx

chrissy x

hey, I'm down to try it!

Why don't we all go on and chit chat a little bit about what our exercise routine CURRENTLY consist of, that way we have an idea at what levels we are looking at, and what are some feasible goals to look towards.

Mine looks like this:

Monday = "Lean and Learn" which is yoga/pilates or other strength training moves, all while listening to my favorite podcast which is called "stuff you should know" - I stretch and do a variety of pilates moves depending on what I feel needs the most work that day. I use the podcast as a way to time my workout...so I must keep working until the episode is complete (or 2 episodes if it's a short one) The podcast also helps me look forward to my work out because it keeps my mimd off of the discomfort.

Tues: 60 minutes of non stop high intensity Zumba!

Wed.- "Lean and Learn"

Thurs.- 60 min Zumba

Friday - "lean and learn"

Sat. - rest day or something fun with the hubby and kids like frisbee.

Sunday. - 60 minutes of Zumba

I've also noticed that lots of people from the original thread haven't yet chimed in. I will go over there and bump the thread to alert them that we have moved over here just in case. In order to fully support one another, it's important that you log in and check with the group (often! Daily! MORE than daily!! Even if you just post a quick 'hello' so we know you are there and 'with us' that would be great. The more talk, the closer we will get, and the more motivated we will become because we don't want to let each other down.

Also, come join our facebook group! http://www.facebook.com/groups/212140898834790/
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Still here!

My exercise program varies: I try to go to the gym every day though overall as of september it'll drop back to 3 days a week so I'm making this part count!

In general every day I go to the gym I do 45 minutes on the stair machine (i'm transitioning from the manual setting to increasing the incline and resistance to the hill type of program). I also walk at least a mile on the treadmill afterwords. (according to the machines although inaccurate as they may be I aim for a total of 650 calories; however long that takes me)

After that I alternate strength training Arms/Abs one day with Legs/Abs the next. (the middle is where i seem to carry most of my weight)

I'm also considering running the treadmill for that 1-2 miles (or working up to that) and possible 30 day shred on days where I am running short on time during the school year.

So that's my plan if you can call it that!

Meg
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey!

My workout week is as follows:

Sunday -- weight machines and dumbbells for upper body (lift as heavy as possible), then cardio machine for 30 to 60 minutes

Monday -- Rest day

Tuesday -- weight machines for lower body, lower back and abs (lift as heavy as possible), stairclimber for 15 minutes, cardio machine (elliptical, bike, treadmill) for 30 to 60 minutes

Wednesday -- weight machines and dumbbells for upper body (lift as heavy as possible), then cardio machine for 30 to 60 minutes

Thursday -- weights for lower body, lower back and abs (lift as heavy as possible), stairclimber for 15 minutes, cardio machine (elliptical, bike, treadmill) for 30 to 60 minutes

Friday -- weight machines and dumbbells for upper body (lift as heavy as possible), then cardio machine for 30 to 60 minutes

Saturday -- weights for lower body, lower back and abs (lift as heavy as possible), stairclimber for 15 minutes, cardio machine (elliptical, bike, treadmill) for 30 to 60 minutes

Sorry! I don't have a Facebook account. If I don't get to the gym to workout, I use my Treadclimber and dumbbells at home.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options

Sorry! I don't have a Facebook account. If I don't get to the gym to workout, I use my Treadclimber and dumbbells at home.

No worries! We will do most of our chatting over here anyway, I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that there are several places to go for support, plus the facebook can be easier on a mobile device for some.

Everyone's workout plans sound great so far!
  • ohchansey
    ohchansey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My gym schedule is mostly just in the morning :) since so far I've been super tired at night.

I go walking /jogging for 1 hour and swim for 1 hour every morning. I'm trying to do push ups and hitting drills for popping each night for this week. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have popping practice for 1-2 hours. Saturdays I have popping classes for around 3-4 hours. I'm trying to fill in the other days a bit, but as someone that doesn't normally workout much outside of dance, it's been really hard getting together the motivation.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    My gym schedule is mostly just in the morning :) since so far I've been super tired at night.

I go walking /jogging for 1 hour and swim for 1 hour every morning. I'm trying to do push ups and hitting drills for popping each night for this week. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have popping practice for 1-2 hours. Saturdays I have popping classes for around 3-4 hours. I'm trying to fill in the other days a bit, but as someone that doesn't normally workout much outside of dance, it's been really hard getting together the motivation.

well I'd say that dance is really good exercise in itsself! So do you watch "so you think you can dance"? I love that show!
  • ohchansey
    Options
    well I'd say that dance is really good exercise in itsself! So do you watch "so you think you can dance"? I love that show!

Yeah, I love watching "so you think you can dance" :) I've been missing it recently due to me attempting to watch less tv/online tv, but they're such amazing dancers.

Unfortunately my dance schedule is usually only a few times per week, so I've been trying to practice myself and work out outside of it, but as some one that hates any form of exercise other than dance :) it's been difficult.
  • chrissypops
    Options
    At moment I'm doing Zumba on wii 3/5x a week around lunchtime when my sons having a nap. Walk all over the place as well as the occasional swimming xx

Looking at all the exercise u lot are doing, your putting me to shame!!

Chrissy xx
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great weekend! If any of us fell off the wagon lets hop back on and continue with our goals :) its my birthday week so im trying very very hard to eat the best I can and still enjoy some fun dinners. Im good so far. No weight gain or loss so im not too sad. :)
  • ohchansey
    Options
    Haha yeah, I definitely fell slipped off the wagon on Sunday, with the rain preventing my usual morning walk and waking up extremely late :( I didn't have time to weight myself this morning, but I'm hoping I didn't gain much... I'm hoping to keep up my current pace for August, so that I'll be on a good track for the semester :)
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't have a real consistant work out. I do 30 DS (currently on L2) 3-4 mornings a week and I do at least 30 minutes on the elliptical every evening at work...(usually hill intervals). I really concentrate on my eating habits since I'm not as consistant with my workouts. In about 2 weeks, my son will start day care and I will have a little more time to do more exercise!!