Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I rather have sex before I rush into dating

always test drive the car a few times before you buy it
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Dating in 2018 is really complex, I've been divorced going on 6 years. I am in my 50's and certainly don't look or feel it. My issue is that there isn't a lot of women my age that I would date. I am established, I own my house and vehicles, have a job and have multiple incomes. Most women I meet are looking for a security blanket and to be 100% honest, if you weren't here to help me earn and achieve it then why in the hell would I want you around, especially if you aren't going to contribute to it or be exactly what I want in a woman.

Buffalo nickel says you get a half dozen DMs just from posting that little tidbit of info right there.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Dating in 2018 is really complex, I've been divorced going on 6 years. I am in my 50's and certainly don't look or feel it. My issue is that there isn't a lot of women my age that I would date. I am established, I own my house and vehicles, have a job and have multiple incomes. Most women I meet are looking for a security blanket and to be 100% honest, if you weren't here to help me earn and achieve it then why in the hell would I want you around, especially if you aren't going to contribute to it or be exactly what I want in a woman.

Buffalo nickel says you get a half dozen DMs just from posting that little tidbit of info right there.

Haha was just gonna say that
    Maybe he wanted that
  • I_Pedal_4_Pleasure1
    Options

Actually nope not a single one. I didn't post that to get DMs, I was being honest and sharing my point of view.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Has anyone had a good experience with a dating app??????
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Wow, how did racism get cought up in comments about the opposite sex?

Unfortunately via, the same road; that sexism did! Why do you believe, we've both a Black History month & a Women's History month because it all, relates to systematic prejudice & the recognition/change?
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Nope but then again maybe if you pay for one it will be better?
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    This threat is hilarious!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    This threat is hilarious!

We aim to please on MFP.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Define good experience!.

I met a few cool people, and a few not, been ghosted. I find the biggest issue is that one or both parties are just uninterested in the other romantically. it has been a few years since I was truly interested in anyone I met online.

As for successes, I met a woman who is probably now one of my best friends on a dating app. went on 2 dates, but ended up just being friends, go out to concerts together, go to her place to catch UFC, etc. been good friends for 4+ years now. I hang out with her and her common-law BF now and then.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »

Define good experience!.

I met a few cool people, and a few not, been ghosted. I find the biggest issue is that one or both parties are just uninterested in the other romantically. it has been a few years since I was truly interested in anyone I met online.

As for successes, I met a woman who is probably now one of my best friends on a dating app. went on 2 dates, but ended up just being friends, go out to concerts together, go to her place to catch UFC, etc. been good friends for 4+ years now. I hang out with her and her common-law BF now and then.

I qualify that as a good experience. I guess everyone might see it differently.
  • W8WarI
    Options

Only 1, I put that my favorite movie; was TMNT & a man sent me a message asking me which 1, which began a conversation concerning the entire movie/show history; including a show that I'd forgotten about!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Somebody sent me a winky face emoji once.

;);)
  • boehle
    Options

THIS isn't a dating app?
    I knew I was in the wrong place.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    W8WarI wrote: »

Only 1, I put that my favorite movie; was TMNT & a man sent me a message asking me which 1, which began a conversation concerning the entire movie/show history; including a show that I'd forgotten about!

Fav turtle?
    Raffy.
  • erickirb
    edited February 2018
    Options
    boehle wrote: »

THIS isn't a dating app?

It can be, lol. I did actually date someone from here (long-distance) for about 5 or so months, first person I dated after my separation.
  • W8WarI
    Options
    W8WarI wrote: »

Fav turtle?
    Raffy.

He's my favorite also!
  • boehle
    Options

THIS isn't a dating app?

It can be, lol. I did actually date someone from here (long-distance) for about 5 or so months, first person I dated after my separation.

define long distance? lol
  • W8WarI
    Options

THIS isn't a dating app?

The opposite side, of my door!
  • erickirb
    Options

THIS isn't a dating app?

Lets see, just outside of Columbus Ohio to Halifax NS (about 2,200 km/1400 miles). We only managed to see each other in person 3-4 times,4-7 days at a time