How do you date in 2018?

Options

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    anubis609 wrote: »
    Dating in 2018? We send dkpix and #*kitten*, then get laughed at to obscurity until we become reclusive hermits and follow thirst traps to send dkpix and #*kitten*.

Answering for a friend.

Still sending Dpix in 2018. Brah???? We all F-bois nowadays. Gotta phone you a Fboi. Doesn't matter if you did the deed or not. Guilty. No need to continue the thirst.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ sarcasm doesn’t translate well in text. Still happens tho apparently. Dudes out here eating detergent, fam. I don’t think acting right is on their priority list.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Its hard
    I feel as I’ve gotten older dating has become more difficult
    Well ...not difficult ,just less quality men
    I feel like everyone wants to play around and not really get to know someone.

• Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Dating in 2018? We send dkpix and #*kitten*, then get laughed at to obscurity until we become reclusive hermits and follow thirst traps to send dkpix and #*kitten*.

Answering for a friend.

Still sending Dpix in 2018. Brah???? We all F-bois nowadays. Gotta phone you a Fboi. Doesn't matter if you did the deed or not. Guilty. No need to continue the thirst.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ sarcasm doesn’t translate well in text. Still happens tho apparently. Dudes out here eating detergent, fam. I don’t think acting right is on their priority list.

Tide Pod 4 Lyfe.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    elizarizo wrote: »
    Its hard

Less quality women. Want to know where all the good men gave gone. Too many women looking to trade up the second they think a better option comes along. Men are tired of it. Tired of paying child support. Tired of losing half our assets when we get divorced. Tired of dying earlier. Tired of working longer hours only to be publicly flogged as "less quality" ...plenty of good men out here. Many are just opting out.

I blame the slogan..."I won't settle." Which is fine for those with desirable traits, but don't expect 6'2" six pack and making 200k Prince charming to come along and date 100% of the single population. Here's a clue. Those men have the women they want. Those men represent less than 1% of the male population. So be very careful with how you define "quality men". Women were once very angry about having to live up to a "Barbie standard" (and rightfully so to be angry...thats unrealistic)...but we need to start having some realistic expectations and conversations about what makes a quality man.

The end.

Why you mad though? :joy:

Not mad. People want to know what's on the mind of single men in 2018. That's it. Don't mean to sound harsh. It is what it is. Just being honest. Trust me...some men are very angry. But because their anger is misinterpreted as misogyny in a politically correct world their concerns are laughed at or dismissed...only further exacerbating the anger.

I'm presenting one thought to OP topic on why it's hard to date in 2018. I think this qualifies as one of several legitimate explanations.

Some men are just checking out.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Its hard

Less quality women. Want to know where all the good men gave gone. Too many women looking to trade up the second they think a better option comes along. Men are tired of it. Tired of paying child support. Tired of losing half our assets when we get divorced. Tired of dying earlier. Tired of working longer hours only to be publicly flogged as "less quality" ...plenty of good men out here. Many are just opting out.

I blame the slogan..."I won't settle." Which is fine for those with desirable traits, but don't expect 6'2" six pack and making 200k Prince charming to come along and date 100% of the single population. Here's a clue. Those men have the women they want. Those men represent less than 1% of the male population. So be very careful with how you define "quality men". Women were once very angry about having to live up to a "Barbie standard" (and rightfully so to be angry...thats unrealistic)...but we need to start having some realistic expectations and conversations about what makes a quality man.

The end.

I agree & disagree, you're correct pertaining to the unfair expectations of women; as you mention! However even though I saw "The Red Pill", the main misrepresentation concerning men blaming women; for legal matters' that until women and/or men of color were permitted to even vote, most of these views/laws; were orchestrated by Caucasian men & you still dominate, the political landscape to change this as you always've; yet don't choose to but just complain/blame!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    W8WarI wrote: »
    Its hard

The end.

I agree & disagree, you're correct pertaining to the unfair expectations of women; as you mention! However even though I saw "The Red Pill", the main misrepresentation concerning men blaming women; for legal matters' that until women and/or men of color were permitted to even vote, most of these views/laws; were orchestrated by Caucasian men & you still dominate, the political landscape to change this as you always've; yet don't choose to but just complain/blame!

Your expectations of Caucasian men seems awfully high.

Historically, perhaps. But we are dissecting dating in 2018.

And those Caucasian men who control the political landscape today. They don't have dating apps. You realize not all caucasian men are political power weilders? Demographics are changing year to year. And we all deal with that a it comes. But the Red Pill outlines some very true and stark problems men face, yet to most its classified as misogynistic Nazi right wing propaganda.

I don't really want to delve into politics here. We can agree to disagree and be friendly. MFP has some strict policies about politics in the forums.

I just want to reiterate I was giving one point of view that is representative of a lot of MEN...not just Caucasian men...as it pertains to dating these days.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Wow, how did racism get cought up in comments about the opposite sex?

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Expectation kills so much in our society anymore, because reality has been perversely distorted by the media and too many people focus on what's in it for them...constantly.
  • W8WarI
    Options
    Its hard

The end.

Then whom, was within control of the government; when men of color & women, weren't permitted; to vote/be a candidate? Heck even for decades when women had the right to vote, they still weren't allowed to've access to credit; without a man's permission!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Its hard

The end.

Then whom, was within control of the government; when men of color & women, weren't permitted; to vote/be a candidate? Heck even for decades when women had the right to vote, they still weren't allowed to've access to credit; without a man's permission!

This question has been asked and answered 1000 times in other forums on other sites. Let's just agree to disagree.
  • W8WarI
    Options
    Its hard

The end.

Historically, perhaps. But we are dissecting dating in 2018.

And those Caucasian men who control the political landscape today. They don't have dating apps. You realize not all caucasian men are political power weilders? Demographics are changing year to year. And we all deal with that a it comes. But the Red Pill outlines some very true and stark problems men face, yet to most its classified as misogynistic Nazi right wing propaganda.

I don't really want to delve into politics here. We can agree to disagree and be friendly. MFP has some strict policies about politics in the forums.

I just want to reiterate I was giving one point of view that is representative of a lot of MEN...not just Caucasian men...as it pertains to dating these days.

Which's why, I said "legal matters" separately; via women's expectations!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Expectation kills so much in our society anymore, because reality has been perversely distorted by the media and too many people focus on what's in it for them...constantly.

Agree. As well as social media portraying 100% perfect life.

We've lost our way and it's disrupting our thought process.
  • W8WarI
    Options
    Its hard

The end.

This question has been asked and answered 1000 times in other forums on other sites. Let's just agree to disagree.

I am wondering, how's it plausible to disagree; with the facts but I digress!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Its hard

The end.

Well to be fair I was speaking for myself, someone who isn’t married and has no children has a career takes care of herself. I think I deserve and won’t settle for less. So yes there are not enough quality men in the world! Not saying there isn’t but just less and less.

:)
  • I_Pedal_4_Pleasure1
    I_Pedal_4_Pleasure1 Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Dating in 2018 is really complex, I've been divorced going on 6 years. I am in my 50's and certainly don't look or feel it. My issue is that there isn't a lot of women my age that I would date. I am established, I own my house and vehicles, have a job and have multiple incomes. Most women I meet are looking for a security blanket and to be 100% honest, if you weren't here to help me earn and achieve it then why in the hell would I want you around, especially if you aren't going to contribute to it or be exactly what I want in a woman.