My boss just pulled me in her office to talk about my toots.

Options

Replies

• Raysie1
    Raysie1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Boss: "Umm.. how do I broach the subject, are you familiar with the children's song: beans beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat the more yyou... you know..."

I am unfamiliar with this version - in the UK beans, beans are good for the heart!
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Raysie1 wrote: »
    Boss: "Umm.. how do I broach the subject, are you familiar with the children's song: beans beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat the more yyou... you know..."

I am unfamiliar with this version - in the UK beans, beans are good for the heart!

This is also the version I'm familiar with . I'm in California but am from Toronto.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    So colleagues have complained about you? If so then you should either find a job where you don't annoy people or eat differently. Seriously, if you are farting then you are eating too much protein. Your body cannot digest as much as you put in. Thus eat less of it.

I don't have a protein-heavy diet but I still have this problem. OP said she enjoys cruciferous veg, they're known offenders for gas. But damnit, broccoli is delicious!
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    Oh goodness! How did he even approach you with this topic? That must've been so uncomfortable.

"Hey deviatednorm, can you come into my office real quick? So...how's everything working with work? Okay okay...good to hear...so...last night, can you tell me a little about what went on?"

"Uh...idk what you're referring to, last night was slow and uneventful."

"There was a nurse who sprayed something tho? So... uh... hrm...do you have a problem with gas maybe?"

turned out I was the bad guy for asking the nurse not to spray the room lol

You can borrow my 8 1/2 year old son if you want them to know yours aren't bad. :D
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Try charcoal tablets. My farty brother swears by them.

This!! Activated charcoal works.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    The spraying of nasty chemicals into the shared airspace is just as offensive and worse for one's health than the misplaced toot.

Agreed. Fart smell may be briefly unpleasant, but doesn't give me headaches like nasty artificial fragrance.

indeed. Lavender febreeze/Lysol makes me gag... Farts/BO... even third world/developing country water deprived BO doesn't gag me as badly.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Since you are all nurses, what did she say? I mean, she above all should know it's a normal biological function. Was she worried about your health? Or did she just tell you to take it outside?

This all stemmed from me asking a coworker to wait 20 minutes until I left to spray down the main office with lavender for the second time that night. I didn't realize she was doing so to cover my toots, I wasn't having a super bad fart night even!

My boss asked me to let folks spray their heart out and that I should sneak off into one of the provider's offices if I have another toot attack.

Is it just lavender essential oil or some vile concoction that is faintly reminiscent of lavender?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Try cutting back on the fiber. That's the likely culprit. ;) Pre-Logging your meals can help you to determine if what you're going to eat for the day will be too much.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I guess I see both sides. Gas is a normal bodily function but it can also be tough to be stuck in the same space with extra smelly ongoing farts and being told not to spray air freshener.

Find an air freshesner that doesn't bother you and offer that to your co-workers. Try to leave the shared space if you feel like you are going to pass gas.
    Change your diet on work days if there is a particular food that makes you extra gassy or your farts extra smelly. I guess look at your food diary and see what is causing the most issue.Try not eating the troublesome foods for you 6-8 hours prior to work.
    Take something like gas-x or beano.

https://nutritionfacts.org/2011/12/05/beans-and-gas-clearing-the-air/
    I enjoyed that article too much.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    kazgorat1 wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yep! :/ Most embarrassing trip to the boss's office yet.
    Haahaa oh dear. I was just complaining to a coworker that my new shoes keep making farty noises when I work, but that's next level.

Try charcoal tablets. My farty brother swears by them.

I'll definitely have to give those a try. My coworkers are nurses and such, I guess they can wipe a patient's *kitten* but my toots are just too too much.

...they are pretty bad.

Hmm. Seems like you need to be a little more stealthy about it. Next time, wait until a coworker temporarily vacates their area, then toot there. That way, they will think the other person did it!

If I rip on the elevator by myself, and it stops and someone gets on, I'm just like "yo I need some air" and we laugh and laugh and laugh.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Raysie1 wrote: »

I grew up with both versions being sung back to back lol.