How do you date in 2018?

Options

Replies

• Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »
    Has anyone had a good experience with a dating app??????

THIS isn't a dating app?
    I knew I was in the wrong place.

It can be, lol. I did actually date someone from here (long-distance) for about 5 or so months, first person I dated after my separation.

define long distance? lol

This is a good question. Really. Dating apps put people who are like minded but far apart readily together. Making it seem like a compatible relationship...in 2018 how does distance play into Dating? How far apart is everyone here willing to "reach" for love/hookups/whatever your bag is.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

THIS isn't a dating app?

It can be, lol. I did actually date someone from here (long-distance) for about 5 or so months, first person I dated after my separation.

Lets see, just outside of Columbus Ohio to Halifax NS (about 2,200 km/1400 miles). We only managed to see each other in person 3-4 times,4-7 days at a time

that is a long distance and OH EM GEE. I never find anyone thats only 2 hrs from me! I am in Cincy. Nevermind, shes the one close to me LOL

I dated a coworker in Halifax.
    Yes, thats rough
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

THIS isn't a dating app?

This is a good question. Really. Dating apps put people who are like minded but far apart readily together. Making it seem like a compatible relationship...in 2018 how does distance play into Dating? How far apart is everyone here willing to "reach" for love/hookups/whatever your bag is.

Now I only look for women within 60km from me, though I am sure I would be okay with further, if they contacted me first and we hit it off
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

THIS isn't a dating app?

Lets see, just outside of Columbus Ohio to Halifax NS (about 2,200 km/1400 miles). We only managed to see each other in person 3-4 times,4-7 days at a time

that is a long distance and OH EM GEE. I never find anyone thats only 2 hrs from me! I am in Cincy.

I dated a coworker in Halifax.
    Yes, thats rough

Lol, in the grand scheme of that distance, pretty close to you!

Small world... Too bad the locations weren't reversed, Lol
  • boehle
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Dating in 2018 is really complex, I've been divorced going on 6 years. I am in my 50's and certainly don't look or feel it. My issue is that there isn't a lot of women my age that I would date. I am established, I own my house and vehicles, have a job and have multiple incomes. Most women I meet are looking for a security blanket and to be 100% honest, if you weren't here to help me earn and achieve it then why in the hell would I want you around, especially if you aren't going to contribute to it or be exactly what I want in a woman.

I'm in my 50s too but I'm fat and I don't think you'd want to smooch me or buy me fried chicken with rice and beans with your multiple incomes. We could never lie down on the couch together, or in the back seat of one of your many vehicles, and discuss 70s film and 80s hairdos. Dammit. What if I wear eyeliner and a girdle and spritz with some Summer's Eve? What if I lie and tell you I own instead of rent? What's the harm. Oh well. I'll just have to settle for daydreaming, fantasizing about men like you and all the joy and depth of emotion I'll never share with you.

Come here you. I'll buy you some fried chicken and we can get a bigger couch to eat that fried chicken and ice cream on.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

THIS isn't a dating app?

Well I began, with a 10 mile radius; simply because I rely, upon public transportation! Unbeknownst at the time to me though the 1st man that I took an interest within was only 3 miles, 1 bus distance, the bus stop was literally next to his house & I'd pass it every week going grocery shopping, which he also resides closest to but he dislikes me!

A man, via the Bronx; visited my profile upon Okcupid & he was interesting enough for me to seriously consider him, so I made the difficult decision; to seek within the continental US! However as we were within the midst, of us discussing my coming to see him; he ghosted me!

I'd never, consider long distance; for sex but I'd consider sex, if he's unable to build a relationship normally; like he's a military man & transferring's a constant issue but my only aim's a relationship!
  • I_Pedal_4_Pleasure1
    Options
    Dating in 2018 is really complex, I've been divorced going on 6 years. I am in my 50's and certainly don't look or feel it. My issue is that there isn't a lot of women my age that I would date. I am established, I own my house and vehicles, have a job and have multiple incomes. Most women I meet are looking for a security blanket and to be 100% honest, if you weren't here to help me earn and achieve it then why in the hell would I want you around, especially if you aren't going to contribute to it or be exactly what I want in a woman.

I'm in my 50s too but I'm fat and I don't think you'd want to smooch me or buy me fried chicken with rice and beans with your multiple incomes. We could never lie down on the couch together, or in the back seat of one of your many vehicles, and discuss 70s film and 80s hairdos. Dammit. What if I wear eyeliner and a girdle and spritz with some Summer's Eve? What if I lie and tell you I own instead of rent? What's the harm. Oh well. I'll just have to settle for daydreaming, fantasizing about men like you and all the joy and depth of emotion I'll never share with you.

Wow, bitter much? I am happy that you will never share anything with me...I feel like I need a shower with gasoline and steel wool just reading your dribble.
  • boehle
    Options

THIS isn't a dating app?

I would say an hr'ish drive.
    That would give us the weekends to see each other.
    Makes it also not impossible to have a week night dinner.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    If you find out please let me know.
  • boehle
    Options

Wow, bitter much? I am happy that you will never share anything with me...I feel like I need a shower with gasoline and steel wool just reading your dribble.

heck, your face made me want to do that to myself.
  • I_Pedal_4_Pleasure1
    Options

Right back atcha!
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options

#humblebrag #Ibetyou'refunatparties #hashtagsdon'tworkhere
  • CaptainFantastic00
    edited February 2018
    Options

Right back atcha!

dude quit being a dick, also you 100% look like you're in your 50's
  • I_Pedal_4_Pleasure1
    I_Pedal_4_Pleasure1 Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Right back atcha!

dude quit being a dick

I'm not being a dick, i was being attacked for sharing a point of view. Just shows how much ignorance there is in these threads.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    edited February 2018
    Options

Right back atcha!

dude quit being a dick

I'm not being a dick, i was being attacked for sharing a point of view. Just shows how much ignorance there is in these threads.

"attacked" "point of view" "Ignorance"

you literally just told someone you'd mutilate yourself instead of visiting them. then told someone else to mutilate themselves.

that's being a dick.

Slow your role bro
  • I_Pedal_4_Pleasure1
    Options

Right back atcha!

dude quit being a dick

"attacked" "point of view" "Ignorance"

you literally just told someone you'd mutilate yourself instead of visiting them. then told someone else to mutilate themselves.

that's being a dick.

Slow your role bro

Wow... you really can't comprehend anything can you? You said set myself on fire and set someone else on fire then you edited it. You should really just stop posting because you are being a dick...Bro!
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options
    anyways if anyone figures out this dating thing do me a favor and let me know! I'd be interested in finding out.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options

Buffalo nickel says you get a half dozen DMs just from posting that little tidbit of info right there.

Actually nope not a single one. I didn't post that to get DMs, I was being honest and sharing my point of view.

I'm sure your profile at least got a lot more hits today.
  • I_Pedal_4_Pleasure1
    Options
    Okay we're all singles here from very different walks of life and with different values. Let's be friends, seriously. I appreciate you all, even if I wouldn't have sex with you maybe. My comment was tongue in cheek and (I thought) equally self deprecating as it was sarcastically obnoxious. No harm, no foul, please. I was just throwing a curve ball instead of an easy pitch. Us bitter 50 something year old fatty gals are good at that and we love it. Let us have our simple pleasures. But also, let's keep this thread going and not get it shut down. Sorry if I offended.

I regret responding the way I did, I didn't read it the way you intended it to be read. I certainly didn't mean to come off as high and mighty or braggadocious. I too am sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.